Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #3,091 of 5,394

Yeah it is hard to choose without a listen, you can check out @flinkenick review of the Dorado and Vega there are some comparisons also to Andromeda :)
I have never regretted trusting Nick :)

Dorado has the same TAEC chamber the Andromeda has it might be an interresting option indeed.  

Are there photos of those chambers? I've never seen an open Andromeda.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,092 of 5,394
PSA: Paradis - Recto Verso

^^^The whole album sounds amazing on the Vega.

UPDATE: There have been some major changes to my lineup. Since receiving the Kaiser Encore, I've narrowed my IEM inventory down to the Kaiser Encore, Vega, and MDR-7550. In short, the Kaiser Encore is my new reference. I can't think of one thing I would change about the sound. Balanced, detailed, natural, spacious, musical, refined. It's perfect in just about every way (to me).

However, perfect can get boring from time to time. That's where the Vega comes in. Please don't misunderstand me. I don't think the Vega is flawed and it may be perfect based on another's preferences. For me, it just has a unique enough character to offer a nice change of pace without straying too far from my sound preferences. The two compliment each other nicely, IMO.

I plan on putting them up against the Elear tomorrow just to satisfy curiosities (I know, I know). The Vega does have a full-size feel to it and it reminds me of the Elear a lot. So much so, that I'm comfortable with letting the Elear go and upgrading to a TOTL can at a later time. I'm about a week into the Vega and I am very pleased thus far.

Cheers

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #3,093 of 5,394
Mar 11, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #3,094 of 5,394
must admit there is so much good buzz over these vegas.
what in the empire ears line would be similar?
(i like a slightly warm but still resolving signature that is also balanced,
detailed and great bass slam when warranted)
versatile with most genres.

i do have the FLC 8S...considering the new FLC (totl) Celeste coming
out in the next few months (pretty cool custom tuning dials in the new prototypes at canjam, as below)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/6165#post_13332295

but the vegas and all the love for them has piqued my interest too.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #3,095 of 5,394

out in the next few months (pretty cool custom tuning dials in the new prototypes at canjam, as below)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/6165#post_13332295

If you're in BC you should definitely go to Headphone Bar and demo Vega (if you haven't already).

ksc75smile.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,096 of 5,394

I haven't heard any Empire Ears IEMs but it almost sounds like you are describing the Noble Katana. This is purely coincidental and I'm only giving you my sincere impressions. I am not trying to pitch to you unless, of course, you're interested haha.

EDIT: The Katana's warmth wasn't really apparent until I compared them directly to the Kaiser Encore. It's very subtle but I think that is what allows the Katana to be so resolving and musical at the same time. That being said, the Katana doesn't sound like the Vega. I don't think you're gonna get close to the Vega sound with a full BA design. Just my two cents.

I've been eyeing the Celeste and the Dream myself. Not too sure I'll pull the trigger on either now that I've found a stellar TOTL combo in the Kaiser Encore and Vega. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,098 of 5,394
  PSA: Paradis - Recto Verso

^^^The whole album sounds amazing on the Vega.

UPDATE: There have been some major changes to my lineup. Since receiving the Kaiser Encore, I've narrowed my IEM inventory down to the Kaiser Encore, Vega, and MDR-7550. In short, the Kaiser Encore is my new reference. I can't think of one thing I would change about the sound. Balanced, detailed, natural, spacious, musical, refined. It's perfect in just about every way (to me).

However, perfect can get boring from time to time. That's where the Vega comes in. Please don't misunderstand me. I don't think the Vega is flawed and it may be perfect based on another's preferences. For me, it just has a unique enough character to offer a nice change of pace without straying too far from my sound preferences. The two compliment each other nicely, IMO.

I plan on putting them up against the Elear tomorrow just to satisfy curiosities (I know, I know). The Vega does have a full-size feel to it and it reminds me of the Elear a lot. So much so, that I'm comfortable with letting the Elear go and upgrading to a TOTL can at a later time. I'm about a week into the Vega and I am very pleased thus far.

