Can anyone recommend an iem like the re0 but with more bass response?
Dec 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Poetik

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just came into a little bit of a predicament. I love my re0's and I just bought a pair of ne-6 / ne-7's for my friend. I took a bit of a listening to the ne-6 / ne-7's and they do a lot better representing the bass of the music (especially while playing video games). I'm curious if there's any iem out there that has the neutrality of the re0 but with a little bit more impact bass wise? I have one of those fiio 5 amps but I don't really like what it does to the re0's because it seems to drown out the high end frequency that I like.

Can anyone lend an opinion please?

Many thanks in advance,

-Cedric

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 17
At that price point, you're thinking about the RE1. You're losing some clarity, but gaining all-round balance.

If you want RE0 clarity AND great bass, you're spending much, much more. Like triple-driver money.

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 17
try fitting the shure olive tips on them. really increases bass response w/o affecting the other end of the spectrum

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 17
I am also interested in this. I've been looking at the Hippo VB and Fischer Audio Eterna as alternatives...

How about the RE2 w/ FiiO E5?? it's darn cheap at head-direct! (I'm asking this, not proposing...)

EDIT: Oops, nvm, RE2 lack bass too...

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 17
I agree on the better amp option. I'm listening to mine out of my pico and the bass clearly improves. Obviously you don't have to go out and buy a pico, but I would investigate some amps beyond the e5. That said the RE-0 will never be a bass heavy phone, it's up to you. I would audition an amp before you go out and buy a new pair of IEMs though.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 17
You should definitely give the new RE252s a try. Forget about RE1 though - they don't have nowhere near as much detail as RE0 and sound quite unnatural compared to RE0. They are also way harder to drive.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 17
Find a pair of Cyclone PR1 Pros (and read joker's review in this forum). They are cheap ($50 shipped is what I paid on ebay) and both Joker and Jant71 say the PR1s are 90 percent of the RE0s, with more bass. In fact, I own a pair and they are an amazingly balanced dynamic, and really sound fantastic (never owned the RE0). THey are hard to find, but I got mine on ebay. You might want to consider the Cyclone PR2, which are more bass-oriented.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #12 of 17
the S4 may have good bass but it is something that the OP is not looking for. neutral like the RE0 with a bit more bass impact does not describe the S4.

Sep 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #14 of 17
s4 is nothing like the RE0 I believe. I'll personally try the m1s for a safer bet because you'll retain that decent sonic balance and the increase in bass quantity won't be that immense.

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 17
If you like your RE0's, you should perhaps try increasing the amount of foam in the nozzle for more bass response. You might find this will be a big enough change.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back