Can an headphones truely have a BASS ?!
Nov 12, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buranko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow, that looks gorgeous... good cans?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...i.SE-M390.Shop
$39 + Sub....LOL.

The Spec look good, they can be loud.
wink.gif

Driver 40mm
Frequency 5 - 29,000 Hz
Impedance 32 ohms
Max Power 1,500mW
Sensitivity 105dB/mW

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #33 of 45
Reminds me of those off-brand PA amp/ DJ amp's with thousands of watts of brute force for like 499. But, where's the quality?

There's a reason this can boasts 5-29kHz, 1500mW input and is still 39 dollars. Hell, Maybe I'll sell my cans and make a few hundred bucks back!
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #36 of 45
Deep-cup Darth Beyers.

Second choice is the
new Darth V4 Terminators.

Both have very good realistic bass reproduction -- if the music has it, on the lowest "rumble"-type notes, you can feel your skull tingle.
And they are well-balanced, and do very well on the rest of the music, too -- not just the bass.

Behind the above two, but still close:
JVC DX1000

Then, still pretty close:
Ultrasone HFI-780,
Ultrasone PRO 750

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #37 of 45
If you want headphones and earth shattering bass, go K1000 paired up with a massive subwoofer.
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want headphones and earth shattering bass, go K1000 paired up with a massive subwoofer.
tongue.gif

I've been thinking about getting my SVS 20-39+ back from my sister (got rid of it because my neighbor complained about it, which her neighbor is now doing, and I have new neighbors) to pair with say the W5000s I'm trying to get. I think that'd make for a decent setup for gaming and movies.

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #39 of 45
Of all the cans I've heard, the Ed9 really smacked my head around. Very deep and hard hitting bass on those. Although generally I didn't like them for anything else.

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #40 of 45
The wavelength of low bass notes is much longer than the width of your head, so no, headphones can't do low bass. My friend has these monstrous 18" subwoofers and you can only hear the lowest notes outside of the house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crzystng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No mention of the D2000's? They can have some pretty wild lowend when amped correctly.

The D2000 does do bass better than most headphones but the lower bass notes clip easily when you listen to headphones as loud as I. I listen to my D2000's with a subwoofer. If your headphones can't blow out candles from 15 feet away, then you need a subwoofer for BASS.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #42 of 45
It depends on the kind of bass you're looking for. As a few have pointed out, the wavelength of low frequencies from a 30mm-50mm driver is not going to be felt by your body the way a subwoofer or an amped bass guitar at a concert will.

However, if you're looking for acoustic bass sounds, you can get those from a headphone. Try the K-1000, K-501 and DT48 for tight, realistic acoustic bass. You don't feel a plucked bass or a baritone anywhere as much as an electric one, so headphones will get that right. But for rock to feel right, you probably need loudspeakers.

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wavelength of low bass notes is much longer than the width of your head, so no, headphones can't do low bass. My friend has these monstrous 18" subwoofers and you can only hear the lowest notes outside of the house.

The D2000 does do bass better than most headphones but the lower bass notes clip easily when you listen to headphones as loud as I. I listen to my D2000's with a subwoofer. If your headphones can't blow out candles from 15 feet away, then you need a subwoofer for BASS.

That’s pretty extreme to listen to headphones with loudspeakers/subwoofers. Ever thought of using some transducers or something hooked into your chair so you can still feel the impact? I know the only reason I got started into this headphone craze is so that others don’t have to listen to my obnoxiously loud H/T equipment when I am enjoying it. You want to talk loud bass; I pull low to mid 140’s all day with my single 15” tuned to 26.62 HZ between 30-35HZ.
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #44 of 45
Of course yes....
The Denons, Ultrasones and Beyers (and some other brands) are capable to reproduce/'simulate' a bass that you can feel, as if it was from a subwoofer. Obviously in a lower scale than a subwoofer; because of physical limitations in the size of the drivers on a headphone. That doesn't as capable of move the same volume/pressure of air as a 5" or more of an subwoofer. But for me it is enough that these headphones can do....

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am having the Grado GS1000
And I had HD595 from shinn, and I heard AKG K701 and many others (Sony and so on)

These models you have heard are not considered bass heavy and i can confirm you that as i had HD595 and was listening K701 today. Try D2000, they have BASS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back