Campfire - Solaris
Oct 31, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #616 of 12,035
Thanks! I am looking for a dynamic driver or hybrid IEM to round out my collection for different genres. I think "more treble weight" is a better description of what is missing from CL2. Thought about waiting for the Sony Z1R like many others but Solaris sounds like a solid contender.
After having tried out the majority of IEMs available in NA, I think CA Solaris is a different beast. It's somewhat of an all rounder. It doesn't excel in any particular area. What the Solaris does is it's good in all areas, not the best by a long shot but it has no flaws. It's something you want as a daily driver or if you are an one IEM person. IMO, it's not a complementary IEM.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #617 of 12,035
After having tried out the majority of IEMs available in NA, I think CA Solaris is a different beast. It's somewhat of an all rounder. It doesn't excel in any particular area. What the Solaris does is it's good in all areas, not the best by a long shot but it has no flaws. It's something you want as a daily driver or if you are an one IEM person. IMO, it's not a complementary IEM.

Isn't that a bit early to rule that it doesn't excel in any particular area?

I beg to differ, and I expect that when burn in is over the picture might change but I would say it excels both in imaging and layering... and treble is probably among the elite out there... bass isn't too far behind in terms of bass quality (textures, oh my...) and mids probably deserve more time before ruling anything but it's very very good :wink:

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #618 of 12,035

I beg to differ, and I expect that when burn in is over the picture might change but I would say it excels both in imaging and layering... and treble is probably among the elite out there... bass isn't too far behind in terms of bass quality (textures, oh my...) and mids probably deserve more time before ruling anything but it's very very good :wink:
See you just agreed with me. :p :p :p

Sorry my statement was very confusing earlier. What I meant was it doesn't highlight that any particular area. It treats everything equally and has no flaws. However, there are still IEMs that beat it in one particular but no IEM challenges it as a whole.

That has been my impression so far

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #619 of 12,035

So let’s say you can only keep one . The CL2 or the Solaris , which one would it be:wink:

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #621 of 12,035
Listening to Beck’s Sea Change. This album on these IEMs is out of this world truly. It’s like it was made to listen to this album.
I just realized that just about any genre sounds good on these.

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #622 of 12,035
So let’s say you can only keep one . The CL2 or the Solaris , which one would it be:wink:

For all the qualities of the CL2, the Solaris is more along the lines of my prefered signature and also I believe it's more consistent as @seamon points out it's a real strength. The CL2 upper mids is both a strength and a liability.

Listening to Beck’s Sea Change. This album on these IEMs is out of this world truly. It’s like it was made to listen to this album.

Now I need to get a listen :)

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #625 of 12,035
If I ever create a product (outside of audio even) you know the first place I'm coming for 'influencers' or 'Russian troll-farm like hype' is here. :wink:
I am thinking about starting a business of Audiophile cable sleeves. It's real snek oil. Where can I get some quality "influencers"?

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #628 of 12,035
I haven’t bought that game... yet. Just picked up Football Manager 2019 though.
It's Console Exclusive tho. I am a firm believer of PCMR but I might just cave in for this one tho

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #630 of 12,035
I haven’t bought that game... yet. Just picked up Football Manager 2019 though.

It's really an amazing game, on X1X 4K and with the CL2 and BT headband it's really great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back