Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 26, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #5,116 of 5,394
Hey I have the Lyra II my most expensive iem I’ve ever bought and that is the top of my budget for a single item.
I love the sound but the fit isn’t the greatest as I can’t use foams for comfort issues but also I tried the included spin fits (which is weird because the don’t spin but I am kind of a noob so maybe spin fits actually aren’t suppose to spin) as well as the stock silicon and even some final audio tips that they sent me per request which are better not still need to keep pushing about every 5 minutes.
My question is do you think for my scenario it would be worth it to spend about $250 with impressions and all that to get those custom attachments for the bettter fit should I look at selling to get another iem. My Lyra II are only about a month old and have about 30 hours of usage so they’re practically brand new
I would.look into removing the memory wire from the cable. I was hesitant about it for a long time. But... when I did finally remove it, it was the best decision.

One of the first things I noticed was how much I no longer needed to re-seat my Vega. The torsion of the fit of the memory wire outside the ear makes for a constant pull outward on the tips.

Total game changer for fit & comfort..

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #5,117 of 5,394
I would.look into removing the memory wire from the cable. I was hesitant about it for a long time. But... when I did finally remove it, it was the best decision.

One of the first things I noticed was how much I no longer needed to re-seat my Vega. The torsion of the fit of the memory wire outside the ear makes for a constant pull outward on the tips.

Total game changer for fit & comfort..

I'm patiently waiting for the Atlas's silver cable which has no memory wire.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #5,118 of 5,394
Decided to list my Lyra II which are less than 2 months old on here to put towards something else. Maybe the atlas as the cable down fit should suit me better but also thinking about the LCD 2c’s since I always preferred headphones but were interfering with my glasses but recently I am wearing my contacts almost exclusively. Really liked the DD sound signature of the Lyras vs my quad driver iems which aren’t as “fun” as the punch from the Lyras dynamic driver

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #5,119 of 5,394
Well, I sold my AKG N40 to another member a few months back, I wanted to hear them again and he was willing to exchange for my Brainwavz B400. Upon returning back to me he also decided to include a pack of Denon tips he got from some Music Maniac IEMs years ago, for fun I threw the mediums on my Lyra II.

Holy ballz. These are it. The tips I've been looking for. These truly make the L2 shine. The bass is deep and tight, the mids are slightly more forward than other tips and they are comfy with no weird ear pressure changes like I get with Spiral Dots.

20180428_112701.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #5,120 of 5,394
Yeah sometimes its the cable memory wire that weighs on the earphone. Ie i cant use my alo ref 8 with vegas due to the pressure changes from sprial dots; most likely due to weight. However thor ii works prefectly I believe due to the almost non existent memory wire. Still memory wire but lighter and more malleable.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #5,121 of 5,394
C8684F01-6E76-4EE0-AA68-81C17C0F40BC.jpeg I went back from MandarinES Symbio tips to the super plushy foam tips (IMO even plushier than Comply) from 64-Audio as I find the Vega sounded more balanced that way.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #5,122 of 5,394
Well, I sold my AKG N40 to another member a few months back, I wanted to hear them again and he was willing to exchange for my Brainwavz B400. Upon returning back to me he also decided to include a pack of Denon tips he got from some Music Maniac IEMs years ago, for fun I threw the mediums on my Lyra II.

Holy ballz. These are it. The tips I've been looking for. These truly make the L2 shine. The bass is deep and tight, the mids are slightly more forward than other tips and they are comfy with no weird ear pressure changes like I get with Spiral Dots.

Any idea if you can buy those Denon tips?

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #5,123 of 5,394
Any idea if you can buy those Denon tips?
Unfortunately not. I can't find them anywhere online. I asked them on Twitter earlier today, idk if they will respond. FWIW.

What size tip do you usually use?

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #5,124 of 5,394
Unfortunately not. I can't find them anywhere online. I asked them on Twitter earlier today, idk if they will respond. FWIW.

What size tip do you usually use?
Depends

ML or Large on spiral dots
L spinfits
L comply

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #5,125 of 5,394
Depends

ML or Large on spiral dots
L spinfits
L comply
PM me your address. I'll mail out the Large Denon tips. I don't need them.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #5,126 of 5,394
Had the same problem with my Lyra II - Spiral Dots worked for me.
With universal IEMs, like the Lyra II, fit is all about the tips you use. There are several posts in this thread about tips, including a recent one by me about foam, Spin Fits, Spiral Dots, and others. You just have to keep trying.

May 2, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #5,128 of 5,394
Just picked up a pair of Vegas. Excited to join the club. Upgrading from Novas. From what I’ve read, they’re just what I’m looking for.

Anyone else make this upgrade?
Congrats Vegas came down like $150 now that they dropped the Atlas(and comet).
I’m curious if they’re going fill in their new line with the new chrome hair dryer style in the $500-$800 range because it’s crazy $199 to $1300 between the two

May 3, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #5,129 of 5,394
Congrats Vegas came down like $150 now that they dropped the Atlas(and comet).
I’m curious if they’re going fill in their new line with the new chrome hair dryer style in the $500-$800 range because it’s crazy $199 to $1300 between the two
Yeah it's really odd that they have such a huge price disparity between the two. Definitely should have a mid range model next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back