Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 4, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #4,861 of 5,394
Ive read they need about 75 hours for a full burn, well, I’m 5 hours in ad enjoying my journey. Looking forward to the bass maturing :L3000: I’m enjoying the bass, nice to have something that can hit hard and if I want smooth, I’ll listen to my Andromeda. These little fellas are awesome :smile_phones:

It is really impressive what Campfire have done with their flagship lineup. Vega and Andromeda are around 2500 bucks together. Each of them can compete with any 2500$ TOTL product of the competition.

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #4,862 of 5,394
That is a bold statement, but they do each sound really good.

I wonder what they will come out with next? I've heard the Cascade is a success, but I'm not a full-sized headphone guy....I want another BA IEM :)

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #4,863 of 5,394
That is a bold statement, but they do each sound really good.

I wonder what they will come out with next? I've heard the Cascade is a success, but I'm not a full-sized headphone guy....I want another BA IEM :)
+1 TOTL BA that is not as sensitve as the Andromeda. I am so sensitive to any background hiss.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #4,864 of 5,394
If I were to bet on the next CA IEM I would guess an update to the Dorado using the Andromeda shell. 2-3 BAs with the Vega or Lyra DD.

Ok, I spend to much time thinking about this stuff. : )

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #4,865 of 5,394
I think you may be right. I think the next up is to re-do their hybrid driver IEMs. I wish it were a BA, but they just had mass drop on the Lyras and they discontinued the Dorados.....

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #4,866 of 5,394
If I were to bet on the next CA IEM I would guess an update to the Dorado using the Andromeda shell. 2-3 BAs with the Vega or Lyra DD.

Ok, I spend to much time thinking about this stuff. : )

Maybe the vega driver with the polarity tuned chamber from the polaris and 2 or 3 taec ba's. Sign me up. Havent heard the andromeda, but a pairing of the DD low end from the vega with what I understand of the upper mids and trebles of the andromeda...

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #4,867 of 5,394
I wonder, from a technological standpoint, if you can just slap all the drivers from each together like that? The DD from the Vega with the BAs from the Andromeda would be outrageous, that'd I'd buy....possible though?

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #4,870 of 5,394
Just purchased the Vega from a Headfi member and love the sound of it.

I do have a possible problem with it though or possible normal?

When inserting the IEM into my ears i get a crackling sound from the air pressure flexing the driver (if you ever used a Skull Candy IEM you know this sound).

Is this normal?

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #4,871 of 5,394

When inserting the IEM into my ears i get a crackling sound from the air pressure flexing the driver (if you ever used a Skull Candy IEM you know this sound).

Is this normal?
Yeah, for these its normal. Its Driver Flex. Foam tips avoids it but does kill treble a bit.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #4,872 of 5,394

Is this normal?
I’ve just got the Vega also, no flexing, but I am using the foam tips it came with and haven’t tried a silicone tip yet. Did have that problem with the left Ibasso IT01, so now I just insert it at a bit of an angle and let it kind of fall into place. No more flex

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #4,875 of 5,394
Hey guys, after beating around the bush for way too long, I've finally ordered a pair of Vegas!

The ALO Ref8 cable is marketed as an upgrade cable for the Vegas, but I've owned it before, and found its ergonomics to be lacking (tangled easily and microphonic). Do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back