Can con 3 (Sydney,Australia meet) - Jan 12th 2013 - 9:30am-6:30pm, Epping.
Nov 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #31 of 239
I'd like to come. I've never been to one of this meet ups. I do have DT880 and my se215's but I don't think they are that amazing to bring along. Is it OK to just come and look and sample other people's gear? I don't know the protocol. ahahha. 

log story short, how do you get on the list? :p

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #32 of 239
welcome dibzr,
you do not have to bring anything however, some may want to try out your dt880 or your se 215.
You are on the list by posting that you would like to come. Svyr will send you the details closer to the dates.

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #33 of 239
Quote:
I'd like to come. I've never been to one of this meet ups. I do have DT880 and my se215's but I don't think they are that amazing to bring along. Is it OK to just come and look and sample other people's gear? I don't know the protocol. ahahha. 

log story short, how do you get on the list? :p

+1 I have a dead DT990 with a headband that is ruined and torn above pads...... and the XBA3 which is normal...... 

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #34 of 239
Since we're meeting in my suburb I can't refuse the chance no matter how little knowledge or equipment I can contribute... 
Sennheiser IE8
Sennheiser 650
Schiit Asgard
Audio Technica m50
Skullcandy 50/50 (I joke, I joke)
Sorry it's all pretty standard stuff but the budget isn't exactly expansive. This is assuming my online purchases over the next couple of weeks all go well and the IEMs don't go through the wash of course (my poor 300cx ii - they survived the first time). Also what's the deal with music sources, do I bring my own CDs, Ipod or something completely different? (Excuse my ignorance if its already been said.)
Looking forward to checking out some other gear :) I'll have to confirm closer to the date as I've no idea what the holidays holds.

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #35 of 239
Quote:
Also what's the deal with music sources, do I bring my own CDs, Ipod or something completely different? (Excuse my ignorance if its already been said.)
Looking forward to checking out some other gear :) I'll have to confirm closer to the date as I've no idea what the holidays holds.

Bring both CDs and Ipods, and maybe a USB stick with a few songs in it :) A lot of people (me included) will be bringing our laptops :D

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #36 of 239
This one looks much more promising in terms of me being able to attend, all let you all know as soon as I can. I'd like to bring some gear, but I'd most likely go to audition so I have a better idea of what gear to buy haha. I've sold me e11 and HD25, so all I have now is my UM3X. I'd like to try some Um reshells and a RoCoo P is anyone has one. But my interests change weekly, so I'm sure it'll be different by then.

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #37 of 239
I will finally have a laptop next meet! I bought myself a retina Mbps last week.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #41 of 239
Hi I am brand brand new to this forum.. So I am not sure if I am allowed to attend??

I would love to come along but don't have much to bring especially as I am only starting out. I only have shure se215, 525 and vsonic gr07 and maybe some etys if i buy them.

also will there be any other melbourne people going?

Cheers

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #42 of 239
Hi I am brand brand new to this forum.. So I am not sure if I am allowed to attend??

I would love to come along but don't have much to bring especially as I am only starting out. I only have shure se215, 525 and vsonic gr07 and maybe some etys if i buy them.

also will there be any other melbourne people going?

Cheers

New? You have more gear than I do! And of course you're allowed to attend! that is the idea, so you can audition new and exciting gear. As for people from Melbourne, I Know that Unique Melody AU and Addicted to Audio (who will soon be expanding to Sydney :D) are both situated in Melbourne but have come to Can con before, so don't worry about being alone.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #44 of 239
Is it OK if I post on facebook to see if any of my friends would be interested in coming?

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #45 of 239
I suppose posting to say that there is headphone meeting is fine as long as it does not have any specific details of the meeting. They must register through headfi to attend though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back