Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #466 of 1,595
Guess it depends on each personal listening experience. ... to my ears Ara has way better detail and technicalities. Not much bass but very fast and well controlled.. With open bore tips and a good, tight seal .. they sound quite good to me.

Stellar Horizon are good IEMs anyway but personal preferences matter to each of us.. we all have our own different listening experience, preferences and opinions.
I think it's very library dependent. If you prefer a heftier low end I can see it. But I wouldn't endorse a sweeping statement like that 😅 (assuming my 8 years of Spanish Is holding up)

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #467 of 1,595
I think it's very library dependent. If you prefer a heftier low end I can see it. But I wouldn't endorse a sweeping statement like that 😅 (assuming my 8 years of Spanish Is holding up)
Your 8 years of Spanish are indeed holding up!!!
Indeed you are spot on ... I prefer U, V and W shaped tuning (in order of preference ... very marked U type to be true), hefty low and highs, fast and controlled bass. Technicalities above tuning (tuning can always be fixed with EQ)...

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #468 of 1,595
Hi to all........Very much enjoying the ARA at the moment. However would like to know some thoughts on what extra the solaris steller horizan would bring to the table....need a little time to get the funds together and persuade the mrs its a great idea and Im good to go....!.....Any thoughts and I would be very grateful.....Thanks in advance.........
Bring home flowers, cook her dinner and serve her some nice wine. She will know something is up but wait till the second glass is poured before you spring your plan.
Those are my thoughts.

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #469 of 1,595
Just showing off my recently purchased Solaris Mercury number 32 of 80 in their final set up with Kinera Dromi cable and Penon Liqueur XL tips. I have some of the tips in black but I kinda like the orange against the chrome finish.

The Solaris gave me all sorts of problems with fit but I found the larger size and sticky Liqueur tips worked a treat along with rotating the Solaris further forward when inserting than usual which also really helped.

Running off Astell and Kern PA10 from FiiO M11 Plus today.

IMG_0239.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #470 of 1,595
Just showing off my recently purchased Solaris Mercury number 32 of 80 in their final set up with Kinera Dromi cable and Penon Liqueur XL tips. I have some of the tips in black but I kinda like the orange against the chrome finish.

The Solaris gave me all sorts of problems with fit but I found the larger size and sticky Liqueur tips worked a treat along with rotating the Solaris further forward when inserting than usual which also really helped.

IMG_0239.jpegIMG_0240.jpeg
@Rockwell75 these might be great for your big ears.

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #471 of 1,595
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #472 of 1,595
I've already owned the larger OG & SE variants of the Solaris. I didn't have size issues with either.
I meant these XL tips could help with some other hard to fit iems.

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #473 of 1,595
I've already owned the larger OG & SE variants of the Solaris. I didn't have size issues with either.
They're big boys. I have medium ears. Still wedge it in there 🤣 Surprisingly, the TA Oracle's with their psuedo-CIEM fit were the most painful... truly... painful... on the tragus even if they popped in snugly.

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #474 of 1,595
They're big boys. I have medium ears. Still wedge it in there 🤣 Surprisingly, the TA Oracle's with their psuedo-CIEM fit were the most painful... truly... painful... on the tragus even if they popped in snugly.

I need the big size because for me the Solaris are a shallow fit as the wider part of the body just up from the tip bottom out on me ear canal before they insert any deeper.

That means the nozzle stops in the wider outer part of my ear canal needing the bigger diameter to seal.

On IEM that seat deep I can use a medium tip but not with ones that fit shallow like the Solaris do for me.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #475 of 1,595

IMG_0239.jpegIMG_0240.jpeg

This is one of my favorite iterations of Solaris! These Multiverse runs make for some really fun special editions. Glad you're enjoying them and were able to get the fit to work for you!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #476 of 1,595
I need the big size because for me the Solaris are a shallow fit as the wider part of the body just up from the tip bottom out on me ear canal before they insert any deeper.

That means the nozzle stops in the wider outer part of my ear canal needing the bigger diameter to seal.

On IEM that seat deep I can use a medium tip but not with ones that fit shallow like the Solaris do for me.
That orange looks like it gets it done!
Also I KNOW you were you playing this (run time gave it away) 🤭Screenshot_20240202_091252_TIDAL.jpg

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #478 of 1,595
Hey folks, we have a couple of more sought after models added to the Market site this weekend, with 15% off sitewide. Great chance to nab one of them if you've been looking.

Some of the highlights are:

Andromeda 2019 (2)
Andromeda 2020 (1)
Solaris OG (1)
Solaris 2020 (1)
Solaris SH (3)

Plus low quantities of Ara (including the last A-stock unit!), Saber, and Dorado 2020.

The site will take an additional 15% off of the list price at checkout.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #479 of 1,595
Hey folks, we have a couple of more sought after models added to the Market site this weekend, with 15% off sitewide. Great chance to nab one of them if you've been looking.

Andromeda 2019 (2)
Andromeda 2020 (1)
Solaris OG (1)
Solaris 2020 (1)
Solaris SH (3)

Plus low quantities of Ara (including the last A-stock unit!), Saber, and Dorado 2020.

Great price on the Dorado 2020, in my humble opinion one of the most enjoyable iems on the market full stop :)

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #480 of 1,595

Andromeda 2019 (2)
Andromeda 2020 (1)
Solaris OG (1)
Solaris 2020 (1)
Solaris SH (3)

That OG Solaris is tempting...but I promsised myself I would not buy any more IEMs until CanJam lol

Great price on the Dorado 2020, in my humble opinion one of the most enjoyable iems on the market full stop :)

Indeed the Dorado 2020 is an underrated gem and one of the most uniquely satisfying IEMs out there. I really hope CFA tries something else with ceramic down the road as the acoustic properties are really exceptional.

As for me I'm loving he Bonneville today. Along with the Trifecta my all time favorite Campfire.

55F6912D-CCCF-4542-8037-82F601EBBF03.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back