Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 30, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #706 of 5,394
it because he has a big ear wax blocking his ears from hearing the amazing sound the Zeus product:D

I have a fair bit of wax myself in my ears but after removing them I do find myself liking a lot of IEMs that I would otherwise consider average or even "meh".

Maybe because my ears still have the sensitivity level of when I was a little tike.

My audiologist did day I have sensitive ears after all, and the fact I am extremely treble-sensitive might be the proof.

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #707 of 5,394
Thanks guys.. I'm thinking of getting campfire vega, Zeus adel, or noble k10 encore.. I listen to mostly pop or things with a lot of vocal.. but of course I like the bass too on the dance/kpop stuff too.. which to recommend? Thanks.

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #708 of 5,394
Thanks guys.. I'm thinking of getting campfire vega, Zeus adel, or noble k10 encore.. I listen to mostly pop or things with a lot of vocal.. but of course I like the bass too on the dance/kpop stuff too.. which to recommend? Thanks.

I don't have any experience with those so I can't really help you on  this.

However, from the Zeus R, I can tell you it's a very balanced and resolving IEM that has just the right amount of bass slam, plenty of lush and meat on mids as well as finely extended treble that will shine beautifully on well-mastered recordings. If your track recordings are of less quality though, expect some sibilance because the Zeus R is quite revealing.

But again, it might not be as helpful since you're going for the ADEL version which might have quite a different sound signature. So this is merely a reference if nothing else. 

atsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #710 of 5,394
Most of the recordings I listen to are 256kbps (such as in Apple Music) or 320kbps ( like in mp3s or Spotify ).. are these good enough recordings for the IEMs? Thanks. I would like a better than normal soundstage too if possible.. Hopefully any of those three can do the job.. of course Vega has the price benefit..

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #711 of 5,394
That's good enough for any headphone/IEM. No human can hear a difference from 320kbpd to FLAC or the laughable "HD" formats. And those who claim they can are cheating themselves. What matters is the mastering of the recordings.

Nevertheless, I have 98% of my library in FLAC (at least for archiving) as space is no issue nowadays.

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #712 of 5,394
Most of the recordings I listen to are 256kbps (such as in Apple Music) or 320kbps ( like in mp3s or Spotify ).. are these good enough recordings for the IEMs? Thanks. I would like a better than normal soundstage too if possible.. Hopefully any of those three can do the job.. of course Vega has the price benefit..

A purist would tell you to upgrade to lossless FLACs like, immediately.

A realist would listen to both lossy and lossless and decide for himself whether there are any audible differences.

Take the test here http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

There is absolutely no shame in not being able to differentiate lossy and lossless. In fact you save a whole lot from buying Hi-Res tracks. The mastering quality of the record is more important IMHO. One of my all-time favorite albums has awful mastering quality (even in the remastered version!) and I could not in any way enjoy it with high-end gear. Link here http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/10/oasis-whats-the-story-with-the-brickwalling-glory/

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #713 of 5,394
Thank you for all the good info! I'll go to the website and try it out.. maybe all I need is a pair of EarPods or something.. but since Black Friday is coming up, hopefully one of them will have a deal.. whoever has the best deal is the winner..

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #714 of 5,394

A purist would tell you to upgrade to lossless FLACs like, immediately.

A realist would listen to both lossy and lossless and decide for himself whether there are any audible differences.

Take the test here http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

There is absolutely no shame in not being able to differentiate lossy and lossless. In fact you save a whole lot from buying Hi-Res tracks. The mastering quality of the record is more important IMHO. One of my all-time favorite albums has awful mastering quality (even in the remastered version!) and I could not in any way enjoy it with high-end gear. Link here http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/10/oasis-whats-the-story-with-the-brickwalling-glory/

This. Just...this so much.

Honestly, I love Of Monsters and Men band very much for example, but one of my most favorite song of all time just have to have crappy mastering, and if you listened to Little Talks, you'd see what I mean since they just have to go so far with the treble it went borderline harsh.

And honestly, even through my friend's AK380, the sibilance is still there due to the poor mastering quality.

Lossless format ain't a be-all-and-end-all in audio world. 
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #716 of 5,394

Because there is no audible difference (from 256kpbs onwards)

I still remember the day when I listened to only 128kbps.

Those were back when I am still 15 years old and Creative MP3 players were the pinnacle of "cool" in audiophile world. XD

This is the Muvo V100 player. I no longer own it, but my friend is STILL listening happily to it until now and it's been his daily driver. He did have a better earphone than me though. 
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #718 of 5,394
The first time I heard a clear difference between 128 and ALAC was Tupac "Changes" on my computer. The sound of the opening Piano sounded so more detailed and natural/realistic

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #719 of 5,394
So that's why these online music have at least 256kb in case of Apple/google music and 320kbps for Spotify.. should be good enough.. now just to get an awesome IEM.. also looking to see if noble BTS (Bluetooth module) is worth getting.. its 2 pin.. so can't use in Vega unfortunately

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #720 of 5,394
I got 5/6 correct on the test - the Cold Play was the only one I got incorrect (128kb). That song, even uncompressed sounded all blended, there wasn't much detail when I listened.

Most music, I'm fine with 256kb VBR. The difference is negligible.

Maybe my favorite artists I'll do FLAC with cue sheets just because I want to archive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back