Campfire Audio New IEM release
May 21, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #377 of 1,221
72405B18-E74A-45D9-87A8-50EB37215EBD.jpeg

i am also interested. CA Ara. So beautiful in titanium. <3

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #379 of 1,221
Don't have any other words to describe this but "candy box unboxing experience". The funny thing, my wife and kids did think those were candies when I took pictures in the kitchen lol!!!

cfa-2020-x01.jpg cfa-2020-x02.jpgcfa-2020-x03.jpg cfa-2020-x04.jpgcfa-2020-x05.jpg cfa-2020-x06.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #382 of 1,221
Beautiful. Thank you

Can we have some photos of the IEMs? I’m drooling 🤤

you mean, a dozen or so of pictures I posted already on previous pages are not enough? :p Ok, ok, here is some more :D

cfa-2020-x07.jpg
cfa-2020-x08.jpg
cfa-2020-x09.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #383 of 1,221
I'm very interested in the Ara as well - though the graph has me wary to actually pre-order them without reading some detailed reviews.

I wonder if CA has been receiving many pre-orders on them, or if the graphs and description has similar scared some people away.

In the meanwhile, I did purchase the Solaris 2020 through Bloom Audio (great service!). I don't hear much of a difference from my OG Solaris. And going back to listen to my OG Andromeda last night, they still are an amazing IEM!

May 21, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #384 of 1,221
I'm very interested in the Ara as well - though the graph has me wary to actually pre-order them without reading some detailed reviews.

I wonder if CA has been receiving many pre-orders on them, or if the graphs and description has similar scared some people away.

In the meanwhile, I did purchase the Solaris 2020 through Bloom Audio (great service!). I don't hear much of a difference from my OG Solaris. And going back to listen to my OG Andromeda last night, they still are an amazing IEM!
Yes, @Andrew DiMarcangelo and the folks at Bloom are fantastic!
I think there are slight differences between the 2020 and the SE, and I prefer the 2020 overall...some disagree with me. 2020 has sightly elevated sub-bass (as I listen to them more, I am finding this...) and some elevation in the upper mid/low high frequencies (which seemed apparent immediately). Biggest diff is fit for sure.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #385 of 1,221

Solaris 2020 vs Solaris OG or Solaris SE? The difference between Solaris OG and Solaris 2020 is quite noticeable in upper mids region, between 3k-5k, where OG has a dip while 2020 lifts it up, bringing more focus and resolution to vocals. I can't say with 100% certainty since I only had a brief audition of Solaris SE early this year at Canjam NYC, but SE sounded similar to 2020.

May 21, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #387 of 1,221
How is the Andromeda OG vs 2020? I’ve heard that the 2020 has a slight bump bringing the midrange along with vocals a little more forward.

I can't wait for the day I can cruise by Headphone Bar to check both out.

May 22, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #388 of 1,221
New Campfire stuff is always welcomed. I'm kind of bummed out they seem to have stopped refining their DD line. I wonder if we'll ever have an evolved version of the Vega, before anyone brings the Altas to mind; I wish Campfire would continue with the same shape they had on the Vega, call me picky but it was the shape of the Atlas the main reason I opted for the Vega.

Here's hoping Campfire brings to the table an even more refined version the Vega, with a sturdier nozzle, a tiny bit more forward mids, and slightly less peaky highs but with more extension. I'd say if Campfire needs to tune down the bass a bit; but not much! I'm ok with that trade off.

Anyways, congratulations Ken for this new product line. I wish I was on a better financial to situation to give more than words for support. Wishing everyone at Campfire the best with these new products!

May 22, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #389 of 1,221

I'm in the same boat. I think the ARA looks beautiful and it's CA's newest model, so I'm extremely curious. However, based on the descriptions, I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for.

May 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #390 of 1,221
Solaris 2020 vs Solaris OG or Solaris SE? The difference between Solaris OG and Solaris 2020 is quite noticeable in upper mids region, between 3k-5k, where OG has a dip while 2020 lifts it up, bringing more focus and resolution to vocals. I can't say with 100% certainty since I only had a brief audition of Solaris SE early this year at Canjam NYC, but SE sounded similar to 2020.

Any impressions on Ara vs. Solaris SE/OG and Andro OG?

I think a lot of people are curious about the Ara and have the Solaris SE/OG and Andro OG as listening reference points and want to purchase the Ara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back