Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jan 3, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #2,358 of 5,394
The bass is much tighter and faster. Mids aren't recessed and the highs aren't as splashy.

Agreed! The TH900s have a wider soundstage, but everything else goes to the Vegas (which I prefer).

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #2,359 of 5,394
Maybe B&W P7 is closer to the Vega? I read review from Twister and it got good bass. I guessed that's a start. Probably something you want to look into if you're interest over-ear. P7 or HD650 will be the first over-ear that I will buy if I ever decided to mess around with over-ear. Too bulky Iand can only use at home or office, imo.

Really? What do you like more about it over the TH-900? Do tell :D

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #2,360 of 5,394
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #2,361 of 5,394
Agreed! The TH900s have a wider soundstage, but everything else goes to the Vegas (which I prefer).

+1 I own both. Vega beats the TH900 handily. Vega have been god like for me when it comes to to EDM, Rap, R&B, anything bass heavy. Even non-bass heavy music sounds splendid.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #2,362 of 5,394
I'm admittedly addicted to EDM so that's pretty much the experience I'm going for. Ideally I can get a live sound (large soundstage) with slamming, subsonic bass, great resolution, present mids and good extension- it seems male vocals suffer the most on v-shaped headphones I own (probably due to the dip from ~400hz - 1khz). 

From what you guys are saying the Vega is the best way to lighten my wallet- nice to know the P7 compares favorably to the TH-900...will definitely look into those at some point. 

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #2,363 of 5,394
+1 I own both. Vega beats the TH900 handily. Vega have been god like for me when it comes to to EDM, Rap, R&B, anything bass heavy. Even non-bass heavy music sounds splendid.

Great. Welp, I'm sold...just have to pay down the CC for a couple of months so I can get them 
redface.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #2,364 of 5,394
I'm admittedly addicted to EDM so that's pretty much the experience I'm going for. Ideally I can get a live sound (large soundstage) with slamming, subsonic bass, great resolution, present mids and good extension- it seems male vocals suffer the most on v-shaped headphones I own (probably due to the dip from ~400hz - 1khz). 

From what you guys are saying the Vega is the best way to lighten my wallet- nice to know the P7 compares favorably to the TH-900...will definitely look into those at some point. 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=jPxp0jlKhdY

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,366 of 5,394
Jan 4, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #2,367 of 5,394
I took delivery of my Vega last Friday and am very happy that I have experienced zero sibilance and that the bass is tight and textured. I must admit that I was skeptical about the Vega in light of recent observations. I'm convinced that the anatomy of the users ears has a lot to do with the reported short comings of the Vega. My initial assessment is after about 60 hours of burn-in. Another observation is the Vega is very sensitive to tip selection and it is absolutely imperative to have a tight, secure seal, otherwise the bass is diminished in both quality and quantity. My initial impressions are positive and the sound is very cohesive throughout the frequency range, although the mid range is just a little back in the mix. The bass is epic and does not step on the lower mid range which is quite an accomplishment. The sound stage is narrower than I'm used to, but the delineation between instruments is good, although a little more air would be nice. The majority of my listening took place with the LPG Diana edition and comaprisons were to my Perfect Seal Deca, 1964 Ears Quad, and Etymotic ER4S. Unfortunately I did have to send them back because of channel imbalance due to reversing the polarity. - Looking forward to my replacements!!

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #2,368 of 5,394
I took delivery of my Vega last Friday and am very happy that I have experienced zero sibilance and that the bass is tight and textured. I must admit that I was skeptical about the Vega in light of recent observations. I'm convinced that the anatomy of the users ears has a lot to do with the reported short comings of the Vega. My initial assessment is after about 60 hours of burn-in. Another observation is the Vega is very sensitive to tip selection and it is absolutely imperative to have a tight, secure seal, otherwise the bass is diminished in both quality and quantity. My initial impressions are positive and the sound is very cohesive throughout the frequency range, although the mid range is just a little back in the mix. The bass is epic and does not step on the lower mid range which is quite an accomplishment. The sound stage is narrower than I'm used to, but the delineation between instruments is good, although a little more air would be nice. The majority of my listening took place with the LPG Diana edition and comaprisons were to my Perfect Seal Deca, 1964 Ears Quad, and Etymotic ER4S. Unfortunately I did have to send them back because of channel imbalance due to reversing the polarity. - Looking forward to my replacements!!
channel imbalance ? How does that happen ?

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,370 of 5,394
Yeah tell me about it! The instruments that are normally channeled to the right are channeled to the left and vise versa. I tried reversing the cables, but the problem remained. Schiit happens!! since Campfire and I are both in the USA it is nothing more than an inconvenience.
You mean like guitars are heard from the right and bass guitar only at the left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back