Campfire - Solaris
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #3,571 of 12,035
Am also interested in your update on the Triton 8 - in particular whether the microphonics as reported in the IEM cable thread bother you. Will you be using the cable while commuting? Thanks in advance =)
Shure, shall let you know.

Regarding the Mids, there is no issue, there is no issue with sub-bass either. I think there is a lack of slam around 200hz-450/500hz though (The Mid-Bass) section. Below 200hz there is plenty in the tank, and even at 50hz below its pretty immense.

Edit: PS; I have just purchased a Campfire Audio Atlas, It should be with me next week, so hopefully can provide more insight on the difference in this region.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #3,572 of 12,035
Yeah I thought as much, thank you. This is kind of what’s put me off going the Solaris route so far. I may be an outlier in that I much prefer a fun signature especially in the bass and mids. What I hoped was that the incredible air of the Andro OG could be held up with that Vega punchiness but it seems nothing like that quite exists or perhaps is even possible, Campfire or otherwise

EE Phantom?

Honestly though, the bass on the Solaris is satisfying.

The thing about them is.. they're a nuanced and balanced IEM. They work with pretty much every genre, and if they had lots more bass, it would take away from the rest of the sound.
Shure, shall let you know.

Regarding the Mids, there is no issue, there is no issue with sub-bass either. I think there is a lack of slam around 200hz-450/500hz though (The Mid-Bass) section. Below 200hz there is plenty in the tank, and even at 50hz below its pretty immense.

Edit: PS; I have just purchased a Campfire Audio Atlas, It should be with me next week, so hopefully can provide more insight on the difference in this region.
I agree. Even though I prefer more forward mids, there's nothing wrong with the Solaris mids. The bass has plenty of rumble and I think anyone except bigger bassheads will be satisfied.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #3,573 of 12,035
Yeah I thought as much, thank you. This is kind of what’s put me off going the Solaris route so far. I may be an outlier in that I much prefer a fun signature especially in the bass and mids. What I hoped was that the incredible air of the Andro OG could be held up with that Vega punchiness but it seems nothing like that quite exists or perhaps is even possible, Campfire or otherwise
Yes. if you talk about low Freq, Vega will be a bit Upper hand than Solaris. But if we talk Hi Freq, spark, SS and holograpic detail, Solaris will be the side I stand.
I am not saying Solaris bass is no good. but Its detail, and Layers... Again, IMO, Basshead is not easy to satisfy....

different Topic, since I alrd have a decent DAP with good (neglectable) black background for Solaris, I want to discuss about SoundStage...
I consider to be new in this Audio hobby.... but I want to get deep with this.
Solaris Soundstage will be on optimal (very wide) on instrument music. but somehow I find the Mid and High Freq that done this wide SS. is it me or this is alrd like this, or supposed to be like this....
my point, I want (wish) to heard Bass / rumble that offcentre...
Anyway this is just a thought of me... just ignore it if you think is not important, but I am willing to get deep for this

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #3,574 of 12,035
My new favorite cable!
The WESTONE ultra thin 3.5mm cable . Had Sony kimber cable and this ultra thin one sounds exactly the same as Sony 200.00+ kimber.
1550628801530-971949847.jpg

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #3,580 of 12,035
Atlas ! Is what you want there's enough bass to blow your ear drums out!

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #3,582 of 12,035
Anybody using custom tips (e.g. Custom Art) with Solaris? Could you post some pictures? Would be interested how is the overall comfort with them.
I am currently using phenomenal Beyerdynamic Byrd tips (which can be ordered separately btw) but also ordered Custom Art custom.

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #3,583 of 12,035
Anybody using custom tips (e.g. Custom Art) with Solaris? Could you post some pictures? Would be interested how is the overall comfort with them.
I am currently using phenomenal Beyerdynamic Byrd tips (which can be ordered separately btw) but also ordered Custom Art custom.

There should be a few pics of my Solaris / Custom Art tips in one of my earlier posts on this thread. Superb pairing.

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #3,585 of 12,035
Custom fit version of Solaris name Solstice
Hopefully it would be up on the market in time for the summer solstice then. :ksc75smile:

On a serious note, has anyone here had a chance to compare Noble Audio Khan with Solaris while at Can Jam?
I read some interesting personal (subjective) reviews on Khan from the other threads and wonder how it compares with Solaris..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back