Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 20, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #167 of 5,394
If someone can do a comparison between Vega and Dita Answer and Truth together I would be very happy.

I know the Answer and Truth might be a lot cheaper but they're still amazing dynamic IEMs to me. :D

Would love to see how the Campfire flagship fare with those two.

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #168 of 5,394
If someone can do a comparison between Vega and Dita Answer and Truth together I would be very happy.

I know the Answer and Truth might be a lot cheaper but they're still amazing dynamic IEMs to me. :D

Would love to see how the Campfire flagship fare with those two.

I'LL let you know when I get the vega :)

When the duras came out they were considered expensive, a few years on, they're now barely mid tier in pricing haha!

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #169 of 5,394
I'LL let you know when I get the vega :)

When the duras came out they were considered expensive, a few years on, they're now barely mid tier in pricing haha!

I honestly believe the Answer was the Pinnacle of what a dynamic driver can truly do.

Until several years later dynamic driver was built amazing again by the folks in Campfire Audio now.

This is really a nostalgic moment for someone like me whom missed the beauty of single dynamic driver sound. :D

And thanks so much for the impressions.

I personally would love to hear the Vega myself even though it's kinda out of my budget bracket.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #170 of 5,394
I honestly believe the Answer was the Pinnacle of what a dynamic driver can truly do.

Until several years later dynamic driver was built amazing again by the folks in Campfire Audio now.

This is really a nostalgic moment for someone like me whom missed the beauty of single dynamic driver sound. :D

And thanks so much for the impressions.

I personally would love to hear the Vega myself even though it's kinda out of my budget bracket.

I believe you should wait for the announcements this weekend in Japan :wink:

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #171 of 5,394
I believe you should wait for the announcements this weekend in Japan
wink.gif

Oh I will surely wait.

I don't mind not being able to purchase any of these gems but I will sure as heck want to try them all on and give a full-write-up impression.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #172 of 5,394
That adel tech is interesting as I read more on it.. Paul Stanley of KISS trying it out (he's deaf in one ear)
http://youtu.be/guWr65Xb1RA

Would be great, if it does in fact work, if it could be implemented in many more iems and cans going forward. I value my hearing as much as the next person, but don't know if excessive listening to certain volumes (even if I think they're min to mod levels) aren't doing damage.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #173 of 5,394
That adel tech is interesting as I read more on it.. Paul Stanley of KISS trying it out (he's deaf in one ear)
http://youtu.be/guWr65Xb1RA

Would be great, if it does in fact work, if it could be implemented in many more iems and cans going forward. I value my hearing as much as the next person, but don't know if excessive listening to certain volumes (even if I think they're min to mod levels) aren't doing damage.
He only has one ear.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #174 of 5,394
He only has one ear.

yes and i noted that, thanks...however, my interest has been piqued, like others,
in how this tech (or others like it) could possibly be integrated
so we can better and safely enjoy our iems and cans long term, to avoid hearing damage.
that was all.

and you can see it's not just a regular hearing aid amplifying sound...seems
audiophile related, too, in applications...that 64 audio is implementing it says something, i'd like to think.
https://www.64audio.com/ad/adel
but like  many others don't know if it is just to differentiate oneself from the competition or if it truly does
hold promise...i am sub'd to the other main adel thread so am not trying to divert this one.
one member mentioned this tech a few pages back and the tech has garnered attention.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #176 of 5,394
Yes, the soundstage is smaller. The Andromedas have one of the best soundstages of any IEM out there. The Vegas have different strengths.
Bigger sound stage due to less sub bass ? Or it seems bigger due to the bass coming from a BA driver ?

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #177 of 5,394
Bigger sound stage due to less sub bass ? Or it seems bigger due to the bass coming from a BA driver ?

I don't think the bass alone determines the soundstage. The Andromedas sound like speakers, like they're coming to you from several feet away. That does not mean the music sounds recessed, it's just presented on a wide, deep soundstage.

The Vegas are more immediate, more intimate. It's not just due to the bass, it's the tuning and presentation overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back