Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #31 of 343
I would love to go and bring my big tree of headphones, and also to demonstrate some new DSD things.
However, unfortunately I will be in Japan between 7-17 May (maybe stock up on some gear... 
biggrin.gif
), so I won't be able to attend if it's 11 May.

If the date changes for some reason then I will definitely go, so I'll keep checking the thread regularly...

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #33 of 343
Save for any emergent circumstances I will be coming.  

It will probably break my back (again) but if anyone is interested I can bring my AudioGD gear:

-Master 6
-NFB7.32

USB transport and headphones are easier to manage:

-Sennheiser HD800
-Bel Canto Reflink
-Westone 4
-Sony EX700

Look forward to seeing everyone again.  Hope we all can make it.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #34 of 343
  I would love to go and bring my big tree of headphones, and also to demonstrate some new DSD things.
However, unfortunately I will be in Japan between 7-17 May (maybe stock up on some gear... 
biggrin.gif
), so I won't be able to attend if it's 11 May.

If the date changes for some reason then I will definitely go, so I'll keep checking the thread regularly...

Looks like you're in luck, the date is set for the 4th of May.

The Can Con isn't the same without your headphone tree now is it?

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #35 of 343

Looks like you're in luck, the date is set for the 4th of May.

The Can Con isn't the same without your headphone tree now is it?

Yep. I can definitely go if it's the 4th of May.

Would be awesome to try your Invicta again. I recall at the last meet I was quite shocked because it was the best sounding headphone amp that I have ever tried to date.
Too bad I won't be able to bring any new loot from Japan by then.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #38 of 343
Hi everyone,

I just found this post and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I'm moving to Sydney in April and would love to meet up with everyone! Long time lurker and reader on this site and have been wanting to attend an event.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #40 of 343
  I'd like to come, but I'm not sure if I have anything worth bringing? I've never been to something like this (for any hobby). I'd be coming from Newcastle. 

Well I'd love to hear some stuff you've got. I was considering k550 and esw9 some time ago...

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #41 of 343
Welcome Rob and sorry for your wallet. I'd like to be the first to say that if no one's ever said it to you.

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #42 of 343
  Yeah, I'd love to see the tree again! and of course the Invicta :D

I'm also quite queries in the Invicta dac because same of the Invicta's like the Mirus are quite similar to the Calyx Femto, with dual ESS Sabre ES9018 chipsets

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #43 of 343
Last year was fun with good people and pizza, i'll join try to join in again this year. But I can't 100% confirm as I have a friend form Japan going back on that day.

I'll bring along my LCD2.2s, KEF M500s and FOSTEX HP-A8 DAC/AMP.

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #44 of 343
Hpz, Weren't you going to bring your other headphone to the meet as well? (Stax SR-009?) The one everyone would be dying to listen to?

I'm only using a converter with the stax at the moment, ie. I have to bring the speaker amp to get it up and running :frowning2:  

The BHSE is taking it's sweet time to come, but hopefully it is almost here (I've only waited for 16 months and counting ^.^ )

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #45 of 343
Welcome Rob and sorry for your wallet. I'd like to be the first to say that if no one's ever said it to you.

Like I said I've been a long time reader/lurker so my wallet has been trashed for some time now already!  
biggrin.gif
  I've amassed quite the collection so far based on recommendations and advice from the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back