Campfire Audio New IEM release
Jan 7, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #1,126 of 1,221
Anyone think that a new Campfire Audio Atlas for $449USD is a good deal these days? I know its an older model, and most newer models have more than 1 driver, but still saw most used models being sold for more than that.
My other iems are empire ears zeus and yanyin canon II -- would the atlas be different enough to make them interesting?
Make sure they have the box, Atlas is one of the models cloned on AliExpress.

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #1,128 of 1,221
Just got my pair yesterday from the local audio shop.

At first, I was not interested at CFA since I listened to their previous flagships and it happens to be my least favorable sounding.
but I gave them a chance and started to demo their latest Chromatic iems.
I was deeply impressed with Supermoon and very tempted to get one but It was a little too similar to my current main IEM 64A U12T.

I wanted something not referance, something fun to listen to.
Thankfully I've known the shop owner in person and had a chance to demo his pair of Black Star.
Like when I first heard Andromeda OG, Black Star had the CFA Magic that I have not gotten for a while from CFA.
Love how they manage to find a great balance between Fun and Natural (I don't mean Neutral).

My preferred music (Metal, Kpop, and Classic) sounded super engaging and alive.
Yes, this is not a reference type of sound, Yes this is not the perfect IEM that people dream of.
However, Black Star gives me the vibe that CFA once had back in 2016.
The fun engaging lively sound that no iem manufacture makes anymore since the begining of "Harman target Trend".
Sound that is not "FLAT" but not weird like some of CFA iem past couple years.

At last, the price of Iem is going out of control these days, and they have placed black star where OG Andromeda was at.
I am super happy that I can get TOTL quality sound out of killobucks iem today.

Well done CFA you have finally figured out how to recreate CFA Magic!

IMG_1429.jpeg
Do you have any other Solaris' to compare it to?

Jan 8, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #1,129 of 1,221
Jan 8, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #1,131 of 1,221
It’s from drop.com
In that case, yes. I'm boycotting DROP for value and keyboard reasons (really lost their way and ruined a good thing), but they're good for deals on CA.

So what’s your opinion of the atlas? Worth it?
While the technicalities of the Atlas have never been its strength, the tonality and texture are where it still shines. I still hold the Atlas as one of my favorite basshead IEMs. The tips are key to getting the most out of them as you can use narrower tips to get deeper insertion to bring up perceived detail. EDIT: everyone's ear canal is different, so keep in mind, you will have to find tips that work for you. Try TWS tips for a wider fit as well as some narrow and long ones.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #1,132 of 1,221
Do you have any other Solaris' to compare it to?
I do not own any of Solaris as it was not my preferred sounding iem even if I demo many time.
If you love Solaris the way it sounds and presentation, Black Star might not be your choice.
Take my words with a grain of salt as I do not own Solaris and only demo 3~4 times last year.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #1,133 of 1,221
I do not own any of Solaris as it was not my preferred sounding iem even if I demo many time.
If you love Solaris the way it sounds and presentation, Black Star might not be your choice.
Take my words with a grain of salt as I do not own Solaris and only demo 3~4 times last year.
been looking for measurements, seems like it could be more in line with an andro gold with DD bass. The Solaris is way too bass light for me, but alas I have collected them X'D. No more Solaris clones for me.

Jan 8, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #1,135 of 1,221
So what’s your opinion of the atlas? Worth it?
I never tried Atlas, but if I were going to drop 500 on CFA right now, it would have to be for the Cascara (also not heard, but believe it's a bit like Black Star with the new 10mm DD). Maybe @Rockwell75 can give you a better direction here as he's heard all of these.

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #1,136 of 1,221
Hey all! Many of you may know me from trade shows and/or the CA helpdesk. Wanted to pop in and say hey!

We’ll be hanging out in some of the ongoing CA threads to answer questions and field any feedback from the community. Really appreciate the community and ongoing discussions about our new releases. If anyone has any feedback or questions feel free to tag me!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 9, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #1,137 of 1,221
Hey all! Many of you may know me from trade shows and/or the CA helpdesk. Wanted to pop in and say hey!

We’ll be hanging out in some of the ongoing CA threads to answer questions and field any feedback from the community. Really appreciate the community and ongoing discussions about our new releases. If anyone has any feedback or questions feel free to tag me!
Hey Chris, when do we get that budget Trifecta? 😂

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #1,138 of 1,221

Hey man welcome to Head Fi (I think I met you in SoCal). Nice to see CFA with a rep on this site again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back