Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Sep 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 239

svyr

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone,

Paul asked me to co-organize a new meet for 2013. (yes we're having it early in the year. It's to do with venue bookings)

The previous meets are under:
2012 http://www.head-fi.org/t/608735/can-con-2-sydney-2012-meet-aug-18th-3-30-to-8-30pm-near-epping-station
2011 http://www.head-fi.org/t/549400/can-con-sydney-meet-10-07-unique-melody-i-enjoy-com-au-jaben-australia-twisted-cables-krispy-kables-to-join-us-major-prize-giveaway-by-jaben-aus /

He'll be away in December and I'll be busy falling apart as usual, but hey, why not.

A meet is a nice chance for people to exchange impressions, sample new and old gear and maybe buy or sell gear.

Here are the meet details so far:

a) The confirmed/time is Jan 12 9:30-6:30pm. (we don't get to chose, they're more as Paul can agree with the venue custodians :D )

b) The venue is near Epping station, details available upon registration (a few days before the meet). <-- and yes, I see the obvious irony.

c) Same rules as last year I presume (subj to change :D ?)

d) I assume the conditions will be the same as last time - (see the start of the post for the 2011 meet link) - incl similar fees for vendors ($20) and regular attendees ($10-15).

e) post the gear you might bring (IEMs, full size cans, amps, dacs, electrostatics, etc).

f) Depending on how you get to the place (not sure how applicable this is before we determine the venue, but some people brought large amps, so it still is), and how much you want to help us have a larger meet with more gear, you may volunteer yourself for car pooling (state the area you're in)

g) The format will probably be similar to the one last year. (subject to change):

The Set up.
Registration.
Vendor presentation ( introduction (who they are, what goods or services they are involved with, feature product introduction/demonstration). ( I particularly loved Uniques Melody's table drape with their name and logo and it would be good and very professional if the vendors could organise one themselves).
Free time.
Draw. (prize if any available).
Free time.
Pack up.
Clean.

The preliminary rules are:

1. I'll contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number on Tue before the Meet, and when provided will respond with the venue details.

2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo id will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet. (the info aside from your name and forum id will be burnt within a few days of the meet). For vendors - you can give them your details if you wish separately?

3. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)

4. Please be careful and respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.

6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.

7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorant are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your 10kg amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea

9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 239

Potential attendee list:

(if you wanna come too - pm me, or pkwak)
Probably Coming: audionewbi,audioeddy, bigmac, b0unce, dibzr, drez, Grant625, gandah, hpz, kookoo,
mmmmm was taken +1, navii, Otrakun, scratchy, pkjames, pkwak, rzy6cn, sandalaudio , svyr, thuanbone, tricka, viper0700, zowki

Possibly coming: AudioAspirant, freddyfax, VaryCold, veyrongatti(late), wink

Vendors:

The following are y|maybe:
Audio Technica Australia (TAG) - yep, will confirm details (what demos to bring, etc) with Paul on Mon.
MaxMedia - maybe - Will get back to us on the 7/8th
Rhapsodio - sent a sample - Hybrid IEM + amp, will hopefully arrive in time :\
Yamaha Australia (Headphones section) - maybe - will get back on the 7th.

Nope - busy with CES,etc:
AddictedToAudio
noisymotel
Acustoms/UMAus
Tralucent
Qusp/Jeremy

No reply: (you can email or call them again yourself if you really want to see them there :D )
Jaben
KrispyKables
Kablecorner
WickedDigital

You will possibly see the following gear: (PM to confirm if you really want to see something)

Fullsize HPs:
AKG K340 (electrostatic/dynamic) (sandalaudio)
AKG K701 (recabled with canare starquad) (pkjames - ask/fs)
AT ES10 (audionewbi)
Audio Technica m50 (viper0700)
Audio Technica L3000 (rzy6cn- maybe)
Audeze LCD-2 Rev.1 Silver Dragon v3 (etherlite - maybe)
Beyerdynamic T1 (balanced - pkjames)
Beyerdynamic dt1350 (mmmmm was taken - ask)
Beyer DT880 (dibzr)
Denon D5000 (zowki)
Fostex TH900 (zowki)
Fostex TH900 (gandah)
German Maestro 435 or 450 PRO, both double padded (Svyr)
Hifiman HE-400 (thuanbone)
Hifiman HE-6 (drez)
Jay car Monitors ( OEM version of the Brainwavz HM5 ). (phaselock - maybe)
Sennheiser HD650 (viper0700)
Senheisser HD650 (kookoo)
Sennheisser  HD650 (leftshoe)
Sennheiser HD800 (Grant625)
Sony MDR-Z1000 (sandalaudio)
Ultrasone HFI-780 (audionewbi)

