Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
May 26, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #3,811 of 5,394
In my experience the treble is actually quite commanding when the song requires it. It's not necessarily rolled off tbh, nor is it veiled. For me, it's just the right balance between too much and not enough. I'm notorious for being very sensitive to treble spikes specifically, and this one does treble right so far.

It helps that the mids are smooth as heck and the bass has that juicy dynamic driver kick to it too.

May 26, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,812 of 5,394
In my experience the treble is actually quite commanding when the song requires it. It's not necessarily rolled off tbh, nor is it veiled. For me, it's just the right balance between too much and not enough. I'm notorious for being very sensitive to treble spikes specifically, and this one does treble right so far.

It helps that the mids are smooth as heck and the bass has that juicy dynamic driver kick to it too.
If we are talking about Lyra II I agree. I have not heard campfire audios all balanced Armature best IEM-like Andromeda, Jupiter, nova and I would guess they have a little bit more higher-end detail

For my ears, Lyra II has excellent low end extension with nice punch and thump. Vocals are nicely forward and just a touch toward the front of my head. Vocals have fantastic clarity, airiness and detail. The mid range frequencies are well-placed and not recessed.
The higher frequencies are smooth, clear with no harshness or brightness.

I find Lyra II represents and is very true to the Quality of the recording/track. I don't feel like it colors the sound.

I am extremely impressed with how good it is. I am surprised there's not more feedback regarding Lyra II. I suspect the lack of comments and posts are a testament to how good Andromeda and Vega are.

May 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,814 of 5,394
If we are talking about Lyra II I agree. I have not heard campfire audios all balanced Armature best IEM-like Andromeda, Jupiter, nova and I would guess they have a little bit more higher-end detail

For my ears, Lyra II has excellent low end extension with nice punch and thump. Vocals are nicely forward and just a touch toward the front of my head. Vocals have fantastic clarity, airiness and detail. The mid range frequencies are well-placed and not recessed.

I find Lyra II represents and is very true to the Quality of the recording/track. I don't feel like it colors the sound.

I am extremely impressed with how good it is. I am surprised there's not more feedback regarding Lyra II. I suspect the lack of comments and posts are a testament to how good Andromeda and Vega are.
The Lyra II is one of the best universal IEMS regardless of price. I love mine and repurchased them after selling them on this site. They have great dynamic driver bass and are relaxed sounding enough that you can listen to them for hours at a time; but they are also exciting and dynamic enough sounding to keep you engaged in what you are listening to.

May 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #3,815 of 5,394
The Lyra II is one of the best universal IEMS regardless of price. I love mine and repurchased them after selling them on this site. They have great dynamic driver bass and are relaxed sounding enough that you can listen to them for hours at a time; but they are also exciting and dynamic enough sounding to keep you engaged in what you are listening to.
I agree 100%

May 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #3,816 of 5,394

I agree 100%

I'm not gonna lie I went straight for them after trying out a few at my local Jaben. After that it was a question of whether I should buy it now or later as I've already decided on getting them.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #3,817 of 5,394
May 29, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #3,818 of 5,394

Great review. I really love the Jupiters. LOVE them. I have some Custom Art fitted tips on them and they're now close to perfect for me. Aside from the sound, my favourite thing about them is the bronze anodized aluminum industrial build. This is what a pair of IEMs made by Ray Laconico would look like. Well, he'd use heat treated titanium anodizing, but this gets pretty close.

May 29, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #3,820 of 5,394
I'm curious do the Lyra II owners use high or low gain with it on their amp/dac?

I have the Vega, but Lyra II should have almost the same efficiency as the Vega and no you don't need high gain with both IEM as the noise level will increase. Even my iPod Nano 3rd Gen is more than capable enough to make the Vega extremely loud.

May 30, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,821 of 5,394
I have the Vega, but Lyra II should have almost the same efficiency as the Vega and no you don't need high gain with both IEM as the noise level will increase. Even my iPod Nano 3rd Gen is more than capable enough to make the Vega extremely loud.
Is there a reason not to use high gain?

May 30, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,824 of 5,394
Background noise and distortion
I understand a background noise or hiss which could be audible. But is distortion a given? I have FiiO Q1 and the low gain actually attenuates the sound(-3.5db) and the high gain increases the db(+8db). I don't sense a lot of distortion but a low volumes the high gain adds clarity. Maybe I don't understand what I am hearing

May 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,825 of 5,394
@nealh of course it also depends in the amp/dap and the volume. If you'd be using a relatively weak amp setup with high-impedance headphones, high gain and high volume, you would have a lot of audible distortion going on. But of course with IEMs, high gain setting and low volume should be distortion-free. Some amps perform even better at higher gain settings (in your case eventually?). But of course, hiss/background noise can be the tradeoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back