Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #3,856 of 5,394
^ IMO

Vega with the right tips and right source can hold against multi-BA CIEMs, but you have to have the right combo. Wish Vega wasn't too picky with source and ear tips.

It's not a matter of Dynamic vs Balanced Armature.

Two IEMs with the same number of BAs can possess vastly different soundstage dimensions. It's really all in the tuning.

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #3,857 of 5,394
I've asked them through email and they said they carry it in-store but never replied to me on whether they could ship it through mail. At this point I'm thinking of paying the premium and buying directly from CA. They have been very responsive and customer friendly so far, so I'd rather deal with them even if it's for an additional cost.

They will ship. I ordered Lyra IIs to Toronto through Headphone Bar. But holy crap are they terrible at communication. I couldn't get them to respond to simple queries if my life had depended on it. I had even asked them about adding a $150 cable to the order and they couldn't bother to reply. So I went elsewhere. If I could have, I would have canceled my order for the Lyra IIs. But by the time they had replied to an email, the Lyras had already been shipped.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3,862 of 5,394
Worth every single penny!
I agree 100%. I love my Lyra II. I missed out when they we're on Massdrop and got them from another member off the FS forum.
I think they sound fantastic. There is definitely a little more emphasis on the lower and mid frequencies. The upper frequencies have great detail and clarity. There is absolutely no harshness or brightness.
The vocals are outstanding, whether male or female.

The build quality is outstanding like the other campfire audio products. You get a very nice cable, although I don't like the guide wire and removed it

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #3,863 of 5,394
I agree with everything NealH said. If I could only keep one earphone or headphone it would be the Lyra II (and I own LCD-XCs and Xelentos for example). The Lyra II is the most versatile phone in my lineup. Sounds good enough to be an endgame IEM. Can be driven easily by portables. Is rugged (very well built), very comfortable, stays in place so that I can also use at the gym or out and about etc and not feel like I am risking damage to the product.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #3,865 of 5,394
I'm pretty new to this whole iem game. I've been trying to decide between the Vegas and Andromeda, but holding off until I could hopefully hear them side by side.

I saw today the Massdrop for the Lyra II and I'm getting really tempted. I listen to a lot of classic and indie rock, but at least half my listening is jazz. How do you guys think the Lyra II will do with jazz? I'm sure it will be pretty good with the rock.

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #3,866 of 5,394
I'm pretty new to this whole iem game. I've been trying to decide between the Vegas and Andromeda, but holding off until I could hopefully hear them side by side.

I saw today the Massdrop for the Lyra II and I'm getting really tempted. I listen to a lot of classic and indie rock, but at least half my listening is jazz. How do you guys think the Lyra II will do with jazz? I'm sure it will be pretty good with the rock.

Check out Alo Audio Deals. They have the Jupiter as B-stock right now. $550.

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,867 of 5,394
I agree with everything NealH said. If I could only keep one earphone or headphone it would be the Lyra II (and I own LCD-XCs and Xelentos for example). The Lyra II is the most versatile phone in my lineup. Sounds good enough to be an endgame IEM. Can be driven easily by portables. Is rugged (very well built), very comfortable, stays in place so that I can also use at the gym or out and about etc and not feel like I am risking damage to the product.

If I hadn't just bought Jupiters I'd grab those Lyra IIs, but at this point I think I'll be saving for the Andromeda as an "upgrade" in the not distant future.

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #3,868 of 5,394

Vega and Andromeda are two very different IEMs. For your taste in music, the Andromeda would be the better choice.

Lyra II do well with any genre out there, including classic rock and Jazz.

Here a little summary for you:

-Andromeda: Spacious, airy, detailed, still very pleasant and musical.

-Vega: Hefty, exciting, energetic, sounds like a concert sound system.

-Lyra: Full sounding but relaxed, slightly on the warmer side, rather for enjoying than critical listening

I'm pretty mad at myself for not trying out the Jupiter when I had the chance to. Sounds interesting, too.

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,869 of 5,394
Vega and Andromeda are two very different IEMs. For your taste in music, the Andromeda would be the better choice.

Lyra II do well with any genre out there, including classic rock and Jazz.

Here a little summary for you:

-Andromeda: Spacious, airy, detailed, still very pleasant and musical.

-Vega: Hefty, exciting, energetic, sounds like a concert sound system.

-Lyra: Full sounding but relaxed, slightly on the warmer side, rather for enjoying than critical listening

I'm pretty mad at myself for not trying out the Jupiter when I had the chance to. Sounds interesting, too.

The Jupiter is great. From what I've read it sits somewhere between the Andromeda and the Lyra in profile. Mine are excellent sounding. People who have heard both say that the Andromeda is the Jupiter with a slightly flatter response, better detail and a larger soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back