Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest!
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 86

I'll lug them around if there isn't much walking distance :p

I have them linked in with the NFB12 and the WA6. I'm not a super high volume listener so the WA6 with some big tubes sounds pretty slick to me

Cool. I'll be running mine from my main home gear (North Star Essensio DAC -> Corda Concerto amp). I've even contacted the maker of my amp to see if it's considered powerful enough for the HE500, and he assured me that it's more than capable. I'd love to get a tube amp at some stage as well though.

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 86
Looking at @DJScope 's artwork, I can't help it but wonder about the acoustic possibilities of a full metal mask like Ned Kelly's...  hook up some drivers and it's like a closed version of the Jecklin Float - I want it!  
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 86
Yea, we really do need more people - but like I said, if it's just us (and under 8 people), I could host it - it would mean no cost for hiring a place etc. I'm looking at possibly Saturday 26/7, unless we get a rise in interest.

If I'll be hosting it, I'll be in touch with those who indicated that they're coming via pm for instructions etc.

I got a couple of very interesting headphones last Friday - the HE-500 and the unique Sony MDR-F1. Both driven by my main setup (Essensio DAC -> Corda Concerto). The HE-500 is every bit as good as what people write about it, I'm immensely enjoying it. And the F1 sounds better than I thought it would. It has a very delicate, clear, and detailed sound. And the design of it makes for a very unique listen. It is instantly becoming my headphones of choice for movies.

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #20 of 86
  Yea, we really do need more people - but like I said, if it's just us (and under 8 people), I could host it - it would mean no cost for hiring a place etc. I'm looking at possibly Saturday 26/7, unless we get a rise in interest.

If I'll be hosting it, I'll be in touch with those who indicated that they're coming via pm for instructions etc.

I got a couple of very interesting headphones last Friday - the HE-500 and the unique Sony MDR-F1. Both driven by my main setup (Essensio DAC -> Corda Concerto). The HE-500 is every bit as good as what people write about it, I'm immensely enjoying it. And the F1 sounds better than I thought it would. It has a very delicate, clear, and detailed sound. And the design of it makes for a very unique listen. It is instantly becoming my headphones of choice for movies.

Sounds great! That F1 looks like a very interesting open design.
26th is good for me, nothing that I can think of for that day. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #28 of 86
I missed the last sydney one too, but im in North Parramatta, so this would be convenient.  But I can't really do saturday afternoons for a while still, cause i have soccer matches.

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #30 of 86
Ooooh I might be able to come! Depending on the day and proximity to my exams.

Senn HD650
ATH-M50 (the red one)
NAD c542 CD player
Cheap arse but still alright solid state amp for the Etymotic ER-4s/p 
Schiit Valhalla 2 with Mr Tom's tubes (unless they're sold before the meet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back