Campfire - Solaris
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,451 of 12,035
Ordered a bunch of tips from Amazon at the weekend that arrived today. Think I like the Comply foam TSX-400 M the best. Comfortable and secure fit, but obviously everyone's ear shape is different.

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #3,452 of 12,035
Amen, its all about the fit and all about finding the right tips. The best sounding IEM in the world is going to sound like garbage if the seal is not good. Like all IEMs you have to tweak/find the position and angle that works for you. The Solaris requires a little more moving around to find the sweet spot but once you find it its like opening the flood gates to sawesume music. Anyhow nice post and photos! Yours is rotated back, mine is rotated forward.

Ken
Noted Ken... so the message is get your fitting right...

It's actually the SD version. I was just listening to Spotify for a little while and it wasn't too bad. I'll have to try it with some local files. I'll look out got the sub-bass, thanks!

Well if it suits you, it does....
I was always looking half eyes to my Note 8 Enyxos, but since the mentions before, I could say if I need different Bass signature, my Note 8 will do the job....

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #3,453 of 12,035
Noted Ken... so the message is get your fitting right...

Well if it suits you, it does....
I was always looking half eyes to my Note 8 Enyxos, but since the mentions before, I could say if I need different Bass signature, my Note 8 will do the job....
Yeah it's not too bad at all! Not gonna be getting rid of my dap, but I'll be using my s9 to explore new music more often now.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #3,454 of 12,035
I have a nice collection of iem's
And I find myself always going back to my SOLARIS.
It's the complete full image all around me not just in my head like my other iems that are missing that thing. You know it when you hear it. Or don't .
Thanks to all at CAMPFIRE ! Ptld ROCS!
IMG_20190125_093417358.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #3,455 of 12,035
It's the complete full image all around me not just in my head like my other iems that are missing that thing. You know it when you hear it. Or don't .
I see an Oppo HA2/SE there, how does Solaris pair with that?

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #3,457 of 12,035
Beautiful ! Sublime!
Been using Solaris with the Wm1A and that combo is warm and all day cozy.
The Qp1r ha2se combo SLAMS!! The Solaris takes this combo to another level.
It's a shame they don't sell HA2SE anymore. iFi's xDSD and Fiio Q5 look interesting but can't beat the looks and build of Oppo.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #3,458 of 12,035
HH... nice travel case :) The soft foam arrangement is self-made?

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #3,462 of 12,035
Just have a revealing on how good Solaris Soundstage....
Song High & Dry from Radiohead.
point to highlight : Bass, Giutar and Drum is not in the inline, this sound the 3D space holographic Solaris can image....IMO

Another revealing is, my NOTE8 in airplane mode, can generate black background that i exp when using DX201, except the Sounstage, Power and detail.....

so happy....

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #3,465 of 12,035
Question for you guys that owned the Solaris, have any of you flew with this iem yet? how is the sound isolation? any input would be appreciated, Thank you
I just flew to Denver and back this week with the Solaris and the sound isolation was excellent. The only time I could hear outside nose was if the volume was low or I paused the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back