Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 24, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #9,107 of 9,829
All aboard the Andromeda train. Liked 2020 enough to settle on it being the third and final iem in my permanent collection. Now to find a good cable pair up.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #9,108 of 9,829
All aboard the Andromeda train. Liked 2020 enough to settle on it being the third and final iem in my permanent collection. Now to find a good cable pair up.

Can you do a quick comparison of the mest vs the Andromeda for funsies?

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #9,109 of 9,829
Can you do a quick comparison of the mest vs the Andromeda for funsies?
Comparison yes, might not be quick though :beyersmile:

I'll probably be doing a wall of text once I have them in hand on Flickenick's thread. Iirc compared the V3, MW and 2020 already there don't remember if MEST comparisons were made though

Oct 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #9,110 of 9,829
Oct 25, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #9,111 of 9,829
Hey folks,

Unfortunately, I gotta put my recently acquired Andromedas up for sale due to doc's orders asking me to switch from IEMs to primarily over ears for ear canal protection reasons.

If you got a cascade, please PM me - would love to do a straight trade!

More info here if you're looking for a set: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-...-for-campfire-cascade-or-focal-elegia.945545/
Out of curiosity, why did you have to switch according to the doctor?

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #9,112 of 9,829
Out of curiosity, why did you have to switch according to the doctor?

I have a bad case of ear wax that compounds over time, faster with IEMs being used. Combined with my ear canal that has is tight and has a harsh bend, it results in build-up faster than most people. We have to use a machine to clear my wax from my ears as a result, and the switch from IEMs to headphones will help slow down that process. My ear wax buildup also relates to me commonly getting ear infections more commonly than most folks as a result of that.

It's not that I can't use IEMS any more period (I'm still keeping my Solaris OG, K10c, and Savant), rather a more logical recommendation that came from him especially since I'm not commuting as much anymore since I graduated from university last year. I also work in PR/Social Media so will be remote nowdays more often than not.

Finding out about the wax was really the final straw if that makes sense!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #9,113 of 9,829
I have a bad case of ear wax that compounds over time, faster with IEMs being used. Combined with my ear canal that has is tight and has a harsh bend, it results in build-up faster than most people. We have to use a machine to clear my wax from my ears as a result, and the switch from IEMs to headphones will help slow down that process. My ear wax buildup also relates to me commonly getting ear infections more commonly than most folks as a result of that.

It's not that I can't use IEMS any more period (I'm still keeping my Solaris OG, K10c, and Savant), rather a more logical recommendation that came from him especially since I'm not commuting as much anymore since I graduated from university last year. I also work in PR/Social Media so will be remote nowdays more often than not.

Finding out about the wax was really the final straw if that makes sense!
Makes sense! Wish you the very best! :)

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #9,116 of 9,829
Hi there. Just bought an Andromeda Gold and I was wondering what player fits good or best with it. I have a desktop listening place with Topping L30/E30 stack and for my smartphone I have the Tempotec Sonata Pro HD (Hididz S8). The Output impedence on both is less then 1 ohms (the L30 less then 0,1 ohms). Any recommendations or should I stick with it. I am not really a dap guy, please keep that in mind. Thank you!

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #9,117 of 9,829
Curious if anyone has a recommendation for a headphone amp that doesn't hiss with the Andro 2020 and can be dialed to the 9-10 oclock position at low gain?

It doesn't hiss at all with the 789, but my unit has a channel imbalance under the 8 oclock position and the 2020 already hits the max volume at the 8 oclock spot.

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #9,119 of 9,829
Well, it’s been almost 6 months to the day since I sold my Andromeda S, and 3 months since I’ve had a Campfire IEM in my possession which is like an eternity in this hobby for me haha... So I was very excited when the postman delivered this little care package this morning

B9CD14AD-773F-447D-8F99-D9E68AB291A3.jpeg
BD0E4AF6-EF78-4E82-B8B9-A421AA03AFD8.jpeg

I really enjoyed the Andromeda S’ detailed and clear mids, famous sparkly treble and enormous soundstage. However, I felt that the bass was too boxy and had that typical BA feel, which ultimately became a dealbreaker for me.

But I’ve been lurking this thread and seeing all the talk about the MW10 being the best sounding Andromeda to date, so I had to give them a shot to see if this model could win me over.

And the short answer is - yes! These sound amazing! Campfire have really knocked this one out of the park. The detail retrieval, mids, treble, and bass are all excellent. A massive improvement over the S to my ears.

These are fantastic IEM’s. Nicely done Campfire :D

Will gather my thoughts over the coming week to share some better impressions, and maybe do some comparisons with my other gear if anyone’s interested :)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #9,120 of 9,829
Been wanting to buy another Andromeda after selling my Andro version 3 a few months back. Undecided yet whether to search for MW10 or Andro2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back