Campfire Audio Polaris - New CA IEM
Aug 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 312
I think Campfire should do only one colour shell design, two colours do not look good in my opinion which is shame becouse blue or matte black would look cool.

Part of me wonders if it's to avoid resembling the KZ knockoff.

I often wonder about the design choice and whether they'd be comfortable sitting in the ear for a prolonged length of time. This is the only thought that prevents me on splurging on a pair.

Strangely, while odd at first, I got quite used to the fit of the andromeda. Thus far, comfort has not been an issue for me.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #19 of 312
Little brother of Dorado?

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #22 of 312
The color reminds me of the combination of the 2 colors on the KZ ZS5.. Campfire shell clone.

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #24 of 312
I'm intrigued by the shell design. They managed to fit two BA drivers and the TAEC tech into the long nozzle of the Dorado, so I wonder if the switch to the angular shells is just to shorten the stem length required or if they are doing something different with the tuning on this model. Anytime read anything official on these yet?

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #30 of 312
The second color is covered by the tip. Don't think tips are color coordinated. How is that not 'solid industrial design'? It's a different material for a reason. Ever try color matching different color applications. They are always off and look worse than simply using different colors, in this case on what's covered by a tip and invisible in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back