Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Jan 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #198 of 239
I've been really looking forward to can-con since it was announced, I'm even packed up ready to go... However the mercury is rising they are now saying 45c which will be a all time record. I just can't see myself leaving my finches unattended all day, so I have to put myself down as maybe which is depending on tomorrows weather.

Hopefully I will be there

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #199 of 239
I've been really looking forward to can-con since it was announced, I'm even packed up ready to go... However the mercury is rising they are now saying 45c which will be a all time record. I just can't see myself leaving my finches unattended all day, so I have to put myself down as maybe which is depending on tomorrows weather.

Hopefully I will be there

you could maybe come in the morning for a few hours while it's not too hot :) .

need not be for the entire 8, or is it 9 :D

ps I hope the aircon and power hold at the venue /in sydney in general :D

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #201 of 239
Someone else already awake? I need more sleep...

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #202 of 239
Due to miscommunication I don't have a loft tot the event. Sorry if I don't make it.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #203 of 239
Awesome day today! Thanks to everyone who made it possible :)

Looking forward to the next time. Cant believe it took me 3 years to finally show up.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #204 of 239
Thanks everyone X2.  My only problem now is selling all my gear to buy the Invicta DAC and an HD800.  I'm not kidding either, but I think a more patient approach might pay off...

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #206 of 239
Quote:
Oh wow! That's a serious move. What factors helped you make that decision?

I found it on another planet in terms of transient sure-footedness for lack of a better term, absolutely no fuzz at all and yet there was a sweetness to the presentation that avoided dryness.  I think part of it was the HD800, but I'm pretty sure most of it was the Invicta DAC.  With HD800 I felt it was better able to handle the contrast between piano and forte, the HE-6 can seem a little inflexible with very delicate playing technique, which was something I noticed at the last meet as well.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #207 of 239
Drez, it's definitely the dac.
I had one here recently on the diyt2 / 007 rig and it was brilliant.
To me it was like my buf32s but professionally finished with many, many more features (I loved the SD reader function and hi-res usb).

Unfortunately I couldn't make it today  ='(

edit: I was listening via the 009 that day.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #209 of 239
Quote:
Drez, it's definitely the dac.
I had one here recently on the diyt2 / 007 rig and it was brilliant.
To me it was like my buf32s but professionally finished with many, many more features (I loved the SD reader function and hi-res usb).

Unfortunately I couldn't make it today  ='(

edit: I was listening via the 009 that day.

Yeah, I think this is true, BTW did you think it was within reach of the Buffalo32s?  You are right about the features, and the included amp is fastastic, so I could feasibly sell everything and still have a working setup with just the Invicta.  The HD800 was fantastic off the headphone out.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #210 of 239
Quote:

I found it on another planet in terms of transient sure-footedness for lack of a better term, absolutely no fuzz at all and yet there was a sweetness to the presentation that avoided dryness.  I think part of it was the HD800, but I'm pretty sure most of it was the Invicta DAC.  With HD800 I felt it was better able to handle the contrast between piano and forte, the HE-6 can seem a little inflexible with very delicate playing technique, which was something I noticed at the last meet as well.

Did you take the HE-6 with you as well? Was the HD800 running off the analogue outs? Seems like you might have found something you were looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back