Campfire - Solaris
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #3,586 of 12,035
Anybody using custom tips (e.g. Custom Art) with Solaris? Could you post some pictures? Would be interested how is the overall comfort with them.
I am currently using phenomenal Beyerdynamic Byrd tips (which can be ordered separately btw) but also ordered Custom Art custom.

Yep I posted some picture as well

Here is one

E2F83303-2F31-485E-A71E-6ADEC1490CFA.jpeg

Comfort is very very good, and isolation logically a step up... it’s clearly the way to go, note that they are going to stick out quite the bit so usage on the move those will be even more noticeable than they normally do :wink:

Sound wise, bass will benefit greatly, mids are a tad fuller for me and I found it didn’t affect the treble section which is good :)

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #3,587 of 12,035

Here is one

Comfort is very very good, and isolation logically a step up... it’s clearly the way to go, note that they are going to stick out quite the bit so usage on the move those will be even more noticeable than they normally do :wink:

Sound wise, bass will benefit greatly, mids are a tad fuller for me and I found it didn’t affect the treble section which is good :)
Hmm... where is ur SOLARIS...?

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #3,590 of 12,035
They're coming at home today !!
:wink:
Hehehe.. Figure... not many sell Solaris 2nd hand...

Looking forward for you impression, especially with Andro S..

edit : doing a cable swap and comparing to other IEM that have hybrid style....
20190220_200229.jpg

Still Solaris is a complete package of beast...

Doing Cable swap between SLitz SE, Ref8 SE and Abnormal 2.5 Balanced... Again... still going back to SLitz.. using High Gain, Slow roll off digital filter... SOLARIS never fail to amazed me... Point : SLitz really make the bass tight... and really point out micro detail in Mid...

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #3,594 of 12,035
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #3,596 of 12,035

Here is one

These look great! Curious as to why you went with these rather than say Snugs? Is it a price point thing in this case?

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #3,597 of 12,035
Atlas ! Is what you want there's enough bass to blow your ear drums out!
Well yes, however I found the vega to have a much tighter bass, with more impact! The sad thing is my Andro have been relegated since picking up the Vega. I suppose what I’m trying to understand is whether the Solaris is indeed an Andro+ a more natural and impactful bass. From reading this thread over the months it kind of seems that way but I can’t help get the impression it’s not quite there

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,598 of 12,035
Phantom
EE Phantom?

Honestly though, the bass on the Solaris is satisfying.

The thing about them is.. they're a nuanced and balanced IEM. They work with pretty much every genre, and if they had lots more bass, it would take away from the rest of the sound.

I agree. Even though I prefer more forward mids, there's nothing wrong with the Solaris mids. The bass has plenty of rumble and I think anyone except bigger bassheads will be satisfied.
The Phantom look great but I think I’d miss the DD naturalness, nothwithstanding their tuning. CA seems to me to be on a great trajectory - just not convinced the Solaris is it yet. Although of course, I should probably try to hear them before passing judgement!

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #3,599 of 12,035
Yes. if you talk about low Freq, Vega will be a bit Upper hand than Solaris. But if we talk Hi Freq, spark, SS and holograpic detail, Solaris will be the side I stand.
I am not saying Solaris bass is no good. but Its detail, and Layers... Again, IMO, Basshead is not easy to satisfy....

different Topic, since I alrd have a decent DAP with good (neglectable) black background for Solaris, I want to discuss about SoundStage...
I consider to be new in this Audio hobby.... but I want to get deep with this.
Solaris Soundstage will be on optimal (very wide) on instrument music. but somehow I find the Mid and High Freq that done this wide SS. is it me or this is alrd like this, or supposed to be like this....
my point, I want (wish) to heard Bass / rumble that offcentre...
Anyway this is just a thought of me... just ignore it if you think is not important, but I am willing to get deep for this
Perhaps Basshead is what I gravitate towards, but most of my listening is of classical music. The Andro are incredible but it’s frustrating to miss the bloom a cello makes on the lower strings for example. No easy way it seems

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #3,600 of 12,035
You sold your Solaris too?
Damn you move fast.

This was not planned at all and still a bit traumatic to be honest... but I *had* to sell because of a bad financial surprise and I stretched myself quite a bit lately...
I can’t really sell customs otherwise would have kept Solaris and sold VE8...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back