Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #5,086 of 5,394
A simple thing would be to go to main well known audio sites (ALO Audio, iBasso, CA) and established reputable cable makers such as Double Helix Cables who have much more knowledge than myself (and have posted their thoughts on adapters before)and see what adapters they offer. Theres your answer.

Perhaps even message them and post the reply back here.

Of course one can find anything on ebay etc...

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #5,087 of 5,394
Yeah like everyone has said you cannot go from 3.5 -> 2.5/4.4 balanced. What I do is buy 2.5 balanced cables then use adapters if I need a 3.5mm connection. Ibasso makes a great 2.5->3.5 adapter

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #5,088 of 5,394
Yeah like everyone has said you cannot go from 3.5 -> 2.5/4.4 balanced. What I do is buy 2.5 balanced cables then use adapters if I need a 3.5mm connection. Ibasso makes a great 2.5->3.5 adapter

Agreed. You can use an adapter that plugs single-ended head phones into a balanced output because within the adapter the two negative parts of the signals will be summed (connected together). you cannot use an adapter that plugs balanced headphones into a single ended output because there's no way to properly divide the single-ended output with passive components.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #5,089 of 5,394
Agreed. You can use an adapter that plugs single-ended head phones into a balanced output because within the adapter the two negative parts of the signals will be summed (connected together). you cannot use an adapter that plugs balanced headphones into a single ended output because there's no way to properly divide the single-ended output with passive components.
You say agree but state the opposite lol

As far as Ive ever read you can add an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm but not the opposite bc 3.5mm is not separated wires by design so you aren't getting true balanced. The damaging thing is a possibility but I've never read of it happening to anybody

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #5,091 of 5,394
Just a question: is there Nickel in Atlas’ own steel composition?

Most likely. My guess is 8% nickel. Type 304 / 18-8 stainless steel is pretty common.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,093 of 5,394
Thanks mate. Most likely I'll have to pass on it then and unwillingly so.
My body does NOT stand Nickel. I'm sad

Before you pass, contact Campfire. I'm sure they'd tell what alloy they are using. You can look up the composition of alloys on the internet to find out if there is nickel.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #5,095 of 5,394
Because of the recommendation here, I decided to order the TENNMAK Hurricane silicone tips. They arrived yesterday, and I was excited to try. The Mediums were too small and the Larges, though quite soft and pliable, are too bit. What I noticed with both, however, is a reduction in the boominess of Vega's bass. It was less visceral.

I'm not going to use these. So, if someone wants them, send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll happily send them your way.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #5,096 of 5,394
I will take them if not spoken for yet. Just pm me. Thks.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #5,097 of 5,394
Guys I just bought lyra ii with foam tips and I dont like the sound and the fit at all i am also using shure se846 with spinfit tips and whenever i switch back to the 846s i love the sound and with lyra I get peaky treble and less bass I think it’s mostly due to the fit of the earphones so i want to try the spinfit tips....could someone here please tell me the model/size like 3.8mm or which one to get for lyra ii? Thanks

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #5,099 of 5,394
Guys I just bought lyra ii with foam tips and I dont like the sound and the fit at all i am also using shure se846 with spinfit tips and whenever i switch back to the 846s i love the sound and with lyra I get peaky treble and less bass I think it’s mostly due to the fit of the earphones so i want to try the spinfit tips....could someone here please tell me the model/size like 3.8mm or which one to get for lyra ii? Thanks
Spinfit cp100 work well with lyra II
Spiral dot also works well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back