IEMs:
Audiofly AF78(svyr)
AKG K3003i (etherlite - maybe)
AT CK100pro(audionewbi - maybe)
Ety ER4S (audionewbi)
JVC HA-S500 (zowki)
Rhapsodio RDP Plus (2BA + DD) (maybe)
Sennheiser IE8 (viper0700)+
Shure se-215 (dibzr)
Shure SE-535 (Grant625)
Sony XBA-4 (audionewbi)
TF10s and a fiio e6 (bigmac)
T-PEOS H-100(svyr)
Unique Melody 3 driver/3 way xover universal + Silver cable (twfk+ci, lower end tuned similar to miracles) (svyr)
Unique melody Merlin universal (svyr) (maybe)
Westone UM3X (ayecee - maybe)
Westone 4, cables.(drez)
Westone um3x and 4R (kookoo)

Amps/Dacs/Sources:
AudioGD 11.32 (phaselock - maybe )
AudioGD Master 6 (drez),
AudioGD Reference 7.1 (drez - for sale),
AudioGD NFB 7.32 (drez),
Audinst hud mx-1 (thuanbone)
Audiophilleo 2 with Purepower (drez),
Asus xonar essence one (standard edition) (gandah) 
Burson HA-160DS (Grant 625)
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire (etherlite - maybe)
Fostex HP-A3 amp/DAC (zowki)
Grace m903 (sandalaudio)
Invicta DAC (hpz)
Lehmann BCL (sandalaudio)
Littledot MK 6 (modded - pkjames)
Mint amp (leftshoe) 
Musiland MD11 + JDS O2 amp (svyr)
DIY PCM1794 DAC + DIY EMP/Mogan Jones (pkjames - maybe - ask)
diy sabre dac (nattonrice - maybe)
ODAC+O2 (audionewbi)
Pico Dac/amp (mmmmm was taken - ask)
RME Babyface (sandalaudio)
Schiit Asgard (viper0700)
Stello DA100s DAC (pkjames)
Violectric v100 amp (kookoo)
Woo Audio WDS-1 (if A2A doesn't bring them)

Sources:
Cowon D2(svyr)
Hisound Rocoo BA (audionewbi)
ipod Nano 7th generation (audionewbi)
ipod touch 5G (audionewbi)
Sansa Clip+ (svyr)
2 laptops (svyr)
PC - Foobar 2000
Sony Walkman NW-F807 (etherlite - maybe)
SSD iMod 128Gb 5.5G - Rockboxed

Stax:
diy bhse (nattonrice - maybe)
stax o2 (nattonrice - maybe )
009 - rzy6cn - maybe

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 239
Excellent :) I am in for this one. Also will attempt to not acquire horrendous pestilence this time around.

Gear I will bring:

SPL Phonitor
JDS Labs ODAC (I've really come to love this little thing, when I remember it's there :wink:
Beyerdynamic T1
Cambridge Audio DACMagic if I still have it in four months.

Headstage Arrow 2G
Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo

Maybe a pair of Sennheiser HD650 if I can fit them into my bag. I'll be driving this time.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 239
I'm in too! Here's the list of gear I plan to bring:

Headphones:
- Fostex TH900
- Denon D5000
- JVC HA-S500

DACs/Amps/Transports:
- Fostex HP-A3 amp/DAC

My gear list is very likely to change by the time of the meet. I'll update my list closer to the day of the meet.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 239
Quote:

Potential attendee list:

People: (some are TBC)
I like divination too: pkwak, svyr
Vendors:
We will be inviting:
Addicted To Audio
Good Times (Krispy Kables) (Narrabeen)
kablecorner
qusp
Tralucent Audio
Unique Melody Australia
But you're free to suggest more.

You will possibly see the following gear: (PM to confirm if you really want to see something)

DACs/Amps/Transports
go here
Stax gear if we're lucky
goes here
HP
go here
IEMs
go here
Vendor gear
goes here

already? what if stuff breaks before the meet happens? 

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 239
Quote:
Ahoy, the date and time have been confirmed by Paul (possibly booked I think) as Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Yes, a few of you may be on holiday, but hopefully not too many
biggrin.gif

I'll start editing the eq and attendee list in a few weeks
biggrin.gif

Yay, I'll be in Sydney by then.
I hope to be able to bring a HE-400 and a NFB12.1, but it all depends on whether or not I get that job I just applied for.

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #14 of 239
Subscribed first, gonna update my gear list when we are closer to the date.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #15 of 239
I'll be there modulo something coming up.
Preliminarily I'll bring my diy bhse, stax o2, and the same diy sabre dac I was using with the diyt2 at the last meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back