Cheers

I've been following your reviews concerning the Vegas diligently - I am ordering on Monday because I'm now on the brink of insanity.
I finally got through the Andromeda vs Vega time warp/vortex and now you throw in the encores :wink:

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,099 of 5,394

I've been following your reviews concerning the Vegas diligently - I am ordering on Monday because I'm now on the brink of insanity.
I finally got through the Andromeda vs Vega time warp/vortex and now you throw in the encores :wink:

Hahaha sorry! The Encore and the Vega are two very different beasts but for me, they coexist nicely. Of course, that comes down to personal preferences. If it makes you feel any better, I definitely think the Vega is the better value so there's no need to change up your plans, IMO. Pull the trigger and be sure to report back! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #3,100 of 5,394
  Hahaha sorry! The Encore and the Vega are two very different beasts but for me, they coexist nicely. Of course, that comes down to personal preferences. If it makes you feel any better, I definitely think the Vega is the better value so there's no need to change up your plans, IMO. Pull the trigger and be sure to report back! 
beerchug.gif

I haven't pulled the trigger on the Vega yet as I would have to buy them without being able to test them. I guess that I would need more convincing as, coming from the IE800, I'm concerned I'm not going to like them.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #3,101 of 5,394
  I haven't pulled the trigger on the Vega yet as I would have to buy them without being able to test them. I guess that I would need more convincing as, coming from the IE800, I'm concerned I'm not going to like them.

Entirely understandable. It took me a while to decide on the Vega over the T8iE MkII. I'd like to believe I made the right choice. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you take a look the T8iE MkII since a few people told me it was a marked improvement over the IE800. There aren't a whole lot of choices out there if you're looking for a TOTL dynamic.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #3,102 of 5,394

Entirely understandable. It took me a while to decide on the Vega over the T8iE MkII. I'd like to believe I made the right choice. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you take a look the T8iE MkII since a few people told me it was a marked improvement over the IE800. There aren't a whole lot of choices out there if you're looking for a TOTL dynamic.

I do have a friend attending CamJam in Singapore as I type and he said he was impressed by the Xelento
I don't really mind what type driver as far as the sound is what I'm looking for

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #3,103 of 5,394
  I do have a friend attending CamJam in Singapore as I type and he said he was impressed by the Xelento
I don't really mind what type driver as far as the sound is what I'm looking for

Interesting. I wonder how different it sounds compared to the AK version. Not having a technology preference opens up your possibilities. I guess it just depends on your sonic preferences. If you are looking for bass, look no further. The Vega's bass beats every other IEM I've heard. Although, I feel the bass on the Sirius is more natural.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #3,104 of 5,394

Interesting. I wonder how different it sounds compared to the AK version. Not having a technology preference opens up your possibilities. I guess it just depends on your sonic preferences. If you are looking for bass, look no further. The Vega's bass beats every other IEM I've heard. Although, I feel the bass on the Sirius is more natural.

Crisp and clear trebles is my preference. Bass and the rest of the spectrum need to be there too, but rolled off trebles are a no go zone for me. I bought the Shure 535 (untested as well) a few years ago and I almost killed myself!
If only those IE800 would fit better...

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #3,105 of 5,394
  Crisp and clear trebles is my preference. Bass and the rest of the spectrum need to be there too, but rolled off trebles are a no go zone for me. I bought the Shure 535 (untested as well) a few years ago and I almost killed myself!
If only those IE800 would fit better...

Haha It looks like you learned your lesson. The Vega has good treble that is nicely extended. It's not the most refined but it definitely doesn't sound rolled off to my ears. The rest of the spectrum shows up and is represented nicely. The mids are pretty detailed. However, the bass is definitely the star of the show, IMO. I've only got 30 or 40 hours on my set, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back