Campfire - Solaris
May 13, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #8,117 of 12,035
3D9FE1EB-998D-4D5F-B6A1-485EF3FB7C4F.jpeg

ooh, via Twitter

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #8,118 of 12,035
I'd be highly amused if it's another Andro, I mean, how many times will they milk this cash cow? Not hating, no doubt it's a wise business move given Andro's brand recognition. Andro S, Gold, X, Platinum, Titanium, Unobatinum keep that Andro train rollin' Ken.. :joy:
78DCD691-13BB-4F23-8F2C-CCE8C77F9129.jpeg
The local distributor here in China actually mentioned “titanium alloy shell” in a teaser for the upcoming launch, so I won’t be surprised if it’s really the Andromeda Titanium..

Though I certainly hope it’s something brand new.

May 13, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #8,120 of 12,035
The local distributor here in China actually mentioned “titanium alloy shell” in a teaser for the upcoming launch, so I won’t be surprised if it’s really the Andromeda Titanium..

C3C60518-5FDB-4A68-A4DB-D3E0A7D75425.jpeg

ARA (ara)...?

May 13, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #8,122 of 12,035
3D9FE1EB-998D-4D5F-B6A1-485EF3FB7C4F.jpeg

ooh, via Twitter

Another Solaris SE already? Wonder if it's just cosmetic. More looking forward to the new products.

They really are milking the Andromeda for all it's money huh. I get keeping the name for cosmetic differences, but when the sound signature is different, like the Andromeda AG, S, or (reportedly) the MW10, I feel like they should just give them different names.

May 13, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #8,123 of 12,035
They really are milking the Andromeda for all it's money huh. I get keeping the name for cosmetic differences, but when the sound signature is different, like the Andromeda AG, S, or (reportedly) the MW10, I feel like they should just give them different names.

It is my understanding from the photos and leaks that the ARA (purple package) is the new Andromeda derived model. Andromeda will stay as is (green package in the above photo). Solaris current package is blue, so I assume the remaining one is another "version" of the original Solaris, not another SE, since the other packaging color in the above picture is blue.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #8,124 of 12,035
It is my understanding form the photos and leaks that the ARA (purple package) is the new Andromeda derived model. Andromeda will stay as is (green package in the above photo). Solaris current package is blue, so I assume the remaining one is another "version" of the original Solaris, not another SE, since the other packaging color in the above picture is blue.

Nice observations, you definitely have a keen eye :thumbsup:. I would say the new version of the Solaris would still count as SE if it's limited in numbers, but yes, sound-wise, it's possible that it's closer to the OG than the SE.

May 13, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #8,126 of 12,035
It is my understanding from the photos and leaks that the ARA (purple package) is the new Andromeda derived model. Andromeda will stay as is (green package in the above photo). Solaris current package is blue, so I assume the remaining one is another "version" of the original Solaris, not another SE, since the other packaging color in the above picture is blue.

I have a feeling one of them will be in direct contrast to the Solaris (sound signature wise) only because of the marketing material. As the Solaris is “of the sun” and the marketing depicted an eclipse, this makes me think that this is the case. I’m betting on a successor to the Atlas. The word ‘Ara’ is related to a constellation so I don’t think this is the IEM in question. So if the tease is correct there is another version of the Solaris coming (could be what the eclipse promotional material is alluding to), the Ara and another completely new IEM coming which is in a completely different vein from the Solaris called the ‘eclipse’.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #8,127 of 12,035
There are only 3 colors/teasers: two of them line up with previous releases and there’s a new one for the Ara. We can speculate as much as we want but the answer is right there in my opinion.. one new model plus two refinements of previous models.

May 13, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #8,128 of 12,035
There are only 3 colors/teasers: two of them line up with previous releases and there’s a new one for the Ara. We can speculate as much as we want but the answer is right there in my opinion.. one new model plus two refinements of previous models.

Well we are all speculating until it’s officially announced. How do you explain the ‘eclipse’ advert?

May 13, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #8,130 of 12,035
Eclipse can also be a time of no shine, just before it shines again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back