Campfire - Solaris
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #1,126 of 12,035
I think I may have a misunderstanding of BT but wouldn't there be a loss of music quality??
986kb/sec
Its flac quality. No real difference to be honest.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,127 of 12,035
And now let's get back on topic :)

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,129 of 12,035
As I am listening to Amber Rubarth "Sessions from the 17th Ward" in DSD 128 I mentioned earlier, I am wondering what good binaural albums you have to recommend, it's a downright stunning experience with the 1Z and Solaris... this is just as good as it gets :D

I want more!

Edit : Looks like there is a thread for this here !

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,132 of 12,035
Received my Solaris. Listening now and really enjoying what I’m hearing. I’d be lying if I said that I’ve been spoiled by the fit of CIEMs though.

Aw yiss. Perhaps you can do a quick n' dirty comparison to the LX before my Solaris ships :ksc75smile:

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,133 of 12,035
Received my Solaris. Listening now and really enjoying what I’m hearing. I’d be lying if I said that I’ve been spoiled by the fit of CIEMs though.
Aw yiss. Perhaps you can do a quick n' dirty comparison to the LX before my Solaris ships :ksc75smile:
Also to tia fourte pls

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,134 of 12,035
Short early and amateur non-detailed impressions as to what I hear, please don't cut me, I listed to mostly EDM also:

Treble: nice and sparkly but I didn't think it was as good as the u18t or Fourte treble, which is too much for some people
Mids: by far my favorite part of the IEM, the vocals especially are amazing and I found the mids to be very intimate and in your face sounding without making the soundstage seem small (it isn't small in the slightest btw, one of the largest I've heard)
Bass: for my tastes I find them bass light (these only have around 40 hours on them), and my other IEM is a Legend X so my ears have been spoiled by their rumble, but from what I remember the u18t had better bass to my ears but I haven't heard them since April.

Fit: The shell is pretty big, and the nozzles for me are weird length. I got a good seal with comply tips but I've been far too spoiled by custom IEMs and the foam was irritating my ear canals very quickly, obviously this is all personal though. With that said though, I found these much more comfy than the Andro's especially with the smooth shell.

Based off of memory from previous IEMs I've owned this is how I would rank them:

Treble: Fourte/u18t/Solaris/LX
Mids: u18t/Solaris/LX/Fourte
Bass: LX/Fourte/u18t/Solaris

Comfort of the universals: Fourte/u18t/Solaris/LX

Overall I think these are pretty amazing IEMs and I can see them being a homerun for CFA. At MSRP of $1,500 I feel they're able to compete with the u18t which is double the MSRP and one of my favorite IEMs. I'm looking for an IEM to complement my Legend X and these do that perfectly, I just don't know if I'll be able to cope with the fit of these IEMs in specific. If CFA came out with a custom model like they have done with the Equinox I'd be all over it.

Edit: listened through SP1000 SS

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #1,135 of 12,035
Short early and amateur non-detailed impressions as to what I hear, please don't cut me, I listed to mostly EDM also:

Treble: nice and sparkly but I didn't think it was as good as the u18t or Fourte treble, which is too much for some people
Mids: by far my favorite part of the IEM, the vocals especially are amazing and I found the mids to be very intimate and in your face sounding without making the soundstage seem small (it isn't small in the slightest btw, one of the largest I've heard)
Bass: for my tastes I find them bass light (these only have around 40 hours on them), and my other IEM is a Legend X so my ears have been spoiled by their rumble, but from what I remember the u18t had better bass to my ears but I haven't heard them since April.

Fit: The shell is pretty big, and the nozzles for me are weird length. I got a good seal with comply tips but I've been far too spoiled by custom IEMs and the foam was irritating my ear canals very quickly, obviously this is all personal though. With that said though, I found these much more comfy than the Andro's especially with the smooth shell.

Based off of memory from previous IEMs I've owned this is how I would rank them:

Treble: Fourte/u18t/Solaris/LX
Mids: u18t/Solaris/LX/Fourte
Bass: LX/Fourte/u18t/Solaris

Comfort of the universals: Fourte/u18t/Solaris/LX

Overall I think these are pretty amazing IEMs and I can see them being a homerun for CFA. At MSRP of $1,500 I feel they're able to compete with the u18t which is double the MSRP and one of my favorite IEMs. I'm looking for an IEM to complement my Legend X and these do that perfectly, I just don't know if I'll be able to cope with the fit of these IEMs in specific. If CFA came out with a custom model like they have done with the Equinox I'd be all over it.
I am curious tho, why did you sell U18 and Forte? Was there something in particular you didn't like about them?

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #1,136 of 12,035
Enjoying this pairing a lot, wish I had a balanced MMCX though, haven't quite decided which cable to get.

D4MDSMm.jpg

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,137 of 12,035
I am curious tho, why did you sell U18 and Forte? Was there something in particular you didn't like about them?

I sold the Fourte bc the mids were a mess, got the u18t and loved them. Bought a legend x from BST to try because they were new and loved them, the fit wasn’t good so I went custom and sold the u18t. The LX just play so good with EDM so they’re perfect. Lately though I’ve been wanting a complementing IEM and the u18t and Solaris fit the criteria very well. Solaris fit for me isn’t that great though so I may go with an A18t or wait some time and see if CFA does a custom solaris.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,138 of 12,035
I sold the Fourte bc the mids were a mess, got the u18t and loved them. Bought a legend x from BST to try because they were new and loved them, the fit wasn’t good so I went custom and sold the u18t. The LX just play so good with EDM so they’re perfect. Lately though I’ve been wanting a complementing IEM and the u18t and Solaris fit the criteria very well. Solaris fit for me isn’t that great though so I may go with an A18t or wait some time and see if CFA does a custom solaris.
Pretty much. Fourte mids are garbage for a $3600 IEM. Honestly, I would not accept such mids in a $800 IEM.
I thought that U18 had too much Treble even with Comply Foam. Solaris has the perfect amount for me with Comply. Also, I enjoy Solaris mids more. U18 has thinnish mids like the Andromeda which I am not a fan of. I switched from a custom A12 to Solaris but after a few days, I think Solaris fits great and I no longer miss my 64 Audio customs. Also for more bass, try a deeper insertion with comply.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,139 of 12,035
Pretty much. Fourte mids are garbage for a $3600 IEM. Honestly, I would not accept such mids in a $800 IEM.
I thought that U18 had too much Treble even with Comply Foam. Solaris has the perfect amount for me with Comply. Also, I enjoy Solaris mids more. U18 has thinnish mids like the Andromeda which I am not a fan of. I switched from a custom A12 to Solaris but after a few days, I think Solaris fits great and I no longer miss my 64 Audio customs. Also for more bass, try a deeper insertion with comply.

See I love that Tia driver treble. Haha. If I tried to get any deeper with my Solaris I think I’d actually end up blowing up my ear canals (I have small canals, it was a semi issue when going custom also).

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #1,140 of 12,035

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record :D, but try the included Final Audio tips, you will get a deeper nozzle insertion and less irritation. Also, 64audio foam marshmallows are softer and less irritating without "foam" effect on the sound. Obviously, you can't remove the memory wire since you're not sure if these are keepers, but if you have any other mmcx cable without a memory wire, you can try it to see if the fit will improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back