Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest!
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #31 of 86
Canberra based, but always keen for a meet if it aligns with the gf's plans of course :p 

I'm more a Custom IEM person myself so don't have too much gear to share, but can bring in the following:

Creative Aurvana Live 2 (HM5 mod)
Sony Walkman A865
JDS C5
Yamaha HPH-200 (if people are interested since lazy to cart around otherwise)

Will confirm a bit closer to the date if I can make it or not aye.

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #32 of 86
That's great to see some more names show up, really looking forward to it!

In terms of venue, I'm thinking of booking a room at Granville Town Hall, it's free for community groups, and given that it is a meeting of hobbyists with no profits or anything, I think it should work. I'll finalise the booking once we settle for a date/time. And if we can indeed book the room for free, that would mean no cover charge - but maybe I'll ask for people to volunteer to bring some soft drinks & cups? I'm thinking no food in the room at all, there are excellent and cheap food choices right outside on South St, and even the drinks would only be in one corner o the room.

So, if we start a bit earlier on the 26th work out better? say, 11am to 4pm? 

Alternatively, would anyone prefer Saturday August 2nd?

I'll update the attendees & equipment lists a bit later.

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #33 of 86
  I missed the last sydney one too, but im in North Parramatta, so this would be convenient.  But I can't really do saturday afternoons for a while still, cause i have soccer matches.

Sorry I just saw that - I can also do Sundays, either 27/7 or 3/8?

Maybe we should do a poll between the 4 dates...

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #34 of 86
Well, I wouldn't want to make people change for me, but a poll would be good so I can vote for sundays :p

I'd bring:
Audio GD NFB-1 (2014)
Violectric V200
Beyerdynamic T1  (waiting on a new cable currently...)
Grado RS1i

Beyerdynamic T70 (if people want, i normally just leave them at work)

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #35 of 86
  Well, I wouldn't want to make people change for me, but a poll would be good so I can vote for sundays :p

I'd bring:
Audio GD NFB-1 (2014)
Violectric V200
Grado RS1i

Good idea. I think that @intlsubband should nominate all the possible dates and times that he can do it on and we can all vote on the time and date that is good for everyone.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #36 of 86
**POLL** **POLL** **POLL**

I did a quick poll using Qualtrics. Please choose as many of the day/time combos as you can make, and then we'll see which time block is the most suitable.

Ideally we will close it after 2 days because the room needs to be booked 2 weeks in advance.

here's the link:

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6A9ICejzI1xphKB

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #37 of 86

I did a quick poll using Qualtrics. Please choose as many of the day/time combos as you can make, and then we'll see which time block is the most suitable.

Ideally we will close it after 2 days because the room needs to be booked 2 weeks in advance.

here's the link:

TICK ALL THE BOXES! xD

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #38 of 86

I'd bring:
Audio GD NFB-1 (2014)
Violectric V200
Grado RS1i

Wow that gear list escalated quickly :xf_eek:

What happened to the LD and T70! Left at work headphones now!

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #39 of 86

here's the link:

Damn I'll be overseas in all those days, I've been looking for a Sydney meet. I'm relatively new to audio, well since I've been serious about it. Looking to learn more about it and get insights from seasoned audiophiles. I guess I'll stick to this forum for now until the next meet.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #40 of 86

Wow that gear list escalated quickly :xf_eek:

What happened to the LD and T70! Left at work headphones now!

Maybe because I missed two meets since I saw you... But yeah, I originally did buy the T70 cause I wanted something nice and closed back to have at work...  I compared them to the T1 at that meet, and eventually decided I'd rather get the better Beyer for home use cause I have never gotten the RS1i to be as comfortable as I'd like.  And I haven't gotten rid of the LD1+, but it sees little use as the V200 is pretty good with the RS1i and I use the T1 most of the time anyway,

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #42 of 86
  Hey Guys, 

Does anyone know/comfortable to solder something for me at the meet? My skills are horrid and I would like to solder some cables to my Turbulent X drivers. 

I pretty confident with a soldering iron. Though I take no responsibility for damage to drivers. If you don't already know that soldering to driver contacts is quite dangerous to you drivers. If the temperature is raised too high, it can burn them out.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #43 of 86
So, the day of choice seems to be Sunday 27th - but unfortunately the venue I had in mind (Granville town hall) is already booked. Does anyone know of a good venue? I'll do a couple of more calls tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back