Can anyone tell me why I dont want the new Zune?
Nov 30, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, its 3.2"

biggrin.gif
Diagonal....about 2.75"x2.25" give or take sitting here on my desk
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hands down, Zune 30. Look for it coming up cheap. You won't beat it for sound quality/storage size/price.

It's the only player out there that has 30gig, that you can get under 100

You can't get it for $100 anymore. Maybe it'll come back down in price once the 80 becomes widely available, but they are closer to $200 these days.

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

before you make false claims, you should try reading the original post.

and, to add to my previous post,
the zune doesn't have an EQ
can't do dynamic playlists
software has limited tagging abilities

1. does it shows on your Zune ? 'cause it doesnt show on mine. is the pixel density higher on the HP-120 ?
2. I'm not comparing...I'm saying that you can hack this feature.
3. which OS are you using, OP ? I bet he is using Windows as the Clix is a MTP device.
biggrin.gif

4. Does the Clix and the D2 have contacts. Remember, he dont care about video/pictures so, why should he care about games coming from a HP-120 ?
5. He said: "I do however want the _best audio quality_ and storage space." why did you remove the underscore and bolded part?
6. He is looking for the Clix and the D2 not the iPod.
7. I said: HIS. Look the HP-120 on his sig. and notice the maybe on the end.

I read the OP. so what false claims ?

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #49 of 51
yes, it does show on your zune. you just don't find it to be an issue (and you have been a zune fanboy since the day it was announced.) i notice it even on the zune 30GB in my hands. the 80GB is a larger screen which means even bigger pixels.

no, you can't hack this feature. you can edit the registry to allow it to act similarly on certain computers, but it is never truly a UMS hard drive

and? using it on other operating systems may be something that is useful.

i removed it because we were talking about storage space. if you read my initial post, i mentioned that the zune has good sound quality.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
now, why should you get? the interface looks spectacular, the screen is huge, the old zune sounded great (hope that holds), it has a radio, it will be integrated well with the social site they are setting up (community), all around it seems like a good device integrated with a good system.

he said he was looking at the clix and the d2, not that they were the only options.

i thought you were talking about the clix, but he could be using rockbox with the hp120 which has options for rating songs.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

yes, it does show on your zune. you just don't find it to be an issue (and you have been a zune fanboy since the day it was announced.) i notice it even on the zune 30GB in my hands. the 80GB is a larger screen which means even bigger pixels.

BTW, did you have any trouble updating it ? Any songs or albums got messed up 'cause on the way the ISO encoding works ?
What metadata tagging software did u use to solve any of your troubles, if any ?

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #51 of 51
I have the Zune 80 GB and love it.

The only things that I wish were different is that there was "more". More options and additions to the interface. EQ (I wouldn't usually use it), some preset themes, able to delete from device, etc.

I was a Rio Karma owner, then Zen Vision M. Use of video is important to me, along with AQ.

The ability to actually hold the songs I want (for some reason I really want at least 30 GB with me...) and have plenty of video space is perfect. H264 hardware support is nice to have but I wish some additional containters were supported (only m4v)

Points are made about the pixel density. And they are of course very valid, and it would look better with higher. However, for me moving from a 2.5" diag to the 3.2" of the Zune, even at the same rez was a huge plus. Videos are far more enjoyable and at the typical distance I hold it while sitting it is a great compromise.

Also for those that want it, there is an awesome dock solution. Component video out, line out audio, etc. The ability to output full DVD rez, even with h264 over component is pretty cool (I do not have the dock, but could see this as being a really good feature for some)

The AQ is very good on this player, at least from a pick it up and casual listen standpoint. I haven't had the chance to really sit and listen but first listen with my Shure E4's and it seemed very open and clear. Compared to the ZVM, much better stereo seperation and less "in your head" sound...open and clear. Bass response at first listen seemed a bit stronger but the ZVM has EQ to more than offset if that floats your boat.

Overall very highly recommended from the hardware standpoint for someone who wants a device with good storage size (over 30GB), great screen size for videos, and a nice interface. Real button presses with touch is a very nice balance.

My biggest complaints: more fluff and features...stuff that can be added in a firmware update...but mostly the fact I need to use the Zune software. Looks fine, etc...but I hate having another program, esp with WMP11's built in functions...I mean come on MS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back