Campfire - Solaris
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #976 of 12,035
You haven't had the Andromeda, right? I wonder if anyone could provide input on how sensitive the two are relative to each other (in terms of background noise).

Absolutely love my Andromeda, but I didn't know there was a cat living in it.
Nope. Too much Treble + too little sub bass rumble + thin mids

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #977 of 12,035
First of all a big thank you to all the Solaris owners for sharing opinions, you are our ears right now :thumbsup:i was on the market for the Phantom ( i got the EE Bravado but it got a bad roll off in the highs and highend, slight recessed mids and a sonundstage not large enough to my taste. It got a very very good bass). I'm looking for a more airy,large soundstage and a more sparkle highs with a sub bass nuance in bass region. Can you add some further words about phantom vs Solaris? it could be very usefull to my choise. Thanks.

P.s my source is an Acoustic Research ar-m2. it has a 10ohms output, i guss it will f...k up the Solaris sound signature...

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #978 of 12,035
I gotta wait for the next CanJam in LA to demo this. I’m very curious to see how good its coherecy when compared to the Andromeda (IMO the most coherent multi-BA or multi driver IEM I’ve heard)

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #980 of 12,035
After a week or so A/B'ing Solaris vs Flamenco, I think I give the edge to Flamenco as a matter of personal taste but I'm also confident that the Solaris is one of the best IEMs at any price point. Better than U18t and way better than Phantom/LX/Fourte... all of which are more expensive. Quite a bargain this Solaris.

I'm curious as to your opinion on the Solaris being better than the LX- I was considering taking the plunge at some point; however I hesitate since I'm not sure how the LX compares to the Ref.1 Too (I suspect it might be more of a sidegrade). From all accounts, though the Solaris seems to be exceptional. I ordered it last night- guess I'll be finding out soon.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #982 of 12,035
Currently listening to The Persuasions "The Persuasions sing the Beatles" to get a feel of the Solaris male voices and... beautiful!
I'll be looking for high res but now at the office :

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #983 of 12,035
I'm curious as to your opinion on the Solaris being better than the LX- I was considering taking the plunge at some point; however I hesitate since I'm not sure how the LX compares to the Ref.1 Too (I suspect it might be more of a sidegrade). From all accounts, though the Solaris seems to be exceptional. I ordered it last night- guess I'll be finding out soon.

If you're a basshead, the LX is better. If you have tiny ears, LX is better. Otherwise Solaris all the way. I liked the LX but ultimately missed the treble and found it lacking on the LX. Also, the dual DDs with minimal venting and bass heavy signature caused me to have actual headaches.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #984 of 12,035
If you're a basshead, the LX is better. If you have tiny ears, LX is better. Otherwise Solaris all the way. I liked the LX but ultimately missed the treble and found it lacking on the LX. Also, the dual DDs with minimal venting and bass heavy signature caused me to have actual headaches.
That's what Vega did to me, so LX is out of the question for me.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #985 of 12,035
@pfurey89

How's the venting on the Solaris compared to the A18t? Hard to beat the 64 line in that regard

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #986 of 12,035
Found another dude on the comments section on YouTube that was at Shanghai. Says hated the Solaris, treble was too thick, and the in ear prophile 8's made him cry, they were so good. ..

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #987 of 12,035
Screenshot_20181105-084133_YouTube.jpg

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #988 of 12,035
Found another dude on the comments section on YouTube that was at Shanghai. Says hated the Solaris, treble was too thick, and the in ear prophile 8's made him cry, they were so good. ..

Sorry but lol..
Five words impressions probably based on 5 minutes listen are not worth anything in my book but sure, to each his own :)
Isn't that the same guy that has been mentioned a bunch of post back though? It's always the Solaris are thick and the PP8 rules :p

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #989 of 12,035
Sorry but lol..
Five words impressions probably based on 5 minutes listen are not worth anything in my book but sure, to each his own :)
Isn't that the same guy that has been mentioned a bunch of post back though? It's always the Solaris are thick and the PP8 rules :p
Lmao :)
Yeah probably the same guy. He is popping up everywhere.
Seems like he is on a single handed mission to sell a boat load of prophile 8's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back