Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 15, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,901 of 5,394
My new cable arrived for my Vega last night and I've been giving it a good run-in; initial impressions are outstanding. I went with an 8-braid of pure copper and pure silver (4 wires each) and it is not only beautiful, but sounds awesome. There is a noticeable improvement over my pure copper Beat Audio in the low end as well as high end. Bass quantity is about the same (maybe slightly more earth-shattering), but it's much more controlled and I can hear individual bass notes much more clearly than before. The highs are more noticeable in clarity and while the cable is a bit brighter, this is a welcome improvement in the Vega. Seriously I could not be happier with these IEMs paired with this nice cable. If anyone is interested, this cable is the "Triton8" by @alpha421 (

-Collin-
So Collin dare I ask is the Vega your endgame?

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #3,904 of 5,394
I'm very disappointed about the case that came with the Vega. Campfire Audio is now cutting corners but charging customers more. The andromeda came with a beautiful dark leather case and the Jupiter came with an ever better raw leather case. Yet the vega just comes in a synthetic leather case...

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #3,905 of 5,394
I'm very disappointed about the case that came with the Vega. Campfire Audio is now cutting corners but charging customers more. The andromeda came with a beautiful dark leather case and the Jupiter came with an ever better raw leather case. Yet the vega just comes in a synthetic leather case...
Cutting corners on the cost of the case's material so they could reallocate it towards the cost of the materials within the Vega is fine with me.

You can always buy the raw leather case separately from their site.

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #3,906 of 5,394
I just got the Vega!!!! Love the sound. As a maturity to it with a nice bass.

I definitely prefer this bass over the Dorado's. They are quite different.

I am content with the case.

I love how the sound cohesively blends the frequencies into a warm yet light, emotive yet subtle, nuanced timbre that doesn't leave me wanting to EQ it. The effortlessness of the detail offers a relaxation to the life the Vega wields in a versatile naturalness that meets the demands of the song's recording, never seeming to overdo it, but never lacking, especially the bass lol.

Beautiful looking, feels very very well built, and truly a beautiful experience. A work of art!

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #3,908 of 5,394
20170615_121736_Film1.jpg
Hi guys
Vega,X8 GPS 2.5,DX200,
symbio tips

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3,910 of 5,394
Cable looks baller

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,911 of 5,394
OMG, this Vega is amazing!

It does need some power to drive it. I have the Alo Audio Rx Amp and it does the job very well. Makes me want the Cv5, especially with the Dynamic D.

Uber comfortable shape.

The feel of the music is beautiful (texture+timbre).

I do have to say that EQing the Vega, as with other CA IEM's I've tried, is not the best idea IMO. I am typically one who EQ's, and I do like to EQ my LZ A4 and basically any other IEM I have (budget and entry level), but when it comes to the CA IEM's, their Sound Signatures are so intricately crafted that altering the sound signature deflates the synergy of the IEM IMO. I honestly haven't experienced this until I tried CA IEM's.

They are like constellations that require each star to create the shape, and when one star is off, the whole shape changes.

It's quite something to hear the synergy of these IEM's, especially the Vega now of course, that results from the intricate tuning.

Very much looking forward to what Ken Ball has to offer in the future, cuz he seems to really tap into special synergies with the various CA IEM's.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #3,912 of 5,394
I just got the Vega!!!! Love the sound. As a maturity to it with a nice bass.

I definitely prefer this bass over the Dorado's. They are quite different.

I am content with the case.

I love how the sound cohesively blends the frequencies into a warm yet light, emotive yet subtle, nuanced timbre that doesn't leave me wanting to EQ it. The effortlessness of the detail offers a relaxation to the life the Vega wields in a versatile naturalness that meets the demands of the song's recording, never seeming to overdo it, but never lacking, especially the bass lol.

Beautiful looking, feels very very well built, and truly a beautiful experience. A work of art!

Can you talk a little about how it is different to Dorado? I'm very interested. :D

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #3,914 of 5,394
Maaaan!! I just couldn't resist and bought the dorado after buying the vega a couple of days back. I really liked it's signature as well. My wallet is empty and I hate myself for doing that... But that's not even the saddest part. Now I want to buy the lyra ii as well for long/relaxing chillstep sessions :frowning2:

Anybody care to share differences between the lyra ii and sennheiser ie80? I demo'ed the lyra iis but it was really short at the time so can't remember the diff.

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #3,915 of 5,394
Maaaan!! I just couldn't resist and bought the dorado after buying the vega a couple of days back. I really liked it's signature as well. My wallet is empty and I hate myself for doing that... But that's not even the saddest part. Now I want to buy the lyra ii as well for long/relaxing chillstep sessions :frowning2:

Anybody care to share differences between the lyra ii and sennheiser ie80? I demo'ed the lyra iis but it was really short at the time so can't remember the diff.

Don't worry. Dorado will easily fill that need. It is utterly smooth and relaxing. Not a fatiguing element to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back