Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 31, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #3,437 of 5,394
Probably depends on mastering, give me a song and I'll let you know friend.

Thanks
I use Spotify premium

Love myself -hailee steinfield
Lush life-ZaraLarson
Focus-Ariana grande

Some examples-if you can tolerate them. Lol

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #3,438 of 5,394
Thanks
I use Spotify premium

Love myself -hailee steinfield
Lush life-ZaraLarson
Focus-Ariana grande

Some examples-if you can tolerate them. Lol

Love myself -hailee steinfield (mid forehead, risen)
Lush life-ZaraLarson (mid, risen)
Focus-Ariana grande (intimate mid)

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #3,440 of 5,394
Love myself -hailee steinfield (mid forehead, risen)
Lush life-ZaraLarson (mid, risen)
Focus-Ariana grande (intimate mid)

When you say mid forehead risen does that mean within the head but above it; -if that makes sense
So not out in front of head

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #3,443 of 5,394
The presentation of the vega is largely present on how it is matched. Slightly longer tips tend to help push thing back and open the stage.

The stock cable tends to make things very very forward but with the right cables the stage really really opens up huge and it's no longer as forward

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #3,444 of 5,394
Just passing through to say how much I love the Vega. Listened my whole plane ride. Reminds me of my LCD-4 sound signature in some ways. Just so immersive, bassy and warm, emotional and syrupy. I prefer the Vega to my noble custom k10 Kaiser's.

Sometimes I like the thinner, more analytical and wide soundstage and pinpoint imaging too but that's what my HD800S is for.. I imagine the andro or nobles katana would be closer in that direction too but haven't heard.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,445 of 5,394
Just passing through to say how much I love the Vega. Listened my whole plane ride. Reminds me of my LCD-4 sound signature in some ways. Just so immersive, bassy and warm, emotional and syrupy. I prefer the Vega to my noble custom k10 Kaiser's.

Sometimes I like the thinner, more analytical and wide soundstage and pinpoint imaging too but that's what my HD800S is for.. I imagine the andro or nobles katana would be closer in that direction too but haven't heard.

The Andros are super holographic. First IEMs I find that can give a bit of the HD800 experience. But, then again, there's a lot more I haven't listened to yet.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3,446 of 5,394
Anyone loving ( or not loving ) their Lyra 2's? Looking again to get some impressions!!! Thanks everyone!

I can't compare the Vega to the Lyra II because I've never tried the Vega but will at Axpona 2017. However I own the Lyra IIs and love them. I primarily use them with my Sony NW-ZX2 but they also scale well so they sound even better with my desktop amp (tighter bass, more transparent and bigger soundstage). To my ears the Lyra II is extremely comfortable due its small size and it's more laid back and relaxed sound signature means I can listen them for hours with fatigue or discomfort. The Lyra II has strong bass but I would not classify it as a basshead IEM. As I'm writing this I'm listening the 24/96 version of James Taylor's Before This World with the Lyra IIs and my ZX2 and it sounds wonderful. In fact I prefer the Lyra II to my Shure SE846 which I recently sold because I found myself rarely listening to the SE846 after getting the Lyra II.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #3,447 of 5,394

I definitely prefer the Vega to the Katana or the Kaiser Encore. While very detailed, I wouldn't call either of them analytical. Contrary to popular belief, I'd say the Kaiser Encore would fit your requirements better than the Katana. I owned them both for a few weeks and the Katana has slightly rolled off highs, fuller lower mids all the way down to the sub bass. The Kaiser Encore is leaner, brighter, and more natural sounding throughout. Not that noticeable unless you compare them side by side. I highly recommend A/B'ing before committing to one of the two based on impressions posted on HeadFi. HisoundFi seems to be the only person to agree with me haha. He's the only other person I know to have done a direct comparison.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #3,448 of 5,394
For a "few weeks" to me means a strong PASS.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,449 of 5,394
For a "few weeks" to me means a strong PASS.

They are more alike than not and I couldn't justify keeping both. I think the Katana is the more universal of the two but I could have been happy with either, to be honest.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #3,450 of 5,394

This post might've sealed the deal on me buying the Vega. I have LCD-4s and to have an IEM version would blow my mind. Do you use the standard cable on the Vega?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back