Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 18, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #3,616 of 5,394
I really really hope the over ear they release has the Vega sound signature.

Me too. I enjoy my Vega's every time I listen to them. They always have me toe tapping and head banging without even thinking of it. And when I do realize it, I stop myself and tell myself I probably look like an idiot if anyone was watching me.

Good thing it's usually while alone in my office at work 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #3,617 of 5,394
What's actually really funny is that I really thought about selling my QP1R and Vega to fund a new camera gear for my solo business (Photography) and plan ticket to see someone special in Colombia just so I could have the money. As soon as I put those IEMs in and playing out of the QP1R, that became an instant no. I'm serious, these things are addictive and really hard to part with. Like drug addictive.
Looks like I'm gonna be working way harder until next year when I can get time to go on that trip, since I have planned to buy my lens this year. Back to square one, yet again.

I love my Vega as you can see.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #3,620 of 5,394

Well I just bought B-grade Jupiters and could not tell you what the flaw is. According to ALO, the only thing 'B' grade about these pieces is cosmetic. Sonically, they are identical to regular stock.

Thanks.
I am actualy lookin at the Nova at the moment.
Tempted at that price as I cant find any second hand ones.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #3,621 of 5,394
How safe is it to get b grade Vega? Only 90 day warranty worries me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I asked about the stock on Vega and Lyra 2 and JC a campfire audio told me they rarely have those because the manufacturing process is different and there are less cosmetic issues. Nothing is different regarding the sound quality.
I presume they assume at this price point they do not want any blemishes to affect the buyers experience

I would've jumped on a B stock ve and JC a campfire audio told me they rarely have those because the manufacturing process is different in their last cosmetic issues.
I would've jumped on a B stock Vega

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #3,622 of 5,394
I asked about the stock on Vega and Lyra 2 and JC a campfire audio told me they rarely have those because the manufacturing process is different and there are less cosmetic issues. Nothing is different regarding the sound quality.
I presume they assume at this price point they do not want any blemishes to affect the buyers experience

I would've jumped on a B stock ve and JC a campfire audio told me they rarely have those because the manufacturing process is different in their last cosmetic issues.
I would've jumped on a B stock Vega

Yeah Im only looking at Nova now. Cant stretch anymore. :frowning2:

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #3,624 of 5,394
My humble 5 cents about Vega: http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-vega/reviews/18455

Nice!

I'll be doing reviews of Dorado and Jupiter. Too much talk of the flagships. We need more on these other gems. :p

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,626 of 5,394
My humble 5 cents about Vega: http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-vega/reviews/18455

Read it after seeing it on the main page.

Very much agree with what you said about the ability of the Vega to separate vocals from the rest of the sound. I absolutely love how vocals are presented. And then there's dat bass :)

The signature of the Vega sounds good with many genres of music I feel like.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #3,628 of 5,394
How did Vega sound with Opus #2. I have Vega on order and have Opus #2. I'm deciding if I want to order dx200 next...

I'm using the Vega with the Ref8 balanced cable on the Opus#2 and I find myself being drawn into the music.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #3,630 of 5,394
How did Vega sound with Opus #2. I have Vega on order and have Opus #2. I'm deciding if I want to order dx200 next...

Just my subjective opinion. OPUS#2 + Vega are a good pairing, but not "stellar". Vegas do benefit from tight and punchy bass of DX200 or from lush mids of AKs. OPUS is honest and musical player, so it doesn't add something "wow" to Vega's sound. I'm not sure if I express it right, OPUS#2 is really great, and with Vega it performs really good, but there are better options.
Of course it's only for my taste (did I wrote enough disclaimers? :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back