Campfire Audio - Satsuma and Honeydew
Mar 25, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #258 of 278
Sending over some comments on the pairing of the Honeydew and N3P. Great warmth and timbre. Some nice sounds on this Friday night.
1648262271077.png

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #259 of 278
Huh. Was getting ready to sell my Honeydews but I thought I'd mess around with them for a bit one last time and threw some random tips on them (transparent with a yellow stem, so probably the Spinfit CP100s?) and they sound... good? And with a bit of EQ (mainly a big ass drop in the bass region) it actually feels like it's rapidly approaching a great sound. It's not perfect, but considering the other factors (superb cable and comfort, good enough isolation, the obvious fact that I already own these and wouldn't have to look around for a new pair lol), I think I'll stick with these for a while longer. I'll have to continue tweaking the EQ a bit after work.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #260 of 278
Huh. Was getting ready to sell my Honeydews but I thought I'd mess around with them for a bit one last time and threw some random tips on them (transparent with a yellow stem, so probably the Spinfit CP100s?) and they sound... good? And with a bit of EQ (mainly a big ass drop in the bass region) it actually feels like it's rapidly approaching a great sound. It's not perfect, but considering the other factors (superb cable and comfort, good enough isolation, the obvious fact that I already own these and wouldn't have to look around for a new pair lol), I think I'll stick with these for a while longer. I'll have to continue tweaking the EQ a bit after work.
The bass is too much for you ?

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #261 of 278
The bass is too much for you ?

Yeah, it's a bit much for some music on my playlist. I listen to a wide variety of stuff so I tend to gravitate towards sound signatures that do good enough with any genre I throw at them, and the Honeydews seem to be doing a pretty great job at that when the bass gets tamed a bit. To my taste, at least. They're still very bassy, even with my EQ applied.

Apr 3, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #262 of 278
Has anyone had issues with MMCX connectors on their Honeydew/Satsuma? I bought the Honeydew in LN condition from their Warehouse/Market website last November. I just realized this issue even though it’d been happening since at least a few months ago. I thought I was having eartip/fit issues, lol. I mostly have 2 pin style IEMs in my collection and can’t recall a connector issue with any of them. I just confirmed my issue by swapping cables and it’s the same issue.

I emailed support so I hope they get back to me soon. I’ve been having a lot of fun with my Jupiters as of recently, also purchased from the Market.

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #263 of 278
I got the Satsuma’s for cheap. After listening for a while, I was ready to sell them off. Something very odd going on with the upper midrange and treble. Too hot! Then I paired them up with a Lotoo Paw S1, and viola, they sound great. The S1’s warm sounding nature tamed the Satsuma’s perfectly. No eq filter was used on the S1.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #265 of 278
Honeydew's have been my daily drivers on the go and at work since they came out. Anyone have any idea what sort of upgrade path someone who likes these should follow?

Dorado 2020!

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #267 of 278
Honeydew's have been my daily drivers on the go and at work since they came out. Anyone have any idea what sort of upgrade path someone who likes these should follow?
Was originally going go with 'Honeydews' but scored a good deal on 'Mammoths'. Still consider getting a pair of dews or 'Vega 2020'. Depending what sound signature you're looking for... my CFA short list -- Vega 2020, Dews, Saber, Dorado 2020.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #268 of 278
Was originally going go with 'Honeydews' but scored a good deal on 'Mammoths'. Still consider getting a pair of dews or 'Vega 2020'. Depending what sound signature you're looking for... my CFA short list -- Vega 2020, Dews, Saber, Dorado 2020.
I actually have some Mammoths. Getting ready to sell them though since I don't use them as much as my Honeydews.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #269 of 278
I actually have some Mammoths. Getting ready to sell them though since I don't use them as much as my Honeydews.
Interesting, opinion on the two-- likes/ dislikes?

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #270 of 278
Interesting, opinion on the two-- likes/ dislikes?
Less bass on the mammoths, but what's there is very high quality. And more upper mids on the mammoths. I've seen some people describe the mammoths as v shaped, but they sound W shaped to my ears. They're really great for rock and metal. You really do get a giant sound out of them.

With the honeydews, I just prefer their more downward sloping sound. Lots of bass and lower mids and then everything just sort of levels off after that. When I listen to the mammoths I miss the warmth of the honeydew's. With the honeydews, I can listen to any genre and be happy. Also, I find the honeydews infinitely more comfortable because of their small nozzle. That might just be me though since I have small ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back