Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 3, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #4,846 of 5,394
Yep, just listened to Dr Buzz on the Jamiaqui album Automaton, the Vega does it great but the Andromeda is magical. There’s something about the treble on the Andromeda that is kind of really bright but warm and smooth at the same time. Very addictive

I think that’s why the Vega and andromeda go so well together! After buying the Vega I immediately bought the andromedas, I pretty much split my time between the two. The Vegas will never have the treble of the andros but they will burn in and have a tighter bass

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #4,847 of 5,394
I think that’s why the Vega and andromeda go so well together! After buying the Vega I immediately bought the andromedas, I pretty much split my time between the two. The Vegas will never have the treble of the andros but they will burn in and have a tighter bass
They’re a match all right, hats off to Campfire Audio. This company doesn’t seem to follow any trends, it walks its own path and that is a very refreshing thought!!

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,848 of 5,394
Yep, just listened to Dr Buzz on the Jamiaqui album Automaton, the Vega does it great but the Andromeda is magical. There’s something about the treble on the Andromeda that is kind of really bright but warm and smooth at the same time. Very addictive
Yeah, I really enjoyed that during my little listen last month. I definitely want a pair. Vega would be my daily driver. Andromeda has decent bass, but I need a bit more of a solid floor to my music. Andromeda is definitely up in the clouds.

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #4,849 of 5,394
Yeah, I really enjoyed that during my little listen last month. I definitely want a pair. Vega would be my daily driver. Andromeda has decent bass, but I need a bit more of a solid floor to my music. Andromeda is definitely up in the clouds.

The only issue with the Vega is that you need an amp/dap they don’t sound good straight out of a phone unless you have a samsung V30 or somthing with great audio

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #4,850 of 5,394
I wanted a different flavour rather than an upgrade, I certainly got that
I now have two of the nicest chocolates in the box :ksc75smile:
Having a listen to Joss Stone LP1 at the moment and loving it:L3000:

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #4,851 of 5,394
I wanted a different flavour rather than an upgrade, I certainly got that
I now have two of the nicest chocolates in the box :ksc75smile:
Having a listen to Joss Stone LP1 at the moment and loving it:L3000:
Vega truly shines with electronic music.

Here's one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite ladies:

And here's a truly superlative, almost ambient album:

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #4,854 of 5,394
Have you heard either of these before? Totally magnificent.
I’ve got a few Goldfrapp albums but haven’t got round to Solar Fields yet. Think I’ll be adding them to my library soon though. Been busy chasing down some other music but that is done and tomorrow looks like the day to add a few more artists to the library. So, Solar fields it is then, tomorrow while giving the Vega’s another run out I’ll be filling up the library. Are there any Solar Fields albums you would recommend as a first buy, cheers

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #4,855 of 5,394
I’ve got a few Goldfrapp albums but haven’t got round to Solar Fields yet. Think I’ll be adding them to my library soon though. Been busy chasing down some other music but that is done and tomorrow looks like the day to add a few more artists to the library. So, Solar fields it is then, tomorrow while giving the Vega’s another run out I’ll be filling up the library. Are there any Solar Fields albums you would recommend as a first buy, cheers
I'd highly recommend Movements, the album I linked. After that, you should try Altered - Second Movements. The artist pretty much takes the original album and reworks it into a completely ambient work. It's really cool to hear the essence of each song so perfectly captured in a different form.

Then, of course, there's Shpongle... if you like it weird:

Go for The Magumba State

Mar 4, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #4,856 of 5,394
Ok, so listened to a few albums yesterday, yep all good but a little too much bass. I know this is going to calm down a bit with time, but I wasn’t expecting to hear such an improvement after only a few hours.
Thought I’d have a listen to Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard Gladiator, now I know exactly how a conductor feels stood in the middle of the orchestra in full flow.
The wind instruments, the strings the drums everything comes alive and my brain is having trouble keeping up with these feelings that come from this barrage of sound. I’m certainly more impressed today than I was yesterday and really looking forward to tomorrow :smile_phones:

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,857 of 5,394
Ok, so listened to a few albums yesterday, yep all good but a little too much bass. I know this is going to calm down a bit with time, but I wasn’t expecting to hear such an improvement after only a few hours.
Thought I’d have a listen to Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard Gladiator, now I know exactly how a conductor feels stood in the middle of the orchestra in full flow.
The wind instruments, the strings the drums everything comes alive and my brain is having trouble keeping up with these feelings that come from this barrage of sound. I’m certainly more impressed today than I was yesterday and really looking forward to tomorrow :smile_phones:

Also try to burn them in, keep them on over the nights and eventually the Vegas will sound the way they were intended. DD change a lot after a burn-in and campfire audio also recommends a burn in for the Vegas...having said that they will always have a lot of bass, if you don't like the bass it is not going to change drastically. You will get more used to their sound and they will tighten up, but they will still be heavy in bass.

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #4,858 of 5,394
Also try to burn them in, keep them on over the nights and eventually the Vegas will sound the way they were intended. DD change a lot after a burn-in and campfire audio also recommends a burn in for the Vegas...having said that they will always have a lot of bass, if you don't like the bass it is not going to change drastically. You will get more used to their sound and they will tighten up, but they will still be heavy in bass.
Ive read they need about 75 hours for a full burn, well, I’m 5 hours in ad enjoying my journey. Looking forward to the bass maturing :L3000: I’m enjoying the bass, nice to have something that can hit hard and if I want smooth, I’ll listen to my Andromeda. These little fellas are awesome :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back