Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jun 5, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #3,842 of 5,394
Indeed. The jump will be large and unmistakable.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #3,843 of 5,394
So after 256 pages of reading head-fi I figured I better make an account so I can actually ask a question. Do you guys think that I would hear a very clear audible difference between vegas and my Shure 215ltds. Made a bit of a post in the help section but I figured I should ask here cuz it is the CA vega thread

Most definitely. I don't have the Vegas but I came from a pair of Shure se535 to Lyra II and the difference is quite noticeable. So in your case, I am confident it will be an even bigger jump! The only thing you might not like as much in comparison is the fit/seal. I own several Shure IEMs and they have some of the best sound isolation I've tried to date.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #3,844 of 5,394
Headphonebar in Vancouver sells them, and ships to Canada only.

I've asked them through email and they said they carry it in-store but never replied to me on whether they could ship it through mail. At this point I'm thinking of paying the premium and buying directly from CA. They have been very responsive and customer friendly so far, so I'd rather deal with them even if it's for an additional cost.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #3,850 of 5,394
I don't have AK240 but I have AK240SS and Vega pair well with it. I prefer the pairing over Vega with Hugo concerning more transparency and better airy soundstage.

20170606_142453.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #3,851 of 5,394
I want help ...

I'm serious about buying a Vega.
I'm mainly listening to classical, jazz and ambient music.
My earphones: JH Audio Angie, Layla and Audene Isine20.

Layla is my earliest sound signature, and the isine20 is instrumental and vocal unbeatable, but it's open, so I use it exclusively at home.
I'm looking for a similarly large soundstage IEM because Layla is much narrower in this area.

Does Vega meet these needs?
Do not I feel excessive bass overweight?

I'm looking for a dynamic driver, I have experienced the limits of the armature's sound signature.

Thanks for help!

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #3,852 of 5,394
I want help ...

I'm serious about buying a Vega.
I'm mainly listening to classical, jazz and ambient music.
My earphones: JH Audio Angie, Layla and Audene Isine20.

Layla is my earliest sound signature, and the isine20 is instrumental and vocal unbeatable, but it's open, so I use it exclusively at home.
I'm looking for a similarly large soundstage IEM because Layla is much narrower in this area.

Does Vega meet these needs?
Do not I feel excessive bass overweight?

I'm looking for a dynamic driver, I have experienced the limits of the armature's sound signature.

Thanks for help!

Layla is known for having one of the largest soundstages around. You can't expect true full-size headphone sound from an IEM.

Maybe the Tia Fourté will come close, but I think your expectations are a bit skewed on this. There are limits to what an IEM can do.

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3,854 of 5,394
I'm going to purchase the Vega soon in the next few days after a return of an IEM goes through... Vega is worth a trial since, IMO it does something very unique... But I'm sure you read what it is like and have done your research to see if it suits your preferences...

One thing I have read and experienced from my own demoing of the Vega is that it does have a soundstage on the more intimate side.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #3,855 of 5,394
^ IMO

Vega with the right tips and right source can hold against multi-BA CIEMs, but you have to have the right combo. Wish Vega wasn't too picky with source and ear tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back