Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #92 of 5,394
Oct 19, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #94 of 5,394
Just ordered the Vega. Will be very interesting to compare with my Lyra and Andromeda, both of which I very much enjoy!

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #95 of 5,394
My Vega has also shipped today. Should be here in about 2 days. I can't wait to compare them to the Jupiter. SO PUMPED!

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #96 of 5,394
The Vega sounds like it is the best single driver IEM ever created.
Looking forward to read more impressions about it.
Has it been mentioned the burn in time required to sound best? The build quality is at the top from what i can see in the video,but i have small ears and i want comfort also,like Westone ones.How comfortable is Andromeda for example?

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #99 of 5,394
I've got my Vegas now. I also would like to know about burn-in time because I think these have some settling to do.

I've been burning them in all morning via my ears!
beyersmile.png

A dynamic driver can always benefit from some break-in in my personal experience and at the very least will give you peace of mind that you are truly hearing what the designers intended.  I am planning on burning them in for the next few days because I think they do have some settling, but couldn't be more amazed at what I'm hearing thus far.  I can see why Jude commented on the bass because it's sumptuous and bountiful.

Now if I could only take my own advice and remove them from my ears.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #101 of 5,394
I've got my Vegas now. I also would like to know about burn-in time because I think these have some settling to do.

Yeah, at least a day or two of burn-in to start for the DD, then they will likely continue to settle in incrementally with further time. Ken did some testing and you can actually see the change in FR over time, at least with the Dorado's DD.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #102 of 5,394
If the Vega is anything like my Lyra, it will take quite a few hours to reach it's design potential. The Lyra is the only one of the CA phones that I really noticed changing with time and I have owned all of them at one time or another.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #103 of 5,394
The Vega sounds like it is the best single driver IEM ever created.
Looking forward to read more impressions about it.
Has it been mentioned the burn in time required to sound best? The build quality is at the top from what i can see in the video,but i have small ears and i want comfort also,like Westone ones.How comfortable is Andromeda for example?

The Vega looks to be exactly the same size and shape as my Lyra which is considerably smaller than the Andromeda. Although my Andromeda is an OK fit for me, the Lyra is. in all respects, more comfortable and just disappears once inserted. I can't imagine anyone not getting a good fit with the Vega if they are actually the same size as the Lyra.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #105 of 5,394
The Vega looks to be exactly the same size and shape as my Lyra which is considerably smaller than the Andromeda. Although my Andromeda is an OK fit for me, the Lyra is in all respects more comfortable and just disappears ones inserted. I can't imagine anyone not getting a good fit with it.

Yeah, the Vega, Lyra II and Dorado all use the same form factor, which is indeed quite small for a TOTL IEM. It has rounded corners as well, which can help depending on your ear shape. Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back