Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 11, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #826 of 1,063
A couple of days of listening, Chord Mojo 2 -> iEMatch set at High -> CA Fathom, has to be one of if not the best IEM vocal presentations I have heard to date. Probably other sources too, but right now that’s my ringer. Detailed, rich, smooth, all at the same time somehow. iEMatch was really quite needed, these were way too sensitive for all my sources except the PAW S1. The output impedance coincidental consequence of iEMatch @ high, I’m better informed a bit now after reading what people were doing with Andromeda, sealed the deal. Fathom is one of the new favorites!

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #827 of 1,063
What a lovely night to enjoy Supermoon. 🌖

IMG_2642.jpeg

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #828 of 1,063
Mar 12, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #831 of 1,063
Received the Cascara yesterday finding comfort a bit of a issue, also I find there might be a little bit to much bass,but can listen for long periods with no fatigue sound wise.
Was wondering if Supermoon or Bonneville are more comfortable or very similar ? unfortunately can't try before I buy. Thinking I might sell my IE600 and get supermoon or return the Cascara

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #832 of 1,063
Received the Cascara yesterday finding comfort a bit of a issue, also I find there might be a little bit to much bass,but can listen for long periods with no fatigue sound wise.
Was wondering if Supermoon or Bonneville are more comfortable or very similar ? unfortunately can't try before I buy. Thinking I might sell my IE600 and get supermoon or return the Cascara
I had both the cascara and supermoon but sold the Cascara when I got the Bonneville, shortly before I bought the Supermoon. Can't compare unfortunately.

I love the supermoon but I'm thinking of selling in order to put money towards the trifecta. Let me know if you're interested I'm still not sure. They are very resolving.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #834 of 1,063
Love how my bass sounds on the Black Star. Cascara was too bassy - made it too muddy - but Black Star nails the low frequency string textures so well. And of course it’s being run out of a Blackstar bass amp.

IMG_3928.jpeg

Bonneville fits me almost like a CIEM whereas Cascara is on the cusp of being almost too big.

It’s been too long since I tried Supermoon; can’t comment on fit.

But Black Star is the one to reach for if you’re after a comparatively more controlled and balanced implementation of the Cascara bass.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #836 of 1,063
I never have the chance to hear the Trifecta, but I doubt if Bonneville is complementary with it, at least they share the CFA house sound in some way. I myself is still in the process of searching my ultimate sound, and I am often confused about what I am looking for since it is changing a lot over the time.

From my short term memory last CanJam SoCal with Trifecta, Bonneville is definitely "faster" and leaner in transients (similar to Andromeda OG) than Trifecta making it a complementary rather than sharing CFA house sound. Bass on Trifecta is also presented in a more bombastic manner than Bonneville (to my ears Bonneville leans to texture emphasis rather than raw big sound/physicality/thickness). Imaging and soundstage is also different where Bonneville is more rectangular in a plane (akin to 2 channel speakers) while Trifecta is a large sphere with more lateral depth emphasis than Bonneville

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #839 of 1,063
I was able to demo the Fathom at the Campfire booth and was blown away. This thing is going to sell like hotcakes! Thanks to Chris and the crew for being super nice and hospitable.

Will need to swing by Bloom Audio to demo in a more quiet environment but definitely on my pick-up list.

Thanks for stopping by and checking stuff out! Really glad you enjoyed Fathom, we're super excited about it :beerchug:

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #840 of 1,063
A couple of days of listening, Chord Mojo 2 -> iEMatch set at High -> CA Fathom, has to be one of if not the best IEM vocal presentations I have heard to date. Probably other sources too, but right now that’s my ringer. Detailed, rich, smooth, all at the same time somehow. iEMatch was really quite needed, these were way too sensitive for all my sources except the PAW S1. The output impedance coincidental consequence of iEMatch @ high, I’m better informed a bit now after reading what people were doing with Andromeda, sealed the deal. Fathom is one of the new favorites!

Glad to hear you're enjoying them! When I was A/B-ing them with Andro, one of the most notable differences to me was the jump up in vocal performance. Andro is no slouch in terms of vocals, so it was a big (and welcome) surprise.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back