Campfire Audio Trifecta
Dec 17, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #91 of 876
My perfect weekend:

I have the Trifecta now 7 days and now the right headphones do not work properly anymore (loose contact)... no matter what cable I use... I'm really annoyed by it. After waiting for delivery since the end of July, I was so happy that he is finally here and I really like him so much that it makes me really sad.

No joke: I had just started writing a comparison between the XE6 and the Trifecta for the forum when it happens. This has increased my "good" mood even further.

Does anyone else have similar problems?
Sorry to hear that, especially on a long awaited product like Trifecta. I had to send back my Supermoon last week due to a driver flex issue. Luckily CFA is 5* with customer service, but stuff like this shouldn't happen at this 'high' level in the hobby. My fathers CIEM Indigo has just come back from China after nearly 2 months for a repair due to 'loose 2pin connectors'.

The MMCX connectors on my Trifecta are as tight as can be, but the cable does rotate in the socket just like other mmcx iems I've used before. Kinda wish CFA jumped the gun on Pentaconn In Ear connecter like Elysian Acoustics have done.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #92 of 876
Sorry to hear that, especially on a long awaited product like Trifecta. I had to send back my Supermoon last week due to a driver flex issue. Luckily CFA is 5* with customer service, but stuff like this shouldn't happen at this 'high' level in the hobby. My fathers CIEM Indigo has just come back from China after nearly 2 months for a repair due to 'loose 2pin connectors'.

The MMCX connectors on my Trifecta are as tight as can be, but the cable does rotate in the socket just like other mmcx iems I've used before. Kinda wish CFA jumped the gun on Pentaconn In Ear connecter like Elysian Acoustics have done.

By the way, I also have this 2-pin problem with my Indigo. But I was afraid that the repair of the Indigo would take so long and have therefore refrained from doing so... but nice to hear that it was at least successful in the end. I think I'll take care of that now.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #93 of 876
By the way, I also have this 2-pin problem with my indigo. But I was afraid that the repair of the Indigo would take so long and have therefore refrained from doing so... but nice to hear that it was at least successful in the end.
Indeed, thank you. If you bought from Musicteck, Andrew will make things right :heart:. If not, I'm sure Leo @UniqueMelody will be excellent in assisting as well.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #94 of 876
Indeed, thank you. If you bought from Musicteck, Andrew will make things right :heart:. If not, I'm sure Leo @UniqueMelody will be excellent in assisting as well.

I bought the Indigo from Musicteck and can only confirm that Andrew is always really helpful and has a top customer service. Although I live in Germany and therefore there are always additional EU taxes on delivery, I like to order from Andrew due to the above mentioned.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #95 of 876
I bought the Indigo from Musicteck and can only confirm that Andrew is always really helpful and has a top customer service. Although I live in Germany and therefore there are always additional EU taxes on delivery, I like to order from Andrew due to the above mentioned.
Is there a possibility to ship with taxes included to Germany or do you have to pay them on arrival?

Dec 17, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #96 of 876
Is there a possibility to ship with taxes included to Germany or do you have to pay them on arrival?

Upon arrival in Germany you will receive a payment request from customs via DHL or UPS. The goods will only be forwarded to customs (e.g. by PayPal) after payment of the tax.

Dec 18, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #97 of 876
Trifecta gets three thumbs up from me.
In Cracker Jack style with old school toy surprise inside. Last three mornings have been progressively more enjoyable each day. Prog Rock in particular, though nothing so far sounds unlistenable and most of my library sounds awesome.

Love the whole sound profile of these, when that deep bass hits, even vocals sound nice to me.

Takes me out of this year with three IEMs added to the collection more focused on fun than other sound profiles, each different enough to compliment each other.

Dec 18, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #98 of 876
Trifecta gets three thumbs up from me.
In Cracker Jack style with old school toy surprise inside. Last three mornings have been progressively more enjoyable each day. Prog Rock in particular, though nothing so far sounds unlistenable and most of my library sounds awesome.

Love the whole sound profile of these, when that deep bass hits, even vocals sound nice to me.

Takes me out of this year with three IEMs added to the collection more focused on fun than other sound profiles, each different enough to compliment each other.
I suppose among the three, you have Trifecta and XE6, which is the third one? For me it is Legend Evo but I don't see it in your equipment...and I am waiting for a Blue Midnight Trifecta by now...

Dec 18, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #99 of 876
A222E31C-B307-4A06-A936-43A40D6C9DC4.jpeg
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Controversial statement incoming!!

TRIFECTA!! Contender for iem of the year for me!! 🤤

This is turning the current market on its head. Trifecta has a crap ton of air but it’s bass air, something I have not experienced even with BCD or kinetic bass. This is a very different way of presenting sound and extremely engaging and enveloping. Trifecta is not relying on technicalities to showcase its balls to the wall sound to make you go “wow!! ooooh!! or ahhh!!” But I wouldn’t say it’s lacking either. It’s just coming from a different angle that may be staggering to some that are used to a more technical or treble emphasis. Perception is important here. If you want to embrace what it is, I think one will understand it and be swept away however if you have your mind made up to what is “perceived” as how a monitor should be or sound then you may be let down. Trifecta needs an open mind because it is entirely different than what is happening in the iem world and what is “perceived” as TOTL
It’s not relying on treble to open the stage and present the detail…It’s relying on the other end of the spectrum…and it works!! There is so much air but it’s just atypical to what’s been out there.

End of the day, I’m just a dude with an opinion but I seriously love these. This is @Rockwell75 set that I’m mailing to him in Canada and he graciously let me demo them! Massive thanks to him and I cannot wait to get my own.

Yet another instance of YMMV and how different we all perceive sound. And that is okay, it’s just another reason that makes us all individuals. But to me Trifecta is Bae 🥰
Watch out Xe6! Just kidding, I love both! Different presentations and complimentary IMO

It does look like they've grabbed you by the balls :)

Sorry, I'll get my coat... again.

Dec 18, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #100 of 876
It does look like they've grabbed you by the balls :)

Sorry, I'll get my coat... again.
They do come with different size condoms (tips) to maximize your pleasure.

Sorry could not resist.

Dec 18, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #101 of 876
Dec 19, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #103 of 876
I suppose among the three, you have Trifecta and XE6, which is the third one?
Supermoon, hey it’s planar, drums so snappy, compared to Trifecta where drums are wet to me.

All I keep thinking this morning as I hit many genres, today for example tracks in order,
Mbongwana Star From Kinshasa To The Moon, Wes Montgomery Full House, Zero 7 Futures, Willie Bobo Grazing The Grass, Katatonia Heart Set To Divide, Riverside Heavenland, Neko Case Hell-On, The Fratellis Henrietta, Peter Gregson Hidden, Herbert Von Karajan Mars, The Bringer Of The Planets, Kings of Convenience Homesick, MRI Human Patterns mixed by Andrew Weatherall, this Trifecta is giving XE6 a run for it’s money.

This may be the best I have ever heard for pure musical enjoyment.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #104 of 876
Dec 19, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #105 of 876
One thing I really like about the Trifecta is the fact that you can still have that musical enjoyment / involvement while listening at a more reserved volume level. No need to kick up the volume unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back