Campfire Vega 2020
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #121 of 127
It's not really a competition... the LX are in a completely different league in all aspects. The only thing the Vega (OG and 2020) have over the LX is coherency.

Really? I've never heard the Vega (either version) but I've got the Dorado 2020 which has some of the same DNA as the Vega 2020 and the Dorado wins or ties for me over the LX in all areas except resolution in the upper mids. YMMV and all that.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #122 of 127
Really? I've never heard the Vega (either version) but I've got the Dorado 2020 which has some of the same DNA as the Vega 2020 and the Dorado wins or ties for me over the LX in all areas except resolution in the upper mids. YMMV and all that.
Both Vega's are a lot more 'L' shaped in sound signature than the Dorado and are aiming for the same sort of signature as the LX. The Dorado 2020 is a lot more 'W' shaped in comparison. To my ears, the LX is superior to both in practically every way and is the epitome of that tuning.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #123 of 127
the LX is superior...in practically every way and is the epitome of that tuning.

I couldn't disagree more but this hobby would be a lot less interesting if we all liked the same stuff. YMMV and all that. Cheers mate.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #124 of 127
Can anyone provide comparisons between the Vega and the Empire Ears LX?
Also, to clarify, are you referring to the original Vega or the 2020? The 2020 is a lot more similar to the LX as the 2020 goes for a lusher, thicker signature with heavier note weight than the original which goes for a more energetic tuning with a treble spike.

I couldn't disagree more but this hobby would be a lot less interesting if we all liked the same stuff. YMMV and all that. Cheers mate.
Thats fine, we all hear hear things differently but I have heard all of the IEM's in question so just passing on my impressions. The Dorado 2020 is nothing like either of the Vega's and is more like the Atlas to my ear.

EDIT - Also you may want to take build quality and comfort into consideration, both CA models are a lot more robust feeling and comfortable to wear than the LX. Depending on the use case, source etc I'd argue that there isn't that much of a jump in performance to negate the increase in price.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #125 of 127
I already have the EELX but ordered the Vega 2020 on an impulse, I think I need to do some more research on these.

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #126 of 127
I already have the EELX but ordered the Vega 2020 on an impulse, I think I need to do some more research on these.
Oh I see… I really enjoy them and they are some of the nicest looking / feeling IEM’s I’ve had but I wouldn’t expect LX levels of detail retrieval, soundstage and layering etc. They sound really great with rock and male vocals after some extended burn in. There is also something to be said about the coherence of a single DD, Very easy on the ear.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #127 of 127
These are on Drop at $550, I am a UK buyer but even with import takes these come in almost GBP300 cheaper than buying here in the UK. The itch to buy them is still there, despite knowing they probably wont outperform my LX in any way. God-damn this hobby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back