Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 14, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #4,906 of 5,394
Thanks for the recommendations all.. My biggest issue is wet the seal and from what I've read, I'll try the Symbio first.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #4,907 of 5,394
Thanks for the recommendations all.. My biggest issue is wet the seal and from what I've read, I'll try the Symbio first.
Ah. Wet seal is absolutely an issue I have, too. Here's what I do. It make look laborious, but it's worth it to get to use better-sounding tips.

37060100916_ceb5f630bb_k_d.jpg

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #4,910 of 5,394
In the past I've always used a medium foam tip for IEMs. However I've found that for the Vega I need to use large foam tips to be comfortable. I've also found that going up a size didn't effect the sound.

So I use large CA foam tips for the Vega and medium CA foam tips for the Andromeda and Polaris.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #4,914 of 5,394
Generally but it's really hard to get a good fit bc its actually quite when the air pressure is uneven
Which tips are you using?

I had this issue as well. The foamies caused pain/irritation in my ears that would take a few days to heal up. The stock black tips were nice, but the best sound for me was in the firmer silicone tips. But... I hated using them due to the hard seal, negative pressure, that they caused, resulting in no sound coming through. That's why I use a little bit of 1mm cotton cord to vent air through the bore. I swap out my tips ever few days, due to waxiness, so I swap out the venting cord then, as well. Venting my tips has been a total game changer.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #4,920 of 5,394
I am not sure I understand. How would you vent the spiral dots?

I think what he means is to give the earpiece or your own ear a little tug to break the seal, so the driver won't flex. A perfect seal is the root cause of driver flex in DD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back