Campfire - Solaris
Apr 24, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #4,906 of 12,035
See my cables picture above. The ALO Audio/Campfire 4.4mm Super Litz is a straight plug :wink:

(Added a recycled pic for illustration).

Campfire Litz Super Litz 4.4mm

Black magic! Seriously, how?!

EDIT: Never mind, the 4.4 has the straight plug standard...somehow I always missed that.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #4,908 of 12,035
Hey guys
Hearing so many good things about Symbio W Peels I decided to get some. Just one question:
Can you make Symbio Peel by taking out the foam from regular Symbio?
So I can order Symbio and try it with and without the foam.

Apr 25, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #4,909 of 12,035
Hey guys
Hearing so many good things about Symbio W Peels I decided to get some. Just one question:
Can you make Symbio Peel by taking out the foam from regular Symbio?
So I can order Symbio and try it with and without the foam.

Thats how I or another found out. I named em Mandrine ‘Peel’

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #4,914 of 12,035
not trying Janus Basso?

I own the dynamic and thor. Never had opportunity to try basso unfortunately. If I were to buy a cable today for Solaris though I'd buy the leonidas ii based on what I've read.

Dynamic was on my phantom now on legend x. Solaris matches much better with thor not just sound, but also fit as thor is more supple and ergonomic. Janus really is a special cable and sounds great, but it fits better with my empire ears than solaris and vice versa. I really do not like thor ii with either EE. I listen to a wide range but mainly alternative and electronic using my lpgt

Apr 25, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #4,915 of 12,035
I own the dynamic and thor. Never had opportunity to try basso unfortunately. If I were to buy a cable today for Solaris though I'd buy the leonidas ii based on what I've read.

Dynamic was on my phantom now on legend x. Solaris matches much better with thor not just sound, but also fit as thor is more supple and ergonomic. Janus really is a special cable and sounds great, but it fits better with my empire ears than solaris and vice versa. I really do not like thor ii with either EE. I listen to a wide range but mainly alternative and electronic using my lpgt
Yes, Janus is quite unique, for me, Horus also quite good with Solaris...

quite intersing to know from ur point of view, regarding Phantom vs Solaris..

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #4,916 of 12,035

Hello
May be you have opinion about matching EF Cleopatra to Solaris?
Thanx

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #4,917 of 12,035
Yes, Janus is quite unique, for me, Horus also quite good with Solaris...

quite intersing to know from ur point of view, regarding Phantom vs Solaris..
Solaris 100%. Phantom I've had since november. Glad I purchased used because it's a little to thick for me. I've given it a lot of chances but it never really drew me in. I'm going to sell it I've just been too busy to post it. For me personally I prefer the balanced sig that solaris offers and it plays all my genres well. Phantom is not a bad iem at all and at times I felt like I understood it, but in the end the solaris and legend x have what I need.

I will miss the phantom for classical music though. It performs really well with that genre.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #4,919 of 12,035
58460528_2370569133261265_115002117332140032_o.jpg

Found this photo on FB page of Ambient Acoustics from Kyiv. Half-custom shells for Solaris, looks pretty nice IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back