can anyone give me a comment of Cardas cable for HD650?
Jun 11, 2009 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

unlimited

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i just want a comment from you guys about the cardas cable for HD650? (the blue one..)
what is the different about the stock cable and the cardas cable or even the silver dragon or SAA Equinox which more expensive..
thank you for any help

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 9
cardas cable is not the best match for the 650. much better for the 600. for the 650, i like the silver dragon, zu, or equinox. i think any of those cables will give you better performance than stock.

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the different about the stock cable and the cardas cable or even the silver dragon or SAA Equinox...

Can't comment on the Cardas. Zu Mobius and Silver Dragon make the sound clearer and more transparent and give the treble a nice sparkle. The SD is leaner, the Zu sharper on top. The Equinox shines with detail, airiness and soundstage; otherwise it sounds a bit closer to the stock cable than the other two. (Read: to my ears.)

It's also a matter of system synergy and sonic preference.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 9
I have the Cardas blue cable, as well as the Blue Dragon and the stock HD-600 and HD-650 cables. I've tried all four cables on both headphones.

I don't hear any difference between any of them. No significant differences showed up on my DMM or oscilloscope, either.

As far as I can tell - using my ears and test equipment - there is no sonic difference between the cables.

In terms of attractiveness and build quality, the Cardas is clearly the best. I like the color, the feel and the nice plug. It's a really nice cable, don't get me wrong.

If you want to dress up your headphones to look nice, go ahead and buy it. I'm glad it doesn't change the sound, either. The HD-600 and HD-650 sound great stock and I didn't want that to change.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 9
Mechanically, the Cardas connectors interfacing with the Senns. (not the 1/4" in plug) are weak.

I've had pins pull out rather easily when removing connector. I recently replaced the original connectors with the Cardas aftermarket connectors which, if installed properly, are much more durable.

-m

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cardas cable is not the best match for the 650. much better for the 600. for the 650, i like the silver dragon, zu, or equinox. i think any of those cables will give you better performance than stock.

x2. i had the cardas for a while. it's a decent, smooth sounding cable but won't give you the best performance. if you're gonna spend money on a cable mine as well go all the way and get the Zu, Silver Dragon, or Equinox. i didn't like the built of the Cardas at all. i found the color to be ugly and it was a stiff, heavy cable; not flexible at all. try to look for one used on the for sale forums. it will save you a load more. i believe someone is currently selling the SD's.

i currently have the Zu and i like it. somewhat sharper and lots more detail. very thin and flexible.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 9
wow thank for the comment, seem like i need to sell this cable and get the new one..
but i need to try it first.
i have tried the Silver dragon and the SAA Equinox before but that's long time ago before i own HD650..
thanks btw!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back