Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 9, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,872 of 5,394
Are they actually affiliated with ALO? Seems like a good deal.

Yep. That's Campfire/ALO's warehouse site.

I think it's a great deal. Mine came with everything but the balanced cable. My B-stock Jupiters have a VERY minor cosmetic mismatch between the two halves of the casing. But you have to look really close to see it at all. Otherwise they're perfect and carry a 90 day warranty just in case.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #3,873 of 5,394
Everything I've read seems to confirm that I'd prefer the Andromeda. Think I'll probably go that route. Thank you for the breakdown of the lineup.

Can't go wrong with Andromeda for sure, but to me I'm bored with neutral sound already so that's why I opted for the Vega. That low end and sweet and meaty mids and smooth highs are just bliss!

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #3,874 of 5,394
I put an order in for the Vega as well... Super excited. Demoed them at Canjam and I was not expecting what I heard.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #3,875 of 5,394
I put an order in for the Vega as well... Super excited. Demoed them at Canjam and I was not expecting what I heard.

About time you finally were able to get a pair! In part I blame/thank you as your impressions after listening to them definitely played some part in my purchasing decision. And I can say with only a very slight amount of hesitation that they are my end game. At least in the sense that I have not had any desire to buy new iems since I got them.

On another note, I got in some spinfit double flange tips today that I am currently giving a try to see how I feel about them. They look a bit ridiculous and I am not sure whether I will be able to get to used to how deep they have to be inserted. But it did make me realize that the rha dual density tips I was using were actually giving me a bit less than an ideal seal because when I managed to get a good seal with these new spinfits it really reminded just how much impact that bass can have. Something I was slightly missing with the last tips. Jury is still out how I feel about these, but glad to have yet more options to play with.

Jun 10, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #3,876 of 5,394
It was only a matter of time lol.

Jun 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #3,877 of 5,394

I guess that you found your detailed and soothing IEM Bob! Congrats.

I got lucky and won an auction on eBay for a pair that arrived today and WOW, I love these things. I've been heavy into the multi-BA IEMs lately (S-EM9, Solar, Heir 8, Noble K10 to name a few) and I just love the sound coming out of a well-tuned dynamic driver. The bass on this thing is so addictive and it still presents quite a lot of detail up top. I've got it paired with a Beat Audio "Thor" cable right now because it's what I had, but a very exciting (and brand new) cable is on its way to me in the next few days that I think will pair perfectly with this IEM. I'll post some photos when I get it.

Also, the comfort on these is outstanding for my ears. Well done Campfire! These are definitely keepers. Makes me not miss my DITA Answer one bit.

-Collin-

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #3,879 of 5,394
How do the sound signatures compare? The Dream has my interest piqued but there aren't any comparisons to Vega yet.

I wanted to buy The Dream as well, but I quickly realized the chances of finding it used or discounted are zero and I paid exactly half that price for my Vega. So, I think I'm pretty happy.

As for the sound signatures, my Dita Answer is gone, but by memory it was way harsher in the treble and lacked the bass punch that the Vega has. A very dry, analytical sound signature in comparison. I know some folks love that and prefer more neutral, but the Vega is pure musical enjoyment to me in comparison. I think I paid $240 for the Dita Answer here on the forums, used, but it had cable issues. I much prefer the sound of the Vega.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #3,880 of 5,394
I guess that you found your detailed and soothing IEM Bob! Congrats.

I got lucky and won an auction on eBay for a pair that arrived today and WOW, I love these things. I've been heavy into the multi-BA IEMs lately (S-EM9, Solar, Heir 8, Noble K10 to name a few) and I just love the sound coming out of a well-tuned dynamic driver. The bass on this thing is so addictive and it still presents quite a lot of detail up top. I've got it paired with a Beat Audio "Thor" cable right now because it's what I had, but a very exciting (and brand new) cable is on its way to me in the next few days that I think will pair perfectly with this IEM. I'll post some photos when I get it.

Also, the comfort on these is outstanding for my ears. Well done Campfire! These are definitely keepers. Makes me not miss my DITA Answer one bit.

-Collin-
Looking forward to your impression with the Beat cable :) I'm curious as well, since I almost bought one cable for my hybrid driver Oriolus 2.
For sheer power, the dynamic driver of the Vega is currently right up there in the IEM realm IMO. Even better than a few Sony XBA IEMs I've tried.

Congrats on winning the bid :D Btw, how much did you get for the Vega?

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #3,881 of 5,394
Looking forward to your impression with the Beat cable :) I'm curious as well, since I almost bought one cable for my hybrid driver Oriolus 2.
For sheer power, the dynamic driver of the Vega is currently right up there in the IEM realm IMO. Even better than a few Sony XBA IEMs I've tried.

Congrats on winning the bid :D Btw, how much did you get for the Vega?

The Beat cable looks like crap, so I'm not sure how much it affects the sound quality, but all the impressions I listed were with that cable. It's badly oxidized, but who knows if that means anything. I'll also report back when I get my new cable from a custom builder. I think the pairing will be perfect. It's an 8-braid pure copper and pure silver hybrid (four wires of each) and I am hoping for good things :)

Won it for $970, with two hours of use on them.

-Collin-

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #3,882 of 5,394
Jun 10, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3,884 of 5,394

As usual, I really enjoyed your review. Makes me wonder how the bass in the Dorado stacks up to the bass in the Vega. I read flinkenick's review of the two and the consensus seemed to be that the Dorado was smoother, while the Vega had a bit more transparency. Would you agree with that assessment? Either way, Campfire seems to be cranking out some amazing stuff these days! It also sounds like, based on the sound signature you described, that the Ref. 8 cable would be right at home on the Dorado.

Cheers Sir!

-Collin-

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #3,885 of 5,394
As usual, I really enjoyed your review. Makes me wonder how the bass in the Dorado stacks up to the bass in the Vega. I read flinkenick's review of the two and the consensus seemed to be that the Dorado was smoother, while the Vega had a bit more transparency. Would you agree with that assessment? Either way, Campfire seems to be cranking out some amazing stuff these days! It also sounds like, based on the sound signature you described, that the Ref. 8 cable would be right at home on the Dorado.

Cheers Sir!

-Collin-

I don't know. I haven't heard Vega. I'd love to, though. If it has the bass of Dorado, but clearer and more detailed, that would be my ideal earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back