Campfire - Solaris
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #9,136 of 12,035
Ah cool - didn't get any at all with the Fiio FH7 hybrids for some reason. Been a few years since I had driver flex with iems.

What tips are you guys rocking with the 2020s by the way?

Tested the sedna short,spiral dots and final e. My preference at the moment are the spiral dots

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #9,138 of 12,035
Ah cool - didn't get any at all with the Fiio FH7 hybrids for some reason. Been a few years since I had driver flex with iems.

What tips are you guys rocking with the 2020s by the way?
I am using the Sedna Earfit Light tips in Small, I have also tried the Final E tips, and Symbio W without the foam in them. So fare I find the Sedna's to be the most comfortable. I originally ordered the Sednas in M and while I could use them I did notice a lot of uncomfort as they were causing too much pressure due to likely being too large. The S I get a good seal and they are comfortable. I do also get a little bit of driver flex on inserting them sometimes. It depends on how I insert them and it isn't all the time. But I did notice when using the M I got driver flex every time when inserting them but that was the only time I would notice it.

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #9,139 of 12,035
I am using the Sedna Earfit Light tips in Small, I have also tried the Final E tips, and Symbio W without the foam in them. So fare I find the Sedna's to be the most comfortable. I originally ordered the Sednas in M and while I could use them I did notice a lot of uncomfort as they were causing too much pressure due to likely being too large. The S I get a good seal and they are comfortable. I do also get a little bit of driver flex on inserting them sometimes. It depends on how I insert them and it isn't all the time. But I did notice when using the M I got driver flex every time when inserting them but that was the only time I would notice it.

Is "driver flex" the popping sound it makes when inserting? I get that too. I'm using Sedna MS size, wondering if I should try S as well. I swear each ear has a diff size too lol

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #9,140 of 12,035
Is "driver flex" the popping sound it makes when inserting? I get that too. I'm using Sedna MS size, wondering if I should try S as well. I swear each ear has a diff size too lol
Yeah the driver flex is that slight popping sound inserting or sometimes adjusting the IEM. I have MS too that I might try. I also do notice that each ear is slightly different sized too.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #9,141 of 12,035
Looking forward to your impressions. What model did you get?

I got a V30 because i wanted the B&O tuning. Figured maybe they knew better than LG and i think the v30 was the last they partnered on.

I have gotten a lot of driver flex with my 2020's since i got them, more than i ever had with the OG's so its something about the design change thats causing it.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #9,142 of 12,035
Hi guys, in your experience what Android DAPs pair well with the Solaris aside from the Cayin N6ii?

Looking for an Android one as a lot of my newer songs are on Spotify now. It's just more convenient that way since I generally don't listen to whole albums.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #9,143 of 12,035
Hi guys, in your experience what Android DAPs pair well with the Solaris aside from the Cayin N6ii?

Looking for an Android one as a lot of my newer songs are on Spotify now. It's just more convenient that way since I generally don't listen to whole albums.
I have been enjoying them with my FiiO M15, I also had a DX220 with Amp8 that sounded very good with them as well. I am going to be auditioning an N6ii with E02 soon so can compare that to the M15, but it looks like you aren't looking for an N6ii. That's all my experience with the Solaris 2020 and DAP's for now.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #9,144 of 12,035
I have been enjoying them with my FiiO M15, I also had a DX220 with Amp8 that sounded very good with them as well. I am going to be auditioning an N6ii with E02 soon so can compare that to the M15, but it looks like you aren't looking for an N6ii. That's all my experience with the Solaris 2020 and DAP's for now.
I have used a DX220 with both the stock amp and amp7 with a Solaris SE and 2020 and have been very pleased with them. I exclusively use streaming services, generally with the content downloaded.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #9,145 of 12,035

If you're willing to consider a smartphone, then the LGv30 sounds very peachy to my ears, with its quad dac. You can pick these up really cheaply these days.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #9,146 of 12,035
If you're willing to consider a smartphone, then the LGv30 sounds very peachy to my ears, with its quad dac. You can pick these up really cheaply these days.
I'm being lazy but is there any differences between the V30, V40 and v50 in sound? I had a quick search but couldn't find anything .... apparently its just 5g capabilities.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #9,147 of 12,035

If you wanna go cheap, instead of getting a whole dap I can recommend the lotoo paw s1 dac/amp, which you can use with your phone (and obviously Spotify) and I think it sounds quite good and it seems to pair well with the Solaris. And it's absolutely dead quiet, no hiss, while the n6ii definitely has some hiss with the Solaris.

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #9,149 of 12,035
I'm being lazy but is there any differences between the V30, V40 and v50 in sound? I had a quick search but couldn't find anything .... apparently its just 5g capabilities.

From AndroidAuthority
I have a v30 getting here on Friday so i will give my impressions of it and the 2020's then. The real differences between the phones are not DAC related but each years new model like cameras and stuff. The v30 is pretty old now but for a dac only i don't really care, it will never be a phone or camera for me.

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #9,150 of 12,035
Another awesome item for Solaris 2020 is..APPLE DONGLE..9 euros..With UAPP ,is plenty of volume and sound..a great surprise for me. No hiss..

Close your eyes..and enjoy :gs1000smile:

I have sold all my daps, and i will keep only dongles, apple,Lotto...i don t need any more

IMG_2188.JPG

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back