Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 9, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #4,891 of 5,394
Keep a look out for when these are back in stock. Bought for use with my CH9T and the Dark Grey Large is perfect for me with the Lyra II.

18pcs S/M/L Size Tennmak Replacement Whirlwind Turbo Earphone Eartips Earbuds Silicone Earpads Ear Tips Set & Earphone Carrying Case Pouch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787VLNBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0UXOAbQY1E6QZ

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #4,894 of 5,394
Wonderful organic sound and perfect timbre spoiled by glue. Now I have to send them back, re-incur importation fees etc.
IMG_1050.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #4,896 of 5,394
Yes, Cascade is very Vega-esque with a touch of Andromeda.

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #4,898 of 5,394
Have been on vacation for a few days. Got to visit Campfire Audio headquarters in Portland and give their entire line-up a try! It was awesome. Also, the cascade may have restored my faith in full-sized headphones.

Perhaps contact Campfire directly to find out what glue they use and repair them yourself? It is not supposed to work like that but overall perhaps a better solution than waiting for international mail and paying duty twice.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #4,899 of 5,394
Hi all.. just got a set of Lyra II to try out CA. Coming from and still use my Shure SE535.
After reading all the reviews I could find, I was expecting V shaped signature but for me, am finding them very well rounded. I was expecting to be wow'd but found myself listening to more and more songs per session and just not wanting to stop :) Best compliment to a headphone or IEM that I can think of. My source is an AK300.

Anyway, need some recommendations on large deep silicone tips. I'm not getting a good seal with any of the tips that shipped and I hate foam tips. Currently using the SpinFits. As a reference, I'm using the large Westone Star tips on my Shure SE535. Would appreciate some recommendations.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #4,900 of 5,394
Hi all.. just got a set of Lyra II to try out CA. Coming from and still use my Shure SE535.
After reading all the reviews I could find, I was expecting V shaped signature but for me, am finding them very well rounded. I was expecting to be wow'd but found myself listening to more and more songs per session and just not wanting to stop :) Best compliment to a headphone or IEM that I can think of. My source is an AK300.

Anyway, need some recommendations on large deep silicone tips. I'm not getting a good seal with any of the tips that shipped and I hate foam tips. Currently using the SpinFits. As a reference, I'm using the large Westone Star tips on my Shure SE535. Would appreciate some recommendations.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMBIO-W-W...094841?hash=item1ca491ad79:g:G5IAAOSwN6JY~ugP

I get by far the best sound out of my Lyra II's with the Symbio W's. If you usually use a large silicone, try the medium size Symbio. To me, SpinFits sound downright congested in comparison.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4,901 of 5,394

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TEN...d-ear-tip-earphone-accessory/32808506339.html

or

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--ie--ear-cushion--lamella

Both are very good on the Lyra II IMO

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #4,902 of 5,394
I am very happy with my spiral dots. I find they open the sound and enhance the upper frequencies with excellent low-end response.i get an excellent seal with large tip sometimes too much with mild pressure sensation, so I often use a ML

I also have Symbio W and like them as well.

I’m not sure I have a preference but I do believe the higher frequencies are still a little better with the spiral dots

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #4,904 of 5,394
I am very happy with my spiral dots. I find they open the sound and enhance the upper frequencies with excellent low-end response.i get an excellent seal with large tip sometimes too much with mild pressure sensation, so I often use a ML

I also have Symbio W and like them as well.

I’m not sure I have a preference but I do believe the higher frequencies are still a little better with the spiral dots
Yeah Symbio I get too much driver flex and with Spiral Dots I get that weird pressure shifting as I walk around. I happen to have no issues with the Tennmaks

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #4,905 of 5,394

I'm a big fan of the RHA Dual Density tips:
https://www.rha-audio.com/us/products/accessories/dual-density-ear-tips-large-3pairs
Great price, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back