Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 4, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3,481 of 5,394
It's comfortable but reduce the bass. That is what I noticed when i use those tips with u12. I will try with my second vega when it arrives on Wednesday.

Personally, I found that the foam they used was too hard. Put too much pressure on my ears that just ended up turning into pain.

As far as sound, people seem to talk about the tips making a huge difference on sound... I found it very minor at best. They sounded similar to other silicon tips to me. The only tips that sounded any different were the included foams, they seemed to smooth things out a bit, but I have a hunch thats more because I dont like foams and have trouble really getting a great seal with them.

Thx for the feedback, looks like I'll stick with the Campfire foams for now. My sole issue with them is the need to keep replacing them, otherwise they're great. Been trying the Spinfits but they make the bass a bit too bloated. Maybe one day I'll go nuts and order 300 foam tips.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #3,482 of 5,394
Usually a foam tip will last three or more months of daily use.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #3,484 of 5,394
Been using mine for 2 months and it's starting to flake a little on the inside.
Let me be more specific, Comply tips for me last over 3 months. I sweat like a water fall

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #3,485 of 5,394
Thx for the feedback, looks like I'll stick with the Campfire foams for now. My sole issue with them is the need to keep replacing them, otherwise they're great. Been trying the Spinfits but they make the bass a bit too bloated. Maybe one day I'll go nuts and order 300 foam tips.

I think its the narrow bore and deeper insertion you get with the spinfits. I ended up using medium tips from Mee. They are very very similar in shape to the included medium silicon tips, but the bore is slightly smaller and the stem is slightly longer, which ends up working well for me. Doesnt seem to affect the sound too much and they fit the best for me.

I am not a fan of foams because of exactly what you mention, having to replace them regularly. I also never feel like I get a great seal with them. Just never really liked foam.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #3,487 of 5,394
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #3,488 of 5,394
Same here. So you prefer the Comply tips over the Campfire ones?

In my humble experience Comply tips rip easily and lessen the base. I've made it through testing the various tips and ended up preferring the stock foams, so much so -- purchased two additional packs of their (CA) red and blue for ease of left and right identification. For those of you uncomfortable with stock foams, try going down a size (small).  I had initial discomfort with mediums, but small fit perfect with seal/zero comfort issues.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #3,489 of 5,394
  In my humble experience Comply tips rip easily and lessen the base. I've made it through testing the various tips and ended up preferring the stock foams, so much so -- purchased two additional packs of their (CA) red and blue for ease of left and right identification. For those of you uncomfortable with stock foams, try going down a size (small).  I had initial discomfort with mediums, but small fit perfect with seal/zero comfort issues.

Not a bad tip regarding size. I actually figured out it works better for me if I use one Small and one Medium, as ear canals don't seem symmetrical.

I'm using Comply however. TX-400, but I'm going to try the TSX-400 next (they seem a bit more like the Shure olives in shape, but probably feel/wear exactly the same as the TX).  They do rip easily, but that's not much of a problem for me since I never remove them after installation. If you do that often, it will require some gentle hands.

Not a fan of the CA foams, mostly because they are totally open and I don't like the idea of having zero protection for those big nozzles.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,490 of 5,394
I'm also having a problem with fit. I have narrow ear canals and the CA Vega supplied tips are okay but not great. The small spin fits slip out just enough to diminish the bass, but the medium are too large. The small foam tips are too hard. I believe if the foam tips were softer I would be okay. - anyone else with narrow ear canals able to find a solution?

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #3,491 of 5,394
I'm also having a problem with fit. I have narrow ear canals and the CA Vega supplied tips are okay but not great. The small spin fits slip out just enough to diminish the bass, but the medium are too large. The small foam tips are too hard. I believe if the foam tips were softer I would be okay. - anyone else with narrow ear canals able to find a solution?

Have you tried the Comply TX400? They're very soft for foam (the reason for being fragile, I guess). The S size should work fine.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #3,492 of 5,394
Have you tried the Comply TX400? They're very soft for foam (the reason for being fragile, I guess). The S size should work fine.
squeeze, insert and release. Dont just push Comply into ear.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #3,493 of 5,394

I picked up some discounted Auvio  (RadioShack) medium size that are in between the spinfit small/medium that work well and are very easy to get on the Andromeda. I also picked up some Comply Active that are really nice for 6.99. They've probably been on the shelf for years but they turned out to really shine. So, if you have a Radio shack going out of business in your area you can't go wrong with these tips for cheap.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,494 of 5,394

No I haven't, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back