Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 16, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,587 of 5,394
Well, for the price for the Chord II, it better sound good. Honestly I wonder for a fraction of the price the Schiit Jotunheim will sound nearly as good with the Vega compare to Chord II

But the Jotunheim is desktop only, the Hugo II is portable/transportable.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,588 of 5,394
Anybody know and easy way to remove the guide wire out of the Litz cable?
is the Memory/guide wire soldered up to the connector?

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3,590 of 5,394
On another note, what would be the over ear equivalent compared to Vega?
I love to share my experience with my Vegas but can't bring myself to give others my headphones to stick in their ears, lol.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,591 of 5,394
I love to share my experience with my Vegas but can't bring myself to give others my headphones to stick in their ears, lol.

Although not that similar, I enjoy the LCD-X a lot for its bass response, mids and highs aren't as comparable.  You should check them out.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,592 of 5,394

I'm hoping Campfire releases a over ear headphone this year. Would be an insta-buy for me.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #3,593 of 5,394
I'm hoping Campfire releases a over ear headphone this year. Would be an insta-buy for me.

There have been demo versions at a few US based audio meets over the last 12 months of an over-ear model I believe - sure KB and his team will be letting everyone know when it is ready to see the light of day. Not read too much about it so far but I'm hoping for something based on the driver tech from the Vega - that would be awesome.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3,594 of 5,394
There have been demo versions at a few US based audio meets over the last 12 months of an over-ear model I believe - sure @KB and his team will be letting everyone know when it is ready to see the light of day. Not read too much about it so far but I'm hoping for something based on the driver tech from the Vega - that would be awesome.

Had a long conversation with Ken at CanJam SoCal.  He says that the Campfire Audio Over Ear unit is done, but they are having trouble anodizing it.  It will come in 2 versions:  the diamond driver (like on the Vega), and a Beryllium driver (like on the Dorado and Lyra II).  I think he said the driver is 42 mm (or 48 mm, I can't remember).  He expects it to be released this summer.  Please not that all of that information is subject to change haha.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3,595 of 5,394
Had a long conversation with Ken at CanJam SoCal.  He says that the Campfire Audio Over Ear unit is done, but they are having trouble anodizing it.  It will come in 2 versions:  the diamond driver (like on the Vega), and a Beryllium driver (like on the Dorado and Lyra II).  I think he said the driver is 42 mm (or 48 mm, I can't remember).  He expects it to be released this summer.  Please not that all of that information is subject to change haha.

Awesome, thanks for that info! Even though a date is not set in stone, it is great to know that it is coming along.

I will be all over that diamond driver version.

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #3,597 of 5,394

This is exciting! I thought I was all set in the over-ear department, but this may change that.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #3,598 of 5,394

Damn, I was all set to buy the Sony MDR z1.  I'll wait until these come out.  Now if I can focus on choosing my next amp.  I'm torn  between getting WA8 or an ADI-2 Pro.  I want both, but can only get one....for now. 

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #3,599 of 5,394
Guys,
If anyone's interested, my Vega is up for sale:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/844632/campfire-vega-barely-used

PS: It's only 3 days old

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #3,600 of 5,394
Well, for the price for the Chord II, it better sound good. Honestly I wonder for a fraction of the price the Schiit Jotunheim will sound nearly as good with the Vega compare to Chord II

Not even in the same solar system SQ wise. I listened to the Jot as well as Yggy/Rag combo last weekend and neither one can compete with H2 in SQ. The Schiit gear was good but sounds very mechanical compared to Chord's three dimensionaly flowing musical signature. Any Schiit dac vs. Chord's H2 and up really isn't a fair fight honestly. Yggy is getting long in the tooth, where H2 is a brand new dac thats sound quality is dangerously close to that of Chord Dave.(I A/B compared them side by side last weekend). Trust me, it's pricey, but if you ever hear Hugo 2/Vega you'll figure out a way to save up and have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back