Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #241 of 307
  I would have been happy to help cover any shortfall and to reimburse syn for the effort that he is put in.

if there was any shortfall I would have been happy to pitch in where I can.

I think everyone should chip in some amount because pkwak organised the meet for everyones benefit and it costs should be more of a shared responsibility. I would be happy if everyone upped their contribution if need be, I sure can given the excellent amount of gear there is on offer

also thanks to pkwak and syn for organising

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #242 of 307
Please, I will let everyone know if I require help or will adjust the registration fee accordingly in the Can Con 5. So for now please do not concern yourself about the finances and just enjoy your meet~

Also as mentioned by one of the members, you should definitely bring your own music on a SD card with usb adapter. You need to listen to your own music to really appreciate the gear you are listening to.

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #244 of 307
I note hpz bringing invicta dac (and no laptop) which takes sd card. Great dac which you should try.

Wow, I never imagined of connecting phone to the laptop. What a great idea.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #245 of 307
I note hpz bringing invicta dac (and no laptop) which takes sd card. Great dac which you should try.

I keep mentioning this, but at the last meet, I thought Invicta was the best gear there, and was the best DAC/HPA I've ever heard to date. It's definitely worth bringing an SD card with your own music just to experience it....

Also, on a more affordable end of the spectrum, my new iFi iDSD Micro can hook up with Apple camera connection kit directly, if anyone is interested.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #247 of 307
The invicta will take either an android OTG cable or an iphone with the camera connection kit, in addition to the SD card. I will be bringing all the aforementioned adapters.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #249 of 307

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or...

Anyway with my DacMagic Audio Plus there was an external bluetooth adaptor that you could just connect your phone to wirelessly, and play music off of it. But I don't have it and I never really had a need for it, so for anyone that wants to listen to the DAC needs to bring a cable or a USB thumb drive or something that you can plug into my laptop.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #250 of 307
I was genuine and not being sarcastic. Just realising my incapacity to notice something so obvious and being oblivious all this time.

Same with 'android OTG cable or an iphone with the camera connection kit'. I had no idea. I guess you learn something new every day.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #251 of 307
  I was genuine and not being sarcastic. Just realising my incapacity to notice something so obvious and being oblivious all this time.

Same with 'android OTG cable or an iphone with the camera connection kit'. I had no idea. I guess you learn something new every day.

From my experience I found the iPhone camera connection kit works OK but the Android OTG cable are somewhat flakey. Whether it detects the DAC fine or not depends on the model of phone, Android OS, and the brand of OTG cable. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes works then stops working, etc.. etc..

If anyone knows of a good quality branded OTG cable then please let me know. I keep buying junk unbranded ones and the results are mixed.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #252 of 307

Yeah sorry, I thought you would have known about it that's all. I just thought you were taking the mickey. :p

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #253 of 307
  Sounds good, I'm in!
I'm not going to bring everything on my list, I will save this to the CC 5.0 plus a close friend is getting married the night before so I won't have the time to pack everything up and might be slightly hung over :p

So I'm thinking of bringing the following

HD800 K812
Oppo PM-2
Fostex TH-900
AKG K712 Pro
Beyer T90
Shure SE535
Shure SE846
Fiio E12
Fiio X5
Hidizs AP100
Cowon P1

I'm happy to chop and change the list depending on the demand

IzzyBlues I won't bring my HD650, this would save me :)

Just a reminder, I'm not bringing my original full list due to time constraint. 

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #255 of 307
Anyone know how to do a bass mod on AKG Q701? If I bring my pair of headphones would someone be able to help me make the mod successfully and neatly?

There is a member called "eimis" on Head-Fi who I think is in Sydney still and who has a pair of AKG Q701 with the bass mod. Feel free to ask him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back