Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #9,121 of 9,825
Well, it’s been almost 6 months to the day since I sold my Andromeda S, and 3 months since I’ve had a Campfire IEM in my possession which is like an eternity in this hobby for me haha... So I was very excited when the postman delivered this little care package this morning

B9CD14AD-773F-447D-8F99-D9E68AB291A3.jpegBD0E4AF6-EF78-4E82-B8B9-A421AA03AFD8.jpeg
I really enjoyed the Andromeda S’ detailed and clear mids, famous sparkly treble and enormous soundstage. However, I felt that the bass was too boxy and had that typical BA feel, which ultimately became a dealbreaker for me.

But I’ve been lurking this thread and seeing all the talk about the MW10 being the best sounding Andromeda to date, so I had to give them a shot to see if this model could win me over.

And the short answer is - yes! These sound amazing! Campfire have really knocked this one out of the park. The detail retrieval, mids, treble, and bass are all excellent. A massive improvement over the S to my ears.

These are fantastic IEM’s. Nicely done Campfire :D

Will gather my thoughts over the coming week to share some better impressions, and maybe do some comparisons with my other gear if anyone’s interested :)

Welcome to the club! Having tried all Andromeda sound tuning variants, MW10 is probably my favourite.

Just has amazing sub-bass, the famous Andro sparkle and very forward and lifted mids which sound particularly amazing with female vocals. Extremely dynamic and great separation and detail too. No bass bleed and just overall a great tuning. I like it as much as the U12T I had before.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #9,122 of 9,825
Well, it’s been almost 6 months to the day since I sold my Andromeda S, and 3 months since I’ve had a Campfire IEM in my possession which is like an eternity in this hobby for me haha... So I was very excited when the postman delivered this little care package this morning

B9CD14AD-773F-447D-8F99-D9E68AB291A3.jpegBD0E4AF6-EF78-4E82-B8B9-A421AA03AFD8.jpeg
I really enjoyed the Andromeda S’ detailed and clear mids, famous sparkly treble and enormous soundstage. However, I felt that the bass was too boxy and had that typical BA feel, which ultimately became a dealbreaker for me.

But I’ve been lurking this thread and seeing all the talk about the MW10 being the best sounding Andromeda to date, so I had to give them a shot to see if this model could win me over.

And the short answer is - yes! These sound amazing! Campfire have really knocked this one out of the park. The detail retrieval, mids, treble, and bass are all excellent. A massive improvement over the S to my ears.

These are fantastic IEM’s. Nicely done Campfire :D

Will gather my thoughts over the coming week to share some better impressions, and maybe do some comparisons with my other gear if anyone’s interested :)
You lucky bugger I was looking for ages with no joy and had to get a pair of 2020 Andro’s.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #9,123 of 9,825
Welcome to the club! Having tried all Andromeda sound tuning variants, MW10 is probably my favourite.

Just has amazing sub-bass, the famous Andro sparkle and very forward and lifted mids which sound particularly amazing with female vocals. Extremely dynamic and great separation and detail too. No bass bleed and just overall a great tuning. I like it as much as the U12T I had before.
Thanks! Wow, well considering you’ve tried them all, that’s great news :)

Yeah, I’m seriously shocked at how good these sound. I can’t really find a fault? The tuning is impeccable. I’d take these over a u12t. The u12t probably has slightly more sub bass from memory, but the mids and treble on the MW10 sound better IMO. Just super engaging!

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #9,125 of 9,825
I should also mention that I’m pairing them with an iBasso DX220 Max and a 4.4mm Super Smoky Litz cable. No hiss! :scream: 😍
Hi
I just got some nice Andromeda Gold and realized you are owning the same DAP I have 👍
I have been using the DX220 max with Denon AH D9200 over ears so far and just connected them with the Andromeda Gold through the standard single ended cable.
As I have no Andromeda experience yet, would you say the balanced connection is an update?
Couldn't find any specs on output impedance for the Ibasso Max
Wouldn't the balanced out be too much impedance so bass is weakened?
Thx for your feedback!

Nov 22, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #9,126 of 9,825
Hi
I just got some nice Andromeda Gold and realized you are owning the same DAP I have 👍
I have been using the DX220 max with Denon AH D9200 over ears so far and just connected them with the Andromeda Gold through the standard single ended cable.
As I have no Andromeda experience yet, would you say the balanced connection is an update?
Couldn't find any specs on output impedance for the Ibasso Max
Wouldn't the balanced out be too much impedance so bass is weakened?
Thx for your feedback!

Nice! Congrats on your new Andro :)

The output impedance on the dx220 Max seems to be quite low, I’m guessing around 1 ohm or lower, as the bass response is on par with my other sources that also have a low output impedance. So I’d assume you’re getting the full Andro gold bass experience with your Max :)

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #9,127 of 9,825
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #9,128 of 9,825
Are these original Andromeda S???
Nooooo, of course they are not!
Don't even post the links on this crap, some one may believe it and waste their money.

The seller can claim whatever they want, doesn't make it true.
There are real user's photos from another lot, it's a very obvious fake.

a1.jpga2.jpg

Nov 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #9,129 of 9,825
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #9,130 of 9,825
Nice! Congrats on your new Andro :)

The output impedance on the dx220 Max seems to be quite low, I’m guessing around 1 ohm or lower, as the bass response is on par with my other sources that also have a low output impedance. So I’d assume you’re getting the full Andro gold bass experience with your Max :)

Am enjoying the new Andro Golds very much on the DX max single ended, can hardly catch sleep, caught in the music :robot:
Waiting for Black Friday and see if I will order some Balanced cables cheap for the DX max and my freshly ordered Qudelix-5k

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #9,132 of 9,825
Are these original Andromeda S???
The seller claime that they are originals but unpacked...

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/10...il&spm=a2g0n.store_home.productList_4021844.0

This is a problem that CA knows about. Those are dupes. I own the originals and those look like a dull knock off actually. I can tell the finish is not exactly the same. Mine is like mirror finish those look a bit dull in comparison. If it looks to be too good to be true. Than you should stay away.

Nov 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #9,133 of 9,825
Agree with the comments above, stay away only purchase from Campfire Audio dealers or on the for sale threads here. For instance here in the U.K. there is a group from the Far East that are using a U.K. website address and offering the new Andromeda 2020 for about £650, I have noticed over a period of time they keep changing their name, there is no e-mail, contact details or phone number. I doubt you would even get a fake Andromeda sent to you even.

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #9,134 of 9,825
I think one dead giveaway that they are fakes is when they don't offer the whole packaging. They go through the trouble if reproducing the look of the earphones but don't bother with packaging. Not to mention something like the Andromeda S which was a limited production. CA didn't make more than what they sold off. There can't be a new one of those is my point. Lol.

There are Solaris being sold too on Aliexpress. Last time I checked Aliexpress dealers are not authorized sellers of CA goods.
Remember folks these guys can copy Rolex watches so something like an all metal CA design is actually gonna be easy for them. There are dealers on Aliexpress that supposedly sell CA cables as well. Supposedly originals. .Supposedly.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #9,135 of 9,825
Guess who got an Andromeda Gold because he couldn't resist...:